TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JJW

Taboo Tuesday Interactive

Guest JJW

In the 2005 quarter earnings conference call Linda Mcmahon announced the Tuesday night ppv will let fans vote on what happens on the show.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Yes, but only if it affects match results.

That is all...

*Watches what's left of Kayfabe burn in front of him.*

The only way this could be any good is if they let you pick things such as match stipulations. I'm almost afraid if they actually let you pick match winners....

Here is the complete recap of the conference call from Buck Woodward of PWInsider:

"WWE held a conference call today to discuss the company's financial figures for the first quarter of the year, which were released this morning. You can see the financial figures by clicking here.

It was pointed out that there were four PPV events in this quarter, as opposed to only two PPV events in this quarter for last year, due to the way the events fell on the calendar.

In a prepared statement, WWE Chief Executive Officer Linda McMahon put over the value of the tape library WWE possesses, mentioning the success of the Chris Benoit DVD set, and stated that WWE expects the Eddie Guerrero and "Rise And Fall Of ECW" DVD to do well for the company. She later put over the success of Ric Flair's DVD release and book. Linda's statement also mentioned WWE 24/7, and that the company expects a big demand for "classic" merchandise and releases.

Linda stated that WWE Films will have a combined budget of $20 million dollars for their first two feature projects.

The "Taboo Tuesday" PPV in October will be an "interactive" event, with fans being able to vote on "events" that will take place during the show, via WWE.com.

Following a review of the figures, there was a brief Question & Answer session with WWE Chief Executive Officer Linda McMahon, WWE Chief Financial Officer Phil Livingston, and WWE Vice President of Investor Relations Michelle Goldstein.

Here are highlights from the Q&A:

- Linda talked about how their acquisition of tape libraries allows them to put out DVD releases on wrestlers like Chris Benoit and include footage from throughout their career, something no other group was ever able to do before. She also talked about the success of "classic" action figures and toys, and how they are looking to create more DVDs that take advantage of the tape library.

- There is nothing specific planned for The Rock, although he will continue to make "occasional appearances" on the shows, but he is not returning to the active roster at this time.

- There are plans to do more overseas TV productions (like the upcoming UK tour which will culminate in Raw and Smackdown tapings) in the future.

- Linda said the release for "The Rise And Fall Of ECW" DVD is now set for November.

- McMahon said that the live events are "dragging a bit" domestically, but that they are still profitable for the company.

- The video-on-demand that WWE has introduced online is just a "soft launch" test for future ideas. There are also plans for an online "fantasy" game for WWE.

- WWE is still in negotiations with Spike TV for when their contract expires.

The conference call only lasted thirty minutes, with the Q&A only lasting ten minutes or so. Shockingly, there were no questions about the recent television ratings, future plans for talent (outside of the Rock), the increased Pay-per-view schedule for next year, or any other product related questions."

WWE Taboo Tuesday Poll Question:

You would like to see Triple H win tonight by...

a) Clean pinfall

b) Submission

c) DQ

d) Count Out

e) Pinfall after interference

Thank you for helping make Taboo Tuesday a success!

In a prepared statement, WWE Chief Executive Officer Linda McMahon put over the value of the tape library WWE possesses, mentioning the success of the Chris Benoit DVD set, and stated that WWE expects the Eddie Guerrero and "Rise And Fall Of ECW" DVD to do well for the company. She later put over the success of Ric Flair's DVD release and book. Linda's statement also mentioned WWE 24/7, and that the company expects a big demand for "classic" merchandise and releases.

When you're praising and touting your tape library and past events more than your current product, that is a problem.

Also, does anyone know when their contract with Spike expires?

Hmm, I think the WWE is just gonna use Taboo Tuesday to be lazy (or lazier depending on how you think) and use the interactive thing as a chance for us, THE PEOPLE, to make their undercard matches while they focus more on the main event matches. Either way, in theory this "interactive" thing sounds good, but odds are it'll fall flat on it's face.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Who should have the World Title?

A)Triple H

B)Nobody but Triple H

C)Jean-Paul Levesque

D)Stephanie McMahon's husband

E)Trips

F)HHH

When you're praising and touting your tape library and past events more than your current product, that is a problem.

If I had to take a guess, it would probably expire in September. IIRC, they switched over to the then-New TNN in Sept. 2000. Sept. 2004 would mark the end of a four-year deal.

A)Triple H

B)Nobody but Triple H

C)Jean-Paul Levesque

E)Trips

F)HHH

Don't forget:

g) None of the above but Hunter Hearst Helmsley

If I had to take a guess, it would probably expire in September. IIRC, they switched over to the then-New TNN in Sept. 2000. Sept. 2004 would mark the end of a four-year deal.

That might explain why they wanted to get this Evolution break up done so soon. I don't think it would sit too well in contract negotiations with ratings just hovering at around the 3.0 mark when they signed the deal they were in the 6's. If the ratings don't improve within the next month and they rushed this too soon without any real plan they might have screwed themselves.

That might explain why they wanted to get this Evolution break up done so soon. I don't think it would sit too well in contract negotiations with ratings just hovering at around the 3.0 mark when they signed the deal they were in the 6's. It won't look good in negotiating a new contract with ratings hovering around the 3 mark. When they signed the deal raw was getting 6's. Maybe that was another reason for the draft lottery and bringing over Benoit.

Guest Dynamite Kido

A)Triple H

B)Nobody but Triple H

C)Jean-Paul Levesque

E)Trips

F)HHH

Don't forget:

g) None of the above but Hunter Hearst Helmsley

C'mon man.....now your just being rediculous.

a) Clean pinfall

b) Submission

c) DQ

d) Count Out

Hello and welcome to 2002!

A)Triple H

B)Nobody but Triple H

C)Jean-Paul Levesque

E)Trips

F)HHH

Fuck, I'm really starting to dislike this fucking guy.

Do you always have to be such a wise ass? And always bitch? Are you even a wrestling fan or just enjoy bitching like a girl?

I like the idea. This is a good way to get feedback.

I'll be sure to buy the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. It should be great.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I believe the deal with Spike was 5 years, soo it expires next year. But i'm sure they would want to get a new deal done soon. I mean Spike probably doesn't want to get into a bidding war with another cable station and the WWE doesn't want to be left in limbo come next fall.

Taboo Tuesday seems like a decent idea. Only problem is that it will be worked, but I guess if the average fan doesn't know that it wont hurt anybody.

Guest Dynamite Kido

A)Triple H

B)Nobody but Triple H

C)Jean-Paul Levesque

E)Trips

F)HHH

Fuck, I'm really starting to dislike this fucking guy.

Do you always have to be such a wise ass? And always bitch? Are you even a wrestling fan or just enjoy bitching like a girl?

I like the idea. This is a good way to get feedback.

I'll be sure to buy the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. It should be great.

First off you don't like me? Awww, my fucking balls hurt....who gives a fuck.

Yes, I am a wise ass, I always bitch, and apparently only women bitch so I guess I'm a woman then.

I've been a wrestling fan probably longer than you've been alive, but you probably wouldn't know that because instead of reading my posts you think I bitch all the time.

Basically you get on my nerves for flame baiting.....take it to HD if you fucking can't stand me and leave shit like this out of the WWE Folder.

I don't like the idea, they won't do it legit, and if they do it'll be stupid shit like

Should Lita?

A)Marry Kane

B)not show at the altar

C)Shit a cow

aka - pointless mindless bullshit that people like because they don't give a damn if a WRESTLING company actually shows good wrestling. They'd rather have a bunch of fucktard storylines written by failed sitcom writers.......

so go blow steam off elsewhere if you don't like me.....nobody here gives a fuck.

Oh, and that Rise and Fall of ECW DVD.....see how much is true and how much is Vince trying to rewrite wrestling history.......AGAIN.

Guest Tjhe CyNick
But...how is it really interactive if its rigged like every other poll, contest, etc?

Well, it likely wont be, but that doesn't mean they cant advertise that the fans have the final say to draw more viewers.

Guest Coffey

If WWE are really serious about this...they should just use WCW's old "battle bowl" system...but make it actually random.

The fans could vote on whose name got put into the lottery...or something like that.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Guys, HHH jokes stopped being funny two years ago.

Really.

a) Clean pinfall

b) Submission

c) DQ

d) Count Out

You know none of these polls actually work because some people would pick the worst option trying to be funny.

How are the fans going to vote for this? Will it be 1-800-COLLECT-WWE or 1-900-976-1234? Press 1 for Ric Flair drunken master interference.