TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

Guest Evolution

Since I'll be busy all day Saturday, I decided to suspend my trek in finding a rentable PS2 and a copy of GTA:SA until Sunday, so I can lock myself in my room and immerse myself in what seems to be, by 99% of the accounts I've read, a fantastic game.

Besides, my video rental stores are really shitty about getting these games in.

Well I suceeded in making Carl the fattest thug in all of Los Santos, and it was fun to hear him make comments about it to the people I beat up, but now it's time to have him lose some weight...

And I might actually do a mission sometime, too.

I'm glad I didn't read too many details about this game. I just got to the point where you have to torch a house, and then...

...you meet Denise. I had no idea that you dated people in this game, this is very odd, yet cool.

There are just so many different elements to this game, wow.

Guest theanswer1824

hey, if you jack a car named 'broadway' you go into pimp mode. good way to make money for those all about getting money.

I renamed the thread, and just threw a little spoiler warning in there (please continue to use the spoiler tags for major game details).

The game is very different from the other two games, I think. I'm still only in Los Santos and there is a load to do there all by itself. I really want to get to Las Venturas, so I can live the life of a high roller.

I too am addicted to this fucking game...not good for school...not good..

I'm about 35% through right now. I think its just a matter of time before I unlock the third island and then also start flying everywhere. Charlie Murphy (Jizzy B) and David Cross (Zero) are both fucking awesome in this game...along with everyone else.

I have a good story for you guys....I somehow found a helicopter in the San Fierro Airport....I went over the river in Los Santos...was over the clouds...then I jumped out with no parachute....I fell for a good half a minute, and when I landed, I landed on the helicopter...in the river....and survived. It was fucking awesome.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Seriously......I have a problem with this game. I've been busy all week and I haven't had a chance to really get into playing yet. I'm SOOOOOO addicted to this one though..........looks like this weekend will consist of chronic and lots of GTA.

***SPOILERS***

GTAIII GUYS IN!!! :o. (edit- well at least he looks/is dressed like him. I may not be 'him') And for those who may have passed it, and didn't even realize it, he's the guy in the 'Catalina mission' (who is one crazy bitch).

This game...is awesome. There's even MORE then the three islands everyone knew there would be, I mean, just the routes between the islands, and the little towns in between have their on stories and everything, so it feels like there's around...like 7+ different towns. That is, amazing.

Guest ShootingStylesPress

*SPOILER*

Aren't GTA 3 Guy and Tommy Vercetti the same person?

They look the exact same.

They really should have had Snoop Dogg/Dr. Dre and Tupac radio channels instead of having a few songs total for them.  Also where is Pearl Jam and Nirvana?

Liscencing problems: IE Eddie Vedder refusing to let people use his music in compilations/video games and the fact that Nirvana's music rights are shared by a trio of people who can't agree on anything...

I don't think i'll ever be able to memorise the whole map. I did kinda for Vice City, like, I knew where to go, but this is just insane. It's too large, I get lost all the time.

Boo-urns to the thread title change. One was asked for in the SvR thread and was denied, so combined with that and "First IMage of MKD" being the OAO MK thread now, I thought "New Trailer Online" would be GTA's thing. Oh well.

I'm stuck right now and have just been messing around. I swam over to the second town and they give you a 4 star wanted level that you can't get rid of. It's pretty crazy.

Anyway, the part I'm stuck at is I've done every mission up to the House Party for all the friends there, did all the ones for the cops that have come up so far, but can't do this low rider race thing. It's impossible to get past and I can't do any missions until I beat it.

Yea, took me a few tries too, but eventually...you'll get it. But if you need a little boost or something, get some nitrous for your lowrider. And like after a few turns or so, you get that long straight away and that's a perfect time to use it.

Wow, just after posting that I try it again and it turns out it's real easy. The trick I used was just driving slow and making sure I stay on the course and everyone else kind of took themselves out. I never thought I'd be losing races because I drove too fast.

"I never thought I'd be losing races because I drove too fast. "

I haven't done the mission in question yet, but I had a similar problem with the very first bike mission, and then in another mission where, while WALKING to find a new car to drive, it kept saying I left Ryder behind.

Has anyone else done like, 15 car pile-ups on the highway? The cars go so fast that it takes only about 30 seconds until you have a nice big turnout. Eventually, one care flips over and starts a chain-reaction, blowing up every car. Make sure you're watching from just far away. And when all the cars are blown up, more come and it starts over. 'Tis a thing of beauty.

Something I wish they would incorporate into the next GTA, is being able to have you and your crew switch cars during a mission, instead of just having to keep one bucket car without too much damage.

Guest fanofcoils

The Freddy mission was easy, just drive very slow and make sure you don't crash into anything. Freddy likes to drive slow if you drive slow. After a long chase Freddy will get off his bike and it will be an easy kill.

Guest cpac

Does anybody have any tips for the lowrider ddr minigame. I won the first one but god the second one is hard. I have to pratice the R3 button. Any tips please help and thanks.

Well it is said early on, I think it was in the context of 'dealin' yay' or something, so you're probably right.

I just discovered the police lack aquatic skills. I torched some hookers after they insulted my appearance, thus setting off a nearby cop. I legged it to a bridge and leapt into the water. Several cops followed suit, only to instantly die as they hit the water. It was great.

UYI

Guest Dynamite Kido

I just did the first lowrider competition mission last night........cool as hell.

This game is killing me. I am stuggling so bad to do the missions because I constantly get sidetracked doing other stuff(aka going on rampages or playing the mini games)...........this game seriously had way more stuff than ANYTHING I've ever played. EVER. Plus, if your a character on the game there's a good chance that you'll get killed by me...........especially if "If I could just kill a man" or "Welcome to the Jungle" comes on my radio..................

I just tried the mission "Just business" for the first time, and was killed, but wow what fun that was. This is the kind of mission that I wish I could just go back and do again just for the heck of it.