TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I don't know about anybody else, but I marked out a little when Jack rushed the door. It showed exactly what his character is, he never gives up and always keeps going.

I get the feeling that a lot of you, when you rent a movie, you watch the first 5 minutes, then FF and watch the last 5 minutes.

How much fun would Citizen Kane have been if you knew right away that Rosebud was a sled? Or, if the first time you watch Star Wars, that Darth was Luke's father?

The fun of this, is the journey. Maybe I'm a little spoiled, since I watched the first 2 seasons via DVD, but I guess I like being left in

the dark.

Posting spoilers, ban plz.

You know when i finally saw Citizen kane, I did know (from general pop culture) that Rosebud was a sled, and I still thought the movie was great.

Why? Because the rest of the movie is good, and not just dependent on that last twist or mystery to be good.

And Tiny toons. And Simpsons.

Oh and the same with the usual suspects. I knew the ending 3 mins into it. Especially after watching Scary movie & Wrongfully accused.

Guest Dumb Monkey

Just a terrific episode of LOST. It looks like they're right back on track.

Haven't seen this mentioned...saw this on another board.

EOnline just reported that Nathan (FIREFLY) Fillion will be showing up in at least two episodes this season, appearing in Kate's flashbacks.

JJ Abrams:

‘Lost’ is not a puzzle before it’s a character piece. It’s not a science-fiction series before it’s a character drama and an emotional drama. I feel like a lot of people put the facade of what the show is first, and while it is that, to me, the essence of the show is not that at all. It’s about who these people are, and you’ll discover in Season 3 a whole group of people who will add to the mix in, I think, a pretty thrilling way.

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/vie...rticleid=161388

Citizen Kane was three hours long. The whole Star Wars trilogy was maybe 8 hours. 5 seasons of Lost adds up to about 125 hours. That's an awful long time to go waiting for something to happen.

The fact is that right now, Lost has a lot of unnecessary filler, and honestly, the only thing I found interesting in the premiere was the first scene. The whole prison thing could have been covered in 15 minutes tops, so we could see what was happening on the other side of the island too.

Oh, and the "rebelling against the others" thing was fucking stupid too. Jack was an idiot for being all bitchy, refusing to eat, and opening the underwater hatch door. Kate was being even more of a bitch when she acted like she was being raped because she got fresh clothes and a nice meal. Oh, and Sawyer's "cute sarcastic" act was way overdone as you'd think at this point, he would have developed enough that he'd at least have an emotional response to seeing Kate rather than trying to reprise what he was doing at the beginning of Season 1.

Honestly, I'm more interested in what's going to happen next on Dexter, Earl, Office, and Weeds than I am in what's going to happen on Lost. Lost is kind of at the point where Raw used to be where I'd just watch it out of habit, and in the hope that it would be like the show I used to love before I finally gave up on it.

Wheres Eko? Is it assumed he died or what? I didn't see him in the preview for next week of the "rescue attempt" so im assuming he stays back.

I think I read a preview where the second episode (tonight) we find out what happens to Eko, Desmond and Locke.

I'm about to say something blasphemous, and will likely eat my words after seeing tonight's episode, but the previews for this week leave me kind of disinterested in seeing it. I'm sure I'll be wrong and will come here tomorrow and praise how much I dug it ... but there wasn't that "oh snap!" moment during the previews that make me have to tune in.

Citizen Kane was three hours long. The whole Star Wars trilogy was maybe 8 hours. 5 seasons of Lost adds up to about 125 hours . That's an awful long time to go waiting for something to happen.

The fact is that right now, Lost has a lot of unnecessary filler , and honestly, the only thing I found interesting in the premiere was the first scene. The whole prison thing could have been covered in 15 minutes tops, so we could see what was happening on the other side of the island too.

You actually said the point that I was going to make: of course they have a lot of filler ... they have a lot of time to fill. They kind of HAVE to fill some time. And you say "waiting for something to happen". There is something happening relatively consistently. Maybe not the exact things you are looking for, iggy, but there are answers being provided and "things happening" pretty regularly.

In terms of the actions of the three captives. Jack's alpha male persona sucks, always has and always will in my eyes. But Kate had every reason to be a bitch - I'm guessing that most people would be stand-off-ish if they were held against their will by people with guns and asked to put themselves in handcuffs before eating an ocean-front breakfast. And why would you expect Sawyer to "develop" in the 80 (estimated) days that they've been on the island? Especially since he didn't develop in the 30+ years prior to the crash?!?

I'm about to say something blasphemous, and will likely eat my words after seeing tonight's episode, but the previews for this week leave me kind of disinterested in seeing it. I'm sure I'll be wrong and will come here tomorrow and praise how much I dug it ... but there wasn't that "oh snap!" moment during the previews that make me have to tune in.

Citizen Kane was three hours long. The whole Star Wars trilogy was maybe 8 hours. 5 seasons of Lost adds up to about 125 hours . That's an awful long time to go waiting for something to happen.

The fact is that right now, Lost has a lot of unnecessary filler , and honestly, the only thing I found interesting in the premiere was the first scene. The whole prison thing could have been covered in 15 minutes tops, so we could see what was happening on the other side of the island too.

You actually said the point that I was going to make: of course they have a lot of filler ... they have a lot of time to fill. They kind of HAVE to fill some time. And you say "waiting for something to happen". There is something happening relatively consistently. Maybe not the exact things you are looking for, iggy, but there are answers being provided and "things happening" pretty regularly.

In terms of the actions of the three captives. Jack's alpha male persona sucks, always has and always will in my eyes. But Kate had every reason to be a bitch - I'm guessing that most people would be stand-off-ish if they were held against their will by people with guns and asked to put themselves in handcuffs before eating an ocean-front breakfast. And why would you expect Sawyer to "develop" in the 80 (estimated) days that they've been on the island? Especially since he didn't develop in the 30+ years prior to the crash?!?

Maybe because he started developing toward the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2 before the writers decided that his initial persona was easier to write for. It was a big part of the whole "fresh start" thing that he didn't have to be hateful toward the outside world and could open up a little bit. Kate especially was someone he'd developed a close emotional bond with and he should be expressing at least some legitimate concern when first seeing her after they'd both been abducted. It's not a huge thing, but in a series where character development is the focus, nothing annoys me more than when they develop a character and then regress them and make them one-dimensional because they're not smart enough to think of anywhere else for the character to go.

Wheres Eko? Is it assumed he died or what? I didn't see him in the preview for next week of the "rescue attempt" so im assuming he stays back.

I think I read a preview where the second episode (tonight) we find out what happens to Eko, Desmond and Locke.

I think that's actually set for episode three.

I think that's actually set for episode three.

I knew I had the wrong ep. Oh well, 167 more hours. Really good episode tonight. I still mark out seeing the end of the World Series. And I'm betting Ben is going to make Jack kill either Sawyer or Kate in order to go home..but that's early speculation

The world series clip was great but if you remember, didnt jacks father used to always say something about the chances of something happening are like the chances that the red sox would win the world series.

Can anyone back me up on this?

The Good

- Jin is still a badass motherfucker, but a compassionate one at that. Of course, driving somebody to suicide instead of murdering them yourself is almost the same thing, just with less guilt.

- Sun's father is a cold-blooded motherfucker. He and Jacks dad need to sit down and have a conversation about how to rear a proper child.

- I like the idea of building up Sayid as "the one they fear" in terms of how The Others view him. Henry's eyes going weak and watery at the thought of the Heat from Tikrit whomping his ass again was fab.

- Way to start a war, Sun. If Al Swearengen or Big Dan Dority were around you'd have a boot on your fucking neck right now, you loopy cunt.

- "You taste like strawberries." HAWTNESS.

Nothing particularly bad to speak of but nothing mind-blowing either. I guess the revelation to Jack that the outside world exists (as opposed to the snow-globe theory that Desmond put forth) is supposed to be a big thing for the characters but we already got that treatment at the end of season two.

I really feel Jack's pain too, but only because I am a Cardinals fan.

Its funny though, Jack obviously has to do something "devious" for Ben to go home, but who would he go "home" to? His Dad is dead and his ex-wife wants nothing to do with him.

The world series clip was great but if you remember, didnt jacks father used to always say something about the chances of something happening are like the chances that the red sox would win the world series.

I believe thats why it had such a big impact on Jack.

That's the whole awesome creativeness of it. It's a direct throwback to Season 1...and also when the show first premiered.

Yeah, that's how Sawyer realized he was talking to Jack's dad.

Without touching anyone else on the island, this season is some of the best tv I've seen. Amazing stuff all around.

- Way to start a war, Sun. If Al Swearengen or Big Dan Dority were around you'd have a boot on your fucking neck right now, you loopy cunt.

That's the best thing that's been written in this entire thread.

Sign in to follow this