TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Taboo Tuesday thread

Guest CronoT

So, overall, based on the link I was given, it was a fairly awful PPV, with Jericho/Benjamin, Chris "One Man Army" Benoit, and Flair/Orton saving the show. I didn't even pay for the show, and I still feel cheated.

Out of all the matches I voted for, the only one that mattered where I got the majority vote was Jericho vs. Benjamin. In a sense, I guess this does prove that marks are morons, and they should leave Fantasy Booking to the smarks. HHH vs. HBK match #257? Give me a fucking break.

or are they saving Flair's millionth face turn swerve for tommorrow night?

Tomorrow is Wednesday....

The PPV's are usually on Sunday... it's a habit. ;)

Guest CronoT
or are they saving Flair's millionth face turn swerve for tommorrow night?

Tomorrow is Wednesday....

The PPV's are usually on Sunday... it's a habit. ;)

Open mouth; insert foot. :lol:

So, overall, based on the link I was given, it was a fairly awful PPV, with Jericho/Benjamin, Chris "One Man Army" Benoit, and Flair/Orton saving the show. I didn't even pay for the show, and I still feel cheated.

I enjoyed it even though it wasn't amazing. Those matches + HBK HHH were good. The Edge story was something. The thing I really liked was the show felt different. The last year every show seemed the same thing and I can remember anything from anything else other than Benoit winning at Mania... so thats good.

Guest JRE

So this was Pattersons last show...right?

And it ended with a bloody Orton/Flair hug. Hmph.

Can anyone explain this story to me?

Christy vs. Carmella is next. That should save the show. Lingerie pillow fight which must in in a pinfall. The big thing was they were changing behind a cubicle. If you ever saw the NWO PPV years ago, consider yourself thankful. And if you missed this, well, it's the same story.

credit: Meltz

Crapoo Tuesday gives GAB a run for its money in terms of awfulness although Benoit and Shelton winning were redeeming factors. Edge teasing a join-up with Evolution was also terrific.

When was the last time Flair main evented a PPV?

Uncensored 2000 against Hogan

Edit: Is anybody else disappointed Flair didn't get Orton with an eye poke before the hand shake just for added measure? :P

So this was Pattersons last show...right?

And it ended with a bloody Orton/Flair hug. Hmph.

I just got back from the show. They did a big tribute to Patterson after they went off the air. Vince came out, said some nice things and brought Patterson out. Then he made Pat sing Sinatra's "My Way". Then Shane and Stephanie came out and Pat sung some more as he slowly made his way up the ramp. They were taping it all, so it'll end up as a DVD extra possibly.

From, PWINSIDER

Taboo Tuesday went off the air with Ric Flair and Randy Orton staring each other down. After the PPV broadcast ended, Flair and Orton shook hands and embraced. The Steel Cage raised and Flair went to the back. Orton did his trademark pose before leaving.

As Orton made his way up the aisle, Vince McMahon came out applauding him, and headed to the ring. Orton left. McMahon thanked everyone for coming out and said that the company is what it is because of the fans. He then said that he had one more person that he wanted to thank and that was Pat Patterson.

McMahon said that for the last time, he wanted to introduce Patterson, who came out. McMahon explained that tonight was Pat's last night with the company and said that he gave up his life for wrestling and thanked Patterson for that. Vince said that Patterson had put up with a lot of Vince's "bulls**t" and a lot of other people's "bulls**t."

Patterson thanked everyone, but Vince wouldn't let him leave, saying that Patterson had to sing for the crowd. Vince made Patterson sing "My Way" (which he's well known for singing at karaoke bars when on the road for the company).

As Patterson went to leave, Shane and Stephanie McMahon came out to the ring and held the ropes open for him. They played Frank Sinatra's "My Way" over the audio system as they went to the back, with Patterson singing the song the entire way back to the locker room.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

That's nice that Patterson got treated with respect on his way out.

Those who say Vince doesn't have Class are stupid.

Guest bottyboy
That's nice that Patterson got treated with respect on his way out.

I agree on both statements...I'm a big Vince mark.

Well, I liked what they did with Edge tonight. It actually made me care about him since he's been back. Snitsky won, and looks to be Sid 2004 like many others are saying, so that's always good.

Guest bigrockstar

WWE TABOO TUESDAY PPV

CHRIS JERICHO vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN - Intercontinental Title match

* This sucked! Pretty horrible match for Jericho.Average match that actually blew. Not hot!

2 BATTLE ROYAL: Jazz, Stacy, Molly Holly, Victoria, Trish Stratus, Nidia, Gail

1/8* GreaT talented WOMEN but the perveted concept sucked!!!!

3 GENE SNITSKY vs. KANE

* Bloodbath , Chains, Nasty. Still......The match sucked!

Zombie crowd!

4 ERIC BISCHOFF vs. EUGENE

Beurk! A joke!!!!! Not PPV quality!!! remonded me of Mean Gene against Madden!!!

5 LA RESISTANCE vs. EDGE & CHRIS BENOIT -- World Tag Team Title match

** Just good!

6 -- CHRISTY vs. CARMELLA

What!

7 -- TRIPLE H vs. SHAWN MICHAELS -- World Hvt. Title match

**-- Decent match !

8 -- RANDY ORTON vs. RIC FLAIR

Bloody. above-average , overall, not PPV main event worthy.

Average PPV :gas:

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Bigrockstar has to be the worst poster i've seen...Greatone has a new challenger.

Guest GreatOne
Bigrockstar has to be the worst poster i've seen...Greatone has a new challenger.

And what exactly have you brought in the week you've been with us?

Then call me stupid.

I guess I'm stupid for thinking a man who does necrophilia, incest, and abortion angles does not have class. What is wrong with me?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Anyone want to take a stab at the buyrate on this?

I'd say 170,000 at best.

There is noooo way this PPV did anything near a good buyrate.

With BoSox/Yankees playing, I can't see very many people buying this one. But I am just stating the obvious.

What was up with the computery effect they put on the show? I got halfway through Y2J/Benjamin and couldn't watch anymore without wanting to vomit so ended up recording it...and I still can't sit through more than 10/20 minutes at a time.

I know the voting was done on the internet and I don't need reminding in three years by a an odd screen effect, especially with JR and King on commentary.

It was a decent show. Nothing to run home about, but a fun little show. Flair/Orton cage match impressed, because I thought it would be a DUD. I'll give it about ***3/4 stars. The tribute was nice, I got to meet a few guys. Batista, Regal, and Kane. All are pretty nice guys and I got to go backstage and met some of the guys. Got myself a replica of the big gold belt, and my girlfriend a HBK t-shirt. Still, not the best show that has happened to Milwuake, it goes to KOTR '96. I'll give it a 7/10.

What was up with the computery effect they put on the show? I got halfway through Y2J/Benjamin and couldn't watch anymore without wanting to vomit so ended up recording it...and I still can't sit through more than 10/20 minutes at a time.

I know the voting was done on the internet and I don't need reminding in three years by a an odd screen effect, especially with JR and King on commentary.

Yes, I thought the same thing. I thought it was because they were broadcasting an NTSC PPV to a PAL TV this time around (i'm in the UK).

It's fucked up they did that on purpose. It gave me a headache.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Christy vs. Carmella is next. That should save the show. Lingerie pillow fight which must in in a pinfall. The big thing was they were changing behind a cubicle. If you ever saw the NWO PPV years ago, consider yourself thankful. And if you missed this, well, it's the same story.

Ditto

Meltzer's probably talking about how long it took Christy to get dressed. From my my guess, he's mentioning the inaugural Souled Out pay-per-view where it was full of shoddy production work and bad time mismanagement.