TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Storm Card - September 3rd!

The Smartmark's Wrestling Federation Presents...

SWF STORM! LIVE, FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd, FROM THE *SOLD OUT* JOE LOUIS ARENA IN DETROIT, MICHIGAN!

(5pm PCT, 8pm EST; check local listings)

MAIN EVENT

Toxxic vs "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens

The Suicide King has pushed and pulled and plotted and schemed; coyly toyed and harshly threatened, and at long last, has succeeded in forcing Alex Zenon's hand into signing this match. Everyone knows the sad story of King and Mark: former friends turned bitter enemies, who faced numerous times but we never able to come to any closure on their dispute. Now, King has seized the perfect oppertunity in one of his most despicable actions to date, forcing Mark back into action and trying to throw every last thing the SWF has to offer at him. And now, he faces the sittifest competition yet, the former world champion, the Straight-Edge Sensation... Toxxic.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit:5000

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

ICTV TITLE BOUT

NO-DQ MATCH

The Masked Man vs Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix©

In an amusing twist, these two men have entered the good graces of the fans at almost exactly the same time, so it seems a fitting enough moment for a nice, friendly contest between the two. The fighting champion and the tough contender in a little exhibition. Just something nice and friendly.

Rules: No disqualifications. Oh yeah.

Word Limit: 6000

Send To: realitycheck

FINISHER MATCH

"The Notorious" John Duran vs Nathan Xavier

John Duran has not been keeping up with his desire to get back into the main event; his hunger to beat someone profound enough to push him back into the upper eschelon of the SWF. A win over Mark Stevens not withstanding, Duran has floundered since his return. Although Nathan Xavier isn't the best option for a person to get themselves back on track, a win is still a win, and Duran's decided to make this a little more interesting with a special little stipulation...

Rules: The Flatliner vs. The Blunt Force Trauma. First man to hit their finisher wins; the match ends no other way. There aren't any other rules to speak of.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Suicide King

CRUSIERWEIGHT RULES MATCH

Ryan Dustin vs The Birdman

Rematch... hoooooooooo! Ryan Dustin has yet to cash in his shot at Tom Flesher's Cruserweight Title, so this match cannot be another #1 contendership bout. Birdman doesn't seem so concerned, though, as he's been clamouring for a second tilt with Davis for a little while now, and he gets his wish for Storm.

Rules: Cruserweight rules, baybee. No explanation for that idea required.

Word Limit: 4750

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

TRIPLE THREAT

USJL TITLE BOUT

Ace Lezaire vs Bryan Levy vs David Cross©

Mike says the booking for this match is baffling. Man... fuck him. It's certainly not the best match I've ever made (that's something I'd need to think about for a while), but it's not particularly illogical or anything. Yes, Muzz and Kibagami can compete at main event level, but Muzz has openly stated that he doesn't enjoy and doesn't particularly want to be at the highest point on the card and the entire point of new characters like Levy are so their writers don't have to go right back into the ME. I think the most questionable thing about the match is whether or not Levy, as a character, is even at USJL level right now, but I think you can play that off as being thrust into the match due to the way King is high on him getting up to face Toxxic. Ace fits in anywhere between the USJL and the ICTV. And Cross... well, David's the champion. What does he care, so long as he retains his belt?

Rules: Standard rules. First pin wins.

Word Limit: 4750

Send To: Thoth

SINGLES MATCH

Andrea Montgomery vs Austin Sly

After a few shows off, Andrea Montgomery is back in action against Austin Sly on Storm, who unfortunately missed out on his St. Louis homecoming last show. Never the less, one would think victory is a little sweeter than the glow of the fans, so he looks to take out Drea here.

Rules: Stanard singles match

Word Limit: 4500

SINGLES MATCH

Mike Van Siclen vs Sean Davis

The Urban Empire's leader takes on the muscle end of Rev0 in the second stable match of the night, and you just know that Mike Van Siclen wishes this could be leader vs leader. Much to Mike's chagrin, Toxxic's priority list doesn't have him at the top, but a victory here will definitely help his case.

Rules: Neither Rev0 or the Urban Empire are allowed at ringside. If any member of either stable shows up, their rep in this match will be disqualified.

Send To: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH

Spike Jenkins vs Todd Cortez

The newest chapter is open on the long and storied line of stable feuds in the SWF, and with any luck, Revolution Zero vs the Urban Empire should be just as grand as such epic feuds as the Midnight Carnival vs the Magnificent 7, the Clan vs everyone else, and the Alley vs XF9. In the first of two stable themed matches tonight, Spike Jenkins takes on Todd Cortez.

Rules: Neither Rev0 or the Urban Empire are allowed at ringside. If any member of either stable shows up, their rep in this match will be disqualified.

Send To: Thoth

(Send all things to Thoth)

(Card is lacking descriptions, which I will add in the morning. I'm beat. If your match doesn't appear to make sense, then clearly you don't have my incredible booking third eye and will need to wait until I can explain my genius to you phillistines. Pwah.)

Edited by realitycheck

Guest Ghetto Bird

Am I to infer that you took me up on my quasi-facetious offer to forfeit my Hardcore Title match in exchange for a rematch against Dustin?

Cool. B-)

Not to self:

Never ask for non title matches in SWF booking threads again.

Ah well, about time I jobber the belt anywa...

*sees he's facing Supes*

...screw that. Prepare for the greatest rush-job in history.

Guest Tonights Highlite

Nice card. Cruiserweight rules just means a 20 count, right?

(Card is lacking descriptions, which I will add in the morning. I'm beat. If your match doesn't appear to make sense, then clearly you don't have my incredible booking third eye and will need to wait until I can explain my genius to you phillistines. Pwah.)

Don't you mean philistines?

Ryan Dustin vs The Birdman

Rematch... hoooooooooo! Ryan Dustin has yet to cash in his shot at Tom Flesher's Cruserweight Title, so this match cannot be another #1 contendership bout. Birdman doesn't seem so concerned, though, as he's been clamouring for a second tilt with Davis for a little while now, and he gets his wish for Storm.

Hey, Z, you always sucked this bad or what?

EDIT: *notices who's marking his match*

Uhm...crap.

OK, how can Mike be the leader of the Urban Empire? He's the least sympathetic character and it was Todd who held the belts all that time while he was on vacation, not to mention effectively unified Mike and Mask (unless that was us. Shit).

Regardless, seeing as I now have at least four storylines on the go that directly involve me, I'll get around to Mike... when I get around to him. Yeah.

*checks schedule*

So... that'll be sometime after Genesis then...

Woo, double marking-duty after not being put on as a marker on the last card. I've already got Toxxic's match, and so Grand Slam, if you could get your match in like halfway through tomorrow, that would be awesome... or if anyone who I'm marking for is noshowing, please let me know early. I'm going to see the Violent Femmes tomorrow night, and I'd like to get my job done before I leave. I guess Birdman/Dustin could in theory be edited in a couple of hours after the show is posted (or just like one hour... I don't know when the show would go up) if you guys can't get your matches in until the absolute deadline, but for the Main Event I'd like to get everything done by the time I leave tomorrow so that there's a Main Event to *post*. Anyway, I'd like to know if Mark is no-showing/agreeing-to-no-show/going to be able to get a match in by the time I leave tomorrow... so Mark, PM me and give me the lowdown.

Uhm, yes, this post has been sort of poorly written and semi-pointless... but... it's late, and... well, I'll let you guys know how the Violent Femmes turn out. WOO!

ICTV TITLE BOUT

NO-DQ MATCH

The Masked Man vs Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix©

In an amusing twist, these two men have entered the good graces of the fans at almost exactly the same time, so it seems a fitting enough moment for a nice, friendly contest between the two. The fighting champion and the tough contender in a little exhibition. Just something nice and friendly.

Rules: No disqualifications. Oh yeah.

Word Limit: 6000

I felt sort of guilty for not really commenting on the card at all, and felt it worth noting that I am looking forward to reading that match. Impress me or die.

Guest Ghetto Bird

Uhm... exactly when do you plan to leave? I'll try to have my match in before then, as long as it's not, like, waaay before the deadline.

If you're planning to leave before, for example, 6pm EST (two hours before deadline), you're probably going to have to wait until after you get back for my match.

I'll be leaving probably just a little bit after the deadline, actually. I just can't handle any extensions of any sort, and I would greatly appreciate it if you tried to get your match in about an hour prior to the deadline or something, just because it takes me a while to mark matches (when they're even vaguely close I've been known to have mini-meltdowns... I'm very reluctant to pick a final winner.)

Anyway, the real issue here is the Main Event, which is basically needed for the show to go up... so Birdman, if you can't get your match in like an hour before the deadline or so, then it'll be fine, I'll just edit your match in. Though to be honest, I've edited in something like the last two or three matches I've marked, and don't specifically want to turn that into a regular thing, so... well, try to get the match in... if not, then what the hell. Better that you make sure your match is the best that it can be and me have to edit the winner in than you rushing just because I've got a concert to attend, eh?

No need to PM... here is the scoop. I am writing a match, and I should have it, and the accompanying promo to you by 5:30 PM Eastern at the latest, as I have things to do tonight. One way or the other, you'll know what is going down TNT.

And I officially call the opening promo, and all to myself this time, Landon. ;)

Don't worry, I'm not showing let alone promoing. I feel ROUGH as hell and it's enough for me just browsing the site before my head starts spinning. I did have a half-assed comedy match planned involving a banana, a golf club and Irwin R.Schyster...but I don't even have the energy to do that, so congrats to Mask I guess.

Guest Tonights Highlite

I am doing the no-showing thing. It took me the longest time to get a match outline going, but I managed my time poorly and since both TNT and myself have other things to do, I'm surrendering. I really HAVE to figure out how to write for the Mon-Fri Storm show.

I've actually turned a match in for the first time in about a month!

That being said, it's hella-short and more than likely pretty crap-tastic, as I was under the impression that I had plans for tonight. They have of course fallen through now, but I'm finding way to preoccupy myself.

Birdman, to save time just send your match to the poster of the show since your opponent is noshowing.

As for the Main Event... the show's not for another 2 hours or so, but I need to run out for about an hour. I'll be back and hopefully, HOPEFULLY can mark the Main Event in time. If ANYONE is not marking and has time to... volunteers would be appreciated, but I'll try to get back. Er, yes. We shall see.

TNT IS A FLAKE, AND THE SHOW IS TONIGHT, THE 3RD, AS ADVERTISED.

Edited by Suicide King

Guest Suicide King

Well, if he was he shouldn't have phrased it in such a way that had three separate people asking me if the show was tonight.