TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Well that's were the van and stale beer came from-

And it's just cool that Lazlo Hollyfield from Real Genius is Ben's dad.

No fucking way...

Well being gutshot in the middle of the jungle seems to imply that this particular person is fucked.

Whatever happened to Little Ben's girlfriend? I figured they would have shown him come upon her body.

No way in hell he's dead.

"I hope Jacob helps you."

Bingo.

And that wasn't exactly the backstory I was expecting, but it was great. Learned a lot about Ben and what exactly happened to the DHARMA people.

That ending was swerve city.

Oh yeah, and that mountain at the end. I bet Ben's dad Roger the workman could throw a football over it.

No way in hell he's dead.

"I hope Jacob helps you."

Bingo.

That better be the case, or I'll be one piiiiised fanboy!!!

Is that actor going to be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow, seeing as how that's where the actors of dead characters go on the morning after?

Maybe I am just in shock but I refuse to believe it.

This episode needs screen caps of many things.

Something DID appear in the room for a brief second. Now I just have to wait for the magic of internet nerds to let me get a better look at it.

Obviously, we weren't going to get ALL the answers right away. We still have 50 episodes left.

Just to revisit the idea but Im pretty sure the spoilers posted in this thread a bit back seem to be fitting with how the show has been going.... Im kinda dissapointed if they do end up being true, but none the less, good stuff still.

So, they're talking about this over on DVDVR - can Ben actually hear Jacob? If so, why would he need to ask Locke what Jacob said? Or can Jacob talk to Ben & Locke without letting the other hear what is being said?

I'm not sure which way to lean. Ben realizing that Locke can hear Jacob (while Ben can't) would mean that Locke is "more powerful" than Ben, and a possible usurper to his role. But how would Ben know he was in the room if he couldn't hear him? Maybe Ben can only see Jacob, but not hear him?

K, Locke can't be dead, because none of the other Losties care about finding out anything about the island; they just wanna get rescued. Locke is necessary, I think, because someone has to be finding this stuff out, or we never will.

I figure that Ben is actually a dick, and doesn't do exactly what Jacob wants. This is why Jacob said "help me". Jacob wants Locke to be able to hear him, so that he can tell Locke what Ben is up to.

I also thought that Jacob is possibly the former actual leader (like, he was there, everyone saw/heard him, he gave direct orders) of the Others. He somehow managed to become so in touch with the Island, that he sorta became one with it, or at least in such deep commune with it that he cannot be seen or heard by people that are not sensitive enough to the Island. This would also explain how Ben managed to become the leader of the Others; somehow, he's the only one who can see/hear Jacob. Cuz I mean, it seemed weird to me that one of the Dharma people took over the hostiles, you know? Anyway, I also thought that this could explain some of the weird things (Jack's dad, Ben's mom) that people see; maybe Jacob is trying to make himself heard, and the people who see these things are more likely to be able to see him.

Locke, obviously, is so in touch with the island that's he would probably be able to se/hear Jacob eventually. Ben doesn't want this to happen, because then Jacob will tell everyone, through Locke, what a dick Ben is, and then Ben would be fucked.

And then I thought, perchance if Jacob really is just incredibly in touch with the Island, then he's able to make the Island manifest it's powers in certain ways - like healing/not healing people. He healed Locke up, and left Ben injured, to show that something was wrong with Ben, and that he wanted to try and talk to Locke. Ben couldn't walk when Locke wasn't there, then Locke shows up and now he's feeling much better.

And, assuming all of that, that means that Jacob can just get the Island to use it's healing powers on full to get Locke the fuck outta that ditch and back to the Other's camp.

But that was all just stuff I thought up while stoned, while desperately trying to convince myself that Locke can't be dead.

I really, really hope he's not.

Hmm, I really don't know what to think. I think I hyped this episode so much it was a bit of a let down. However, I still liked it and I TOTALLY saw Locke dieing.

And who is dieing next week? I got my money on Charlie, Sawyer and Juliet.

Who has the flashback next week?

Yeah I think the main thing is that Ben feels threatened by Locke. Ben has always been special, he's the only one who has been able to see/hear Jacob, and Locke being able to threatens Ben's uniqueness. That's why Ben setup Locke's dad, he knew he couldn't kill him and that would keep Ben as the leader.

Hmm, I really don't know what to think. I think I hyped this episode so much it was a bit of a let down. However, I still liked it and I TOTALLY saw Locke dieing.

And who is dieing next week? I got my money on Charlie, Sawyer and Juliet.

Who has the flashback next week?

If I remember correctly next week is

Charlie

To tie in w/ Ben being jealous that Locke heard Jacob...

After what we saw last week with Ben and Locke and what Richard told Locke...

Are the natives looking to replace Ben after not being able to fulfill what they thought he would?

Was Ben putting Locke to the test in front of everyone last week to prove that Locke couldn't do what Ben did (ie kill his father)?

Is that the main reason that Ben killed/attempted to kill Locke? So he would still be the leader?

Sign in to follow this