TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Fuck, I read a spoiler re: the finale I didn't want to read. Fucking hell.

Meanwhile, I don't need any kind of elaboration, just a simple yes or no answer to this spoiler for those who know about the finale:

Do we find out that The Others (Richard's crew) were test subjects of the Dharma Initiative?

Yeah, the bigger deal to me was that hispanic guy didn't age at all. Perhaps some kind of longevity/fountain of youth thing that ties into healed ailments and fertility...

Two groups of others? And the most recent group are NOT nice people, to take out a whole village of seemingly innocent Dharma workers...

I'd like to think Locke is dead only if it plays the theme of how his life played out on the series, he ALWAYS gets f'ed over by someone. He gets convinced he is doing the right thing, and then pays for his mistakes. (Daddy, Blowing up the Hatch).

I also would like to see his character still alive, but have no real qualms if he is dead. If anything, the lack of multiple gunshots will keep us speculating for about 8 months!

Having recently been short of things to watch, I decided to start watching ER from the beginning again, its then I realised that Lost is nothing more then an extended episode of ER :P

Christian

Jin

Artz

Bernard

Juliet

I know its nothing major but I was bored, and only just realised how much ER and Lost have shared 'extra' cast over the years. It'd probably be the same for alot of shows if I was looking to find it.

and all I can say about last nights episode is... the bastards.

Having recently been short of things to watch, I decided to start watching ER from the beginning again, its then I realised that Lost is nothing more then an extended episode of ER :P

Christian

Jin

Artz

Bernard

Juliet

I know its nothing major but I was bored, and only just realised how much ER and Lost have shared 'extra' cast over the years. It'd probably be the same for alot of shows if I was looking to find it.

If you followed "Homicide: Life On The Street" ever, you'd see those cast members everywhere. It's kind of a hobby of mine.

Christian

Jin

Artz

Bernard

Juliet

If you followed "Homicide: Life On The Street" ever, you'd see those cast members everywhere. It's kind of a hobby of mine.

lol Nah never watched it, but I understand what you mean by Hobby. I can tie Ben into ER via SAW as well Ben played Jigsaws lacky in Saw, Jigsaw appears in ER as a consultant doctor (infact, alot of the ER people seem to be pysch consultants apart from Artz who was a patient). Ironicly, Artz wife in ER kinda blew herself up with lighter fluid, almost a foreshadow of things to come for Artz? I'm grabbing at straws.

Fuck, I read a spoiler re: the finale I didn't want to read. Fucking hell.

Meanwhile, I don't need any kind of elaboration, just a simple yes or no answer to this spoiler for those who know about the finale:

Do we find out that The Others (Richard's crew) were test subjects of the Dharma Initiative?

The spoilers posted earlier in this thread say that.

HA! It really IS getting old, man.

Stop.

As for that Locke .gif, I'm not sure if the OP was trying to imply/infer that that was the smoke monster but it could just as easily be the smoke from the gunshot.

Yeah defo gun smoke.

The link to the easteregg page with 'Jacob' caps is pretty awesome, thanks for that. I can see why people might have thought Locke was Jacob somehow, but that would be a hard one to explain - even for Lost. The season Finale is going to drive me mental.

I could be way off base here, but I get the feeling metr0man doesn't like the Others.

how'd you guess? :lol:

anyways, i'll stop - they ain't going anywhere. I just hope that we get more of the Charlie/Hurley/Jin awesome-ness next season. I also hope they don't pussy out on the big fight they've been teasing between the Losties and the Others

Guest Vitamin X

I thought for some reason that Jacob and/or the natives might have something to do with Lostzilla/smoke monster once all was said and done. Maybe there'll still be some kind of connection.

I think Jacob can manifest the smoke monster as a physical form of himself. In season one Locke stared it down and Jacob realized that Locke could help save him/set him free. Something on the island is preventing Jacob from reaching his full potential, hence the "Help me" he gave to Locke. When Ben was a child Jacob manifested himself in the form of Ben's mother, which prompted Richard to realize that Ben was special and recruit him to his crew.

And I was fucking shocked when I checked IMDB and found that Annie wasn't played by the girl from Little Miss Sunshine.

I could be way off base here, but I get the feeling metr0man doesn't like the Others.

how'd you guess? :lol:

anyways, i'll stop - they ain't going anywhere. I just hope that we get more of the Charlie/Hurley/Jin awesome-ness next season. I also hope they don't pussy out on the big fight they've been teasing between the Losties and the Others

After next week it will probably be Hurley/Jin awesomeness. :)

They're not going to pussy out. The only real question in my mind is what side Jack is going to come down on.

I'm with Curry - Jacob is the smoke monster. Or more specifically, the smoke monster is a manifestation of Jacob.

For my money I hope it shakes down as Losties (lead by Sayid/Sawyer) vs. Others (lead by Jack/Ben) vs. Island (lead by Jacob/Locke). That will make me very happy.

I don't think this is the first time Ben has pulled the whole..."These are my people" speech.

vlcsnap101429xc7.jpg

Bullet hole to skull = not from purge.

The thought occurred to me that Rosseau's plans for the dynamite may have to do with the gunpowder surrounding Jacob's house or the actual destruction of the house itself.

I'm betting she pulls Locke out of the hole as well, then they have secret island babies... wait, nah, that's just stupid. She'll pull him out of the hole though, with her hair.

Be interesting if she blew the house up though, was it actually gunpowder around the house? I wasn't sure what it was, but for some reason thought it was some sort of 'salt' like ring of protection.

I thought it was volcanic ash from the volcano that was on the island.

If you remember the school house scene where they were making fake volcanos... one of the children asked about "is that what happens with our volcano."

Sign in to follow this