TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

The Numbers on the Odometer- genius

Interesting episode with Sun getting one up on her father. I think that leads me to believe that Jin is definitely dead.

Jack found out about Aaron/Claire which probably lead directly to his flip out at Kate's trial. I love how all the questions the reporters asked hit on all of their lies.

I hope we get to see who tells them to say what and how it all comes about. I have a feeling we will but I really hope so or I'll be disappointed.

I don't think Jin is dead, but I think now that Sun has been through the time on the island she has seen that she has the ability (and now the cash) to stand up to her father. I think her throwing the thing in about Jin really was just to hit him extra hard below the belt.

One thing I was wondering about...

When Sun was talking to her father about how he never liked Jin, she mentioned two people were responsible for his death, one of them being her father. Earlier at the press conference, she mentioned that Jin never made it off the plane. Maybe she also blames herself, but if not, it would imply that she might have not been telling the truth about the entire crash and whatnot. Anyway, I'm sure there probably is more to it, and we'll find out exactly what she meant. Just thought it was interesting.

I also just remembered that we're supposed to find out who is in the coffin from last season by the end of this season. Anyone care to wager guesses at this point? I still have no idea.

So, I guess we know what the thing on Keamy's arm is now - the trigger mechanism for the explosives on the boat.

Interesting episode with Sun getting one up on her father. I think that leads me to believe that Jin is definitely dead.

Yeah, I think so. I was leaning towards Jin being alive after the O6 press conference, but then Sun buying into her father's company puts a 180-spin on that thinking.

I'm not 100% sure that we're supposed to find out who was in the coffin this year. In fact, I was pretty sure we weren't supposed to.

Sayid and Daniel have very steady hands to keep that tiny boat on a precise coordinate in rough ocean waters.

That was such an awesome yet bittersweet episode. Seeing the Six geting their reunions (save Kate and Aaron) was cool but watching it knowing that at some point it all falls apart for each of them is heartbreaking. Just seeing the raft bringing the first group of people to the boat was just.....weird. It was something that I knew would happen in some variation at some point but nothing like the way it's been going down so far this season.

I noticed that Kate claimed at the press conference that Aaron was only 5 weeks old. Aaron was born on November 1st, 2004. They got off the island on January 8th, 2005 (day 108). That'd make him a little over 2 months old.

Sawyer and Jack are definitely switching. Sawyer is becoming more of a hero.

How are Jack, Arron, Kate, Sun, Sayid and Hurley going to end up together again? They are so far apart from each other right now.

MF did some great acting when Jack found out Claire was his sister. You could just see the pain. Great casting on Claire's mom.

My theory on Michael/Desmond/Jin: Michael somehow gets everyone off the boat (including Desmond and Jin), and remains on the boat, because he knows that he can't die. At some point in here, Keamy dies and his device sends a signal to the explosives. Once everyone is a clear distance from the boat, the boat explodes with Michael aboard, as he has redeemed himself and the Island allows him to die. How Desmond and Jin get separated from Sun and Aaron?

I dunno.

I noticed that Kate claimed at the press conference that Aaron was only 5 weeks old. Aaron was born on November 1st, 2004. They got off the island on January 8th, 2005 (day 108). That'd make him a little over 2 months old.

Aaron was also born out of a different vagina than Kate's. Him being 5 weeks old probably just fit their timeline better.

What doesn't hold water is what Jack said during Kate's trial, later. He told them that Kate was the one rescuing people from the water and saving people's lives, including his. A 6 month pregnant woman doing that doesn't sound right.

That depends. Some women can still be remarkably small at that point.

Also, since Aaron was born on the island, wouldn't there be some mandatory doctor checkups or something to make sure he's all right? Would that not give away the fact that Kate is not Aaron's mother?

I see what you're getting at but when you do a test for say, malaria.... the DNA matching of Kate and Aaron wouldn't be part of that test.

In order to know if they are related you'd actually have to compare Kate and Aaron's genomic DNA through a PCR test that they would only do if they were looking for the answer. It's an expensive thing to just throw in to other screenings.

Great episode. Best part was Jack's exhasperated "SON OF A BITCH!" when he found out they had to go rescue Hurley. Just a perfect "it's ALWAYS something on this goddamned island!" frustrated moment that you rarely see from the calm competent leader guy.

The Good: I really like the interaction between Ben & Hurley. Last week had the awesome scene of them sharing a candy bar, and then last night had the "you do know that those are 15 years old?" moment. Loved both scenes.

I also really like how Sawyer's "circle of people that I care about" has expanded from just himself to Kate, Claire/Aaron, and Hugo. They'd gone as far as they could with him being a bad-guy con-man, and they've done a great job of establishing more depth to him.

The return of the numbers == two thumbs up. I've been bitching all season how the stuff that used to be so important each week has been abandoned without explanation or reason. Good to see them back.

The Bad: Jack's "alpha male" shit continues to rub me the wrong way. I recognize that he's allegedly the main character, and that the character feels responsible for getting people off the island. But to be up & walking a day after an appendectomy ... and not just walking, but stomping through the jungle? Even on a show about time travel & all that, it's hard to suspend that kind of disbelief.

I'd read some theories online about Farraday & Charlotte getting together as a couple. Wow. The last thing this show needs is another romance. Remember that fun little show about polar bears & mysterious bad guys? Well, it's been replaced with a fuckign soap opera.

On the previous page, LOTC & YNA talked about Bernard & Rose ... two characters that I liked, and could have played decent sized roles in the series. But other than the him knowing morse code, have they done anything this season? She was cured of cancer by the island, and now they're wallpaper in the background. I guess they're not young & attractive enough to be major players.

The Ugly: There's a part of me that thinks that the writers want/expect us to be surprised at things that are painfully predictable. A few weeks ago when Jack heard his ladyfriend in the shower; was there any doubt that it was Kate? And last night's introduction, as soon as they showed two pilots, it was pretty obvious that it was the O6 and was leading to the scene that they showed in the commercials, with the back-hatch opening up. For a show that used to surprise me every week, the only real surprising thing (that I can think of) that had any real impact on me was when Keamy killed Alex.

^That's really not bothering me that much. I'm not expecting them to be holy shit moments so they're not really coming across that way. Just the story behind the holy shit moments.

I love how they have the O6 completely split right now. They've got 1 episode to come together and you know it's gonna be ridiculous.

By far, my favorite part of this show is the relationship between Locke and Ben. It's like two kids fighting over a toy, only the toy picks them. They keep trying to establish themselves over eachother, and you can tell they're both partially afraid of eachother. It's probably the most exciting dynamic between two characters I've ever seen on a TV show.

The Bad: Jack's "alpha male" shit continues to rub me the wrong way. I recognize that he's allegedly the main character, and that the character feels responsible for getting people off the island. But to be up & walking a day after an appendectomy ... and not just walking, but stomping through the jungle? Even on a show about time travel & all that, it's hard to suspend that kind of disbelief.

In fairness this is a show that had Locke running around the same day he got shot, Mikhail running around days after seemingly being killed, Naomi running around days after getting a tree branch through her lung, Ben up and about not long after surgery that left him in a wheelchair, and a host of other injuries that SHOULD have kept people down but didn't. Jack is the alpha male so it stands out since they make it part of the story that he's going against "doctor's orders" but being able to be up and walking isn't about him being tough. Its about the island. So I have no more problem suspending disbelief on that then I did Locke's multiple injury rehabs or Mikhail and Naomi.

This show has once again become my favorite television show (especially since the Wire is no more). The flash forwards really breathed some new life into a series that had been treading water for most of the third season and part of the second. I liked this episode more than probably any since the first season, hopefully the finale will surpass it. Coupled with the Office finale, this made for probably the best night of television for me in a while.

Ben and Locke are still my favorite characters, and the only reason I'm really watching the show right now.

I think I'm heartless, but I just didn't feel any emotional twing when Jack was told Claire was his Sister. It could just be that we all guessed this back in Season2 or 3.

So did Ben visit The Orchid 15 years ago? And if so, why? Do we know how long ago The Purge took place? Because that would be a damn good reason for moving the island and could even be traced as the root cause of the Widmore/Ben beef.

Time for another of my predictions.

Looking at the preview, it seems like Sawyer winds up on the helicopter with the rest of the Oceanic Six when he is seen ready to kiss Kate. Coupled with the pilot yelling that they're losing fuel, I think Sawyer sacrifices himself and throws himself off the helicopter to relieve the chopper of extra weight and ensure the rest can make it back to the boat with the fuel they have left. It's not like he ever truly wanted to go back to the U.S. anyway.

Sounds like a ridiculous theory when I type it out, but it seemed good in my head.

Besides that, once you remember that this episode is meant to be the first hour of a three-hour finale, it really was quite good.

I loved the ending montage showing all the different situations the survivors in -- the music was perfect.

I was glad they finally revealed to Jack that he and Claire were related. I liked how they did it too, with Claire's mother telling Kate the baby is beautiful without even realizing Aaron was really her grandson.

And some good quotes in here from "Hugo, Jesus Christ is not a weapon" to "Ugh. I'm not gonna let you die alone" to "You do realize those crackers are fifteen years old, right?"

Next week's episode looks like it has the potential to be excellent.

As for predictions on who will likely die next week?

I'd have to say Keamy might be a given. I think Michael's purpose for the island is finished, so he will die when the freighter blows up. I still think Jin dies, and I think that was further hinted at tonight with Sun telling her father that two men were responsible for his death (i.e. we haven't learned the second one yet, so where would she get that person from unless he really did die?). I think Desmond manages to stay alive despite being in the room with the explosives, because too many people have become wrapped up in the Desmond/Penny saga for them to kill him off just now. I say Faraday dies, just because they are doing so much to show how he is willing to save the other survivors, and there pretty much is no more reason he needs to stay alive for the show once they are saved.

And according to my theory, Sawyer, but I am less sure about this than any other guess

Good theory but I don't think Jack and Kate in the future would be saying "Sawyer chose to stay behind" if he's actually dead. I can understand why somebody would interpret it like that but I think he's still alive.

So did Ben visit The Orchid 15 years ago? And if so, why? Do we know how long ago The Purge took place? Because that would be a damn good reason for moving the island and could even be traced as the root cause of the Widmore/Ben beef.

Well, if Locke's dream of Trevor is accurate, the purge happened 12 years ago.

Horace?

Anybody else think we might finally get the long-await Jacob/Locke encounter when he goes down to the Orchid control room? Richard is tied up with Sayid and Kate so I don't think he was the "Who do you think?" when Locke asked Ben who he was signalling to.

I'd have to say Keamy might be a given. I think Michael's purpose for the island is finished, so he will die when the freighter blows up. I still think Jin dies, and I think that was further hinted at tonight with Sun telling her father that two men were responsible for his death (i.e. we haven't learned the second one yet, so where would she get that person from unless he really did die?). I think Desmond manages to stay alive despite being in the room with the explosives, because too many people have become wrapped up in the Desmond/Penny saga for them to kill him off just now. I say Faraday dies, just because they are doing so much to show how he is willing to save the other survivors, and there pretty much is no more reason he needs to stay alive for the show once they are saved.

And according to my theory, Sawyer, but I am less sure about this than any other guess

I assume Sun blames Jack, from all the dodgy looks she was giving him, but like you said, we're not sure. Be interesting to see how that plays out, though, Sun & Jin have fast became my least favorite characters on the show.

Sign in to follow this