TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

More politics and power struggles

Found this on the LordsofPain:

"In a rather surprising story, Shane McMahon was not present at Unforgiven, according to the PWTorch.com Newsletter. McMahon has traditionally attended every WWE PPV and the following night's RAW, so his absence was a topic of discussion.

It was originally believed that by the time he hit the age of forty, he would be in charge of WWE. However, with Stephanie's increase in activity behind the scenes, and her recent marriage to HHH, it seems the two have overtaken Shane in terms of backstage pull and are more likely to inherit Vince's position when he decides to leave WWE."

Well, it's the Torch, so I'm guessing this could be bullshit, but do you think there's some jealousy from Shane with the way Steph and Trips are really stepping up power wise? You never hear about Shane's backstage influence.

I'm still sure Shane will takeover as shown in the WM XX intro, although in a way I kinda want HHH to be in control since he actually has a mind for the business.

I'm still sure Shane will takeover as shown in the WM XX intro, although in a way I kinda want HHH to be in control since he actually has a mind for the business.

Sadly, yes.

While HHH is a politicking egomaniac, he at least has a clue how things *should* be done. I believe that Steph or Shane, if left to their own devices without Vince's experience and knowledge, would kill the promotion in 5-7 years. HHH would *have* to take control to keep the WWE running smoothly. That's not to say HHH is up to the task either, but I have more faith in him to run WWE than Shane or Steph.

If Shane would actually step up and say he wants the responsibility of running the company I am sure Vince would let him inherit the federation. However, he is already rich, perhaps he does not love the business, what is his incentive? Maybe he just wants to live a happy perfect life, with his hot wife and new baby. I cannot really say which I would pick.

I tend to believe HHH would be the best in the trinity creatively for the company, but then again how can we really know? He could be another Kevin Nash for all we know in the realm of only knowing how to make HIMSELF look good. What are his real assets? He is the same guy who went on national television in Canada and basically gave no credibility to the undisputed champion before their match at WrestleMania. Creatively, you would think he would find some way to make Jericho seem like a legit champion worthy of his position. As for the business side of things I think Shane is the better choice. I mean isn't he the man behind all the wwe website stuff? If what goes on there are his ideas I can see merchandise and stuff being much more in tune with what fans want then Vince and his ideas like a Eugene t-shirt/dvd.

He could be another Kevin Nash for all we know in the realm of only knowing how to make HIMSELF look good. What are his real assets? He is the same guy who went on national television in Canada and basically gave no credibility to the undisputed champion before their match at WrestleMania. Creatively, you would think he would find some way to make Jericho seem like a legit champion worthy of his position.

See, this is the reason I don't understand why people think Triple H would be the best man for the job. I mean, he probably would be another Nash. Making himself and his buddies look good while booking everyone else in angles and storylines that make no sense.

Triple H will be best for the job when he's off camera. He obviously knows how to push someone to the max. He'll be off camera and hopefully putting all that time and energy into others characters.

Shane McMahon is the Prince Charles of the WWE Royal Family.

Except his other half isn't one of the ugliest bitches on the face of the planet.

And Triple H will never be off camera. His ego will make him return time and time again, and that same ego will make sure he's pushed above any of the current top names of the time.

Everytime this comes up it gets out of control. I'm betting Shane will replace Vince when the time comes. Or he can give it 50/50 to Shane and Steph, that way Shane can have 50 percent, and triple h/ stephanie will have 25 percent. I don't know it's still 5 years down the road.

True, Vince will not retire and he has stated so. Can anyone else imagine the Triple H kiss-ass promos that would be done by other wrestlers? I mean, they already got Ric friggin Flair calling him the greatest world champion of all-time recently. I'm sure his big target is Flair's record which if mathematically done should be broken by 2008/9 or so from stuff I've read if the pace of his current title victories are a standard tool to guage. You can bet guys like Austin and Hogan will be hardly mentioned or referred to, while HBK will probably get acknowledged as "the best there is, was, and ever will be" just for kicks. He will glorify how he was the only man to successfully kick Rock's ass all over the world and that is why he had to go to hollywood. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but wrestling history is on my side with how past people in these type of situations take over. Wrestling revisionist history.

If Shane isn't his real son, then they searched the planet to find someone who looked just like Vince to adopt. There is a strong family resemblance.

I only saw piece of that OTR episode admittedly, but I don't recall anyone repeating Shane as being adopted. The guy looks like a young Vince Mcmahon in features. How is he adopted?

Vince has said on many occasions that it will take 4 people to do his job. I Imagine that they would simple take the strengths of all three of them (Steph, Shane, and Hunter) and pick up the pieces from there.

Vince just needs to live forever. That would solve the problem right there.

Well then Curry....Do you honestly think just because Vince doubles over dead that HHH is gonna go right back to the old school NWA days of professional wrestling. I highly doubt it. Whether any one of us like it or not Vince has become Pro Wrestling...Sports Entertainment....whatever the hell it is you choose to call it. It may not be the exact product we all love, but it's what we got. If Vince would be gone tommorow the product wouldn't have one damn change for the better. In fact, I'd go as so far to say it would probably get alot worse. The entire company as a whole would be unstable, which would in turn, effect the product. Hell i'm no means calling Vince a "savior". Shit I haven't agreed with too much he's done in the past three years, but a better product without Vince....doubtfull.

Vince is going to run the company until it either goes out of business or he dies. He will not retire. Bank on that.

In regards to running the show, who knows. If HHH can keep his mug off the camera and in the back, he'd be the best person. He at least brings someone not brainwashed since birth by Vince mentality to the table.

The argument that HHH will only put himself over more is irrelevant since anytime any of the McMahon kids have been on tv, it was to put themselves over. In that respect, HHH is the same, but he has a better sense of what makes wrestling work than Vince's kids do. He just needs a serious injury or something to get him out of the ring and into the gorilla position directing traffic for the talent. Then you would see HHH shine, if that's possible at this point.

Ive been reading some stuff from the other thread Sass linked. While I'm not gonna copy the whole post here, it;s got some good stats in regards to who has majority share and what not. Heres the summary.

Vincent K. McMahon - 54,213,537 shares of Class B stock (2)

Linda E. McMahon - 566,770 shares of Class B stock (8)

(2) Includes 7,066,644 shares of Class B common stock owned by The Vincent K. McMahon Irrevocable Trust, for which Mr. McMahon acts as trustee with right to vote and dispose of the shares. Excludes 566,670 shares of Class B common stock and 100 Shares of Class A common stock owned by Linda McMahon, set forth in the table opposite her name.

(8) Excludes 47,146,893 shares of Class B common stock owned by Vincent McMahon and 7,066,644 shares of Class B common stock owned by The Vincent K. McMahon Irrevocable Trust, set forth in the table opposite Mr. McMahon’s name. Includes 100 shares of Class A common stock owned by Mrs. McMahon.

If his theory is correct Shane will run corporate...while Steph runs creative.

That thought alone is scary. Then again she runs it now.

Well, at least he's the husband of the head of creative if anything(has this actually helped?). I agree, he would bring a different perspective if he really had the passion to one up Vince Mcmahon's promotional tactics.

Hunters passion for the biz would help with things. As long as he is retired for his in ring duties by the time this all happens.

If not I'm afriad he will get "Dusty Rhodes syndrome" worse then he already does.

For all the things people have hated Vince Mcmahon for in the past his replacement will have a hard time surpassing what he accomplished. Let's see what would have to be accomplished to one up Vince Mcmahon.

Actually have WrestleMania remain the household powerhouse brand name associated on the levels of a superbowl or world series. Vince has somewhat tried to increase its value with the annual raw vs. smackdown idea. Just run through your minds all the great moments/matches of Mania.

The next big obstacle besides keeping the legend of Mania strong would be creating superstars in the form of Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and The Rock.

Actually winning a war with other wrestling companies throughout the last 20 years to EARN his place as the leader of the last surviving mainstream wrestling/sports entertainment company in North America.

Getting the product on a major network such as NBC. Breaking his tv rating records. Trying to smash the attendance records of events like WM 3, The Big Event in Toronto, SummerSlam 1992, and WM 17.

Creating concepts like the Royal Rumble and Survivor Series as staples of the business. The creation of gimmick matches like Hell in a Cell and the Elimination Chamber. Yes, I know nwa/wcw had the similar concepts, but you know the company will play it off like Vince took the ideas to a higher level.

Someone will have some really big shoes to fill here and unless they are passionate to top this I can't see how the product will be that much improved if at all.