TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Biggest announcer overreaction ever

Tony Schiavone constantly called things "THE BIGGEST IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!" Jim Ross is great at overhyping things as we know, with great stuff like "DAMN YOU TRIPLE H! DAMN YOUR BLACK HEART TO HELL!"

What's your favorite announcer overreaction or overhyping of something that you've ever heard? What did they just freak out trying to sell that you just weren't buying?

Pretty much anything Michael Cole has tried to hype I've found he's overreacting to. It's not that he's necessarily overhyping something, as much as his reaction is so forced, and terribly so, that he comes across as badly overhyping, even when what he's pushing actually is big news.

Tony Schiavone constantly called things "THE BIGGEST IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!"

I think Michael Cole is just as bad as Schiavone when he referes to everything as being the biggest, most etc... "IN WWE HISTORY!"

Jim Ross is great at overhyping things as we know, with great stuff like "DAMN YOU TRIPLE H! DAMN YOUR BLACK HEART TO HELL!"

I personally hated it more when Ross would start screaming his lungs out whenever Steve Austin would come out. Stuff like "AND BY GOD IT'S THE RATTLESNAKE!"

Guest PlatinumBoy

Michael Cole at WM 19--"NO ONE HAS EVER KICKED OUT OF THE ANGLE SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The best was my roomate who started watching around Summerslam of 02' actually believed him...

How about when Cole, on this past Smackdown, said that when Booker T pinned JBL it was JBL's first pinfall loss since WM XX, when JBL was pinned by Rikishi on the first or second SD after WM XX. It's one thing for WWE to rewrite history that happened decades ago, but when they rewrite stuff from within the past year, that's just getting stupid.

Guest Fook

JR's shilling of HBK's entrance at MSG a few weeks back. He's going crazy about how the crowd is giving Michaels the ovation of a lifetime while the crowd looks on with apathy.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Don West standing on top of the announce table going "GO RED GO!" "GO RED GO" trying to get the fans to buy into Red as the Firey babyface. But it worked, at the time.

Michael Cole at WM 19--"NO ONE HAS EVER KICKED OUT OF THE ANGLE SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The best was my roomate who started watching around Summerslam of 02' actually believed him...

Wow. That's all you can say for this one.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Joey Styles every 5 minutes during ECW shows.

One of the guys that does the New Japan shows is hilarious. He basically sends 3/4 of the match sitting there agreeing with the other guy and then just screams towards the end of the match. It seriously sounds like he's about to have a heart attack when he really gets going.

Guest JMA

Every single time Triple H has set-up Austin or caused him to lose, JR has overreacted. "DAMN YOUR SOUL TO HELL, TRIPLE H!" and "YOU ROTTEN SONUVOFABITCH!" Which reminds me, I never did like the kayfabe friendship of Austin and JR, it totally went against Austin's character to have friends, let alone an announcer.

Michael Cole's "NO! NOT THIS WAY!" and "HE STOLE ONE!" (even when a wrestler didn't cheat) are annoying as well.

Guest Rrrsh

I will always have that stupid STONE COLD STONE COLD shit by Ross burned to my head. Thats when Ross started to spund likr shit, when he became a Austin Fan Boy.

The JR oversell that has always made me laugh, is after Triple H did something "diabolic" he was posing with the belt on top of the commentators table, while JR is just pointing at him and going on with his usual rant.

Plus you can add a bunch of JR oversells with Michaels, Ston Cold, or The Dudleys.

Michael Cole talking about how the steel steps weigh over 200 pounds.

:lol:

I hate it when he does that but it still seems funny to read that.

I got another one...

Back at Survivor Series 2002 when Shawn Michaels won the World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber match and J.R. started screaming:

"SHAWN MICHEALS IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!"

Jesus, calm down Jimmy.

Michael Cole at WM 19--"NO ONE HAS EVER KICKED OUT OF THE ANGLE SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  The best was my roomate who started watching around Summerslam of 02' actually believed him...

He said that about Cena's FU at WM20. Despite the fact that EVERYONE had kicked out of the FU at that point.

Mike Tenay after Goldylocks turned on Erik Watts: "Goldylocks, you WHORE!"

but it's true....

Michael Cole at WM 19--"NO ONE HAS EVER KICKED OUT OF THE ANGLE SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  The best was my roomate who started watching around Summerslam of 02' actually believed him...

He said that about Cena's FU at WM20. Despite the fact that EVERYONE had kicked out of the FU at that point.

yea and the fact that Cena had beaten show numerous times on tv before (including sd before survivor series 03 and the iraq xmas sd to name a few)

and they made a big deal out of cena winning

JRS reaction to Rikishi rvelaing himself as the one who hit austin with the car

"Damn damn you you you son of a bitch you ran over austin you tried to end his career and ruin his life" (or somethin to that effect)

Mike Tenay reacting to every former wwe/ecw.wcw wrestler debuting in tna as if they were main event stars

Nobody's mentioned my favorite.

Jim Cornette: "OH NO! CACTUS JACK IS DEAD!"

I thought that gem was eventually trumped by JR himself at KotR 98...

"God as my witness, hes broken in half!"

Don West shrilling the weekend show before Victory Road:

"COME DOWN TO THE TENNESSEE FAIRGROUNDS FOR THE VICTORY ROAD WEEKEND MEET AND GREAT FEATURING SEVERAL NWA TNA STARS SUCH AS AJ STYLES, AMW, 3LW ALL READY TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS FOR THE PEOPLE. THAT'S RIGHT FOR $49.95 YOU GET TO MEET THE STARS, GET A PICTURE WITH AN AUTOGRAPH OF THEM.........ALL THAT AND A TICKET TO THE VERY 1ST NWA TNA PPV VICTORY ROAD!"