TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

Yeah, his poor speaking skills and below-fucking idiot level IQ were exposed, again. I hope he breaks both legs while doing nothing this year. And he tried to pimp that stupid CD again. I almost feel bad for this guy. But I don't. He's a clown. he actually had the nerve to say "When I come to play in Philly, the fans egg me on, but I play back with 'em, they respect me, it's all good in Philly."

Hahaha. I'd spit right in that fucking thug's face if he ever was "making a CD" around my city. As would everyone else. His "talent" is gone, he attacks the (wrong) fans in the crowd, he's violent, he can't speak without stuttering, his team sucks, and his music career will end up like his current season --- suspended.

He's not such a bad guy. He gives a lot to charities, and gave his entire first year contract (rookie year) money to people in his neighborhood who needed it the most. He does need help to control his anger though, but he's certaintly not a bad person. Your legs should be broken for making him sound like a fucking waste of space.

I like Artest since he played for the Bulls, the Bulls knew about his mood swings thou thats why he got traded. Artest is a nice guy and I hope the media doesn't make him a bad person for rest of his career.

Ron Artest's Father Speaks out:

By Eric Adelson

ESPN Magazine

NEW YORK -- Ron Artest Sr. was in church when it happened. After services Friday night, he rushed home to his apartment to catch the highlights of his son's game. "I was shocked," he says. "I've never seen anything like that before."

Ron Artest Sr. says his son felt as though it was "12 guys against 20,000 guys" in Detroit.

Artest Sr. has seen his oldest son lose his temper before. It's a problem he has tried for 20 years to help fix. But suddenly, there on the TV screen, his son was in the stands in Detroit, throwing punches at fans.

Sunday morning, Ron Artest called his dad. "Ron's OK," says Artest Sr., who raised his son in the Queensbridge projects with Ron's mother, Sarah. "He's sorry for what happened. It was a reaction. He wishes he could reverse it. He tried to compose himself, and it didn't work out.

"He felt he was being attacked. Like it was 12 guys against 20,000 guys in the arena."

Ron Sr. is a Navy vet and a former Golden Gloves boxer out of Philadelphia. He taught his son to box in the hope that sports might keep him out of trouble. Ron Sr. has always feared that his son's temper would be his downfall. He hoped boxing could help him avoid the drugs and violence around every corner in Queensbridge. Ron Sr. sent his son to anger management therapy when he was 8 after Ron put his hands around another boy's throat in a school cafeteria. The counselor suggested basketball as an outlet for Ron's emotions.

"Maybe it's because of the neighborhood," Ron Sr. says. "Some people have [a temper], and some people don't. He's never hurt anybody, never killed anybody. It's just part of him. He doesn't have a criminal or thug bone in his body."

Artest has struggled with his temper all his life. Events such as his parents' divorce in 1992 and the death of his baby sister Quanisha from SIDS in 1995 only made it worse. Ron even saw his dad hit his mother once. He offered to lie to the cops, but Ron Sr. told him never to lie.

So Artest took his emotions out on the basketball court, molding himself into one of the most physical players ever to come out of New York. He became a hero in Queens, willing St. John's to the Elite Eight as a sophomore. He turned pro at 19, but gave most of his money to friends and family until he was nearly broke.

"He feels bad for the kids," Ron Sr. says. "He's worried how the kids will look at him now. The kids love him out there."

Ron Sr. says he has not spoken with his son since NBA commissioner David Stern handed down Artest's yearlong suspension. But he believes the penalty is too harsh.

"I know he wants to apologize," Ron Sr. says. "He wants to apologize to innocent spectators. I would like to apologize, too, for Ron to those spectators and to the Detroit Pistons."

Wow, he's such a thug. *Rolls Eyes*

Something I thought was funny was they showed one guy pour something from over the entryway, then his wife/girlfriend shoved him and started yelling at him.

Guest MikeSC

What I find funny is where the morality of the Artest supporters can lead to.

"What would YOU do if a beer was thrown at you?" You know, it doesn't matter. If a beer is thrown at, oh, a police officer who was guarding a huge protest (which, mind you, happens A LOT) --- would ANYBODY defend a cop just beating the living shit out of whomever threw it?

If the punishments are reduced, my extremely weak support of the league will completely dissipate,

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
so.. Artest was also a boxer, that explains a bit

He seems to be a pretty big idiot. And psycho, to boot.

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune

Holy crap, I didn't see Harrison beat the piss out of that fan...and he beat up the wrong guy (and I think the guy who threw shit at him too). Oh well, the fact he was trying to break up all the fighting at first saved his ass from suspension.

Guest LooneyTune
He's not such a bad guy. He gives a lot to charities, and gave his entire first year contract (rookie year) money to people in his neighborhood who needed it the most. He does need help to control his anger though, but he's certaintly not a bad person. Your legs should be broken for making him sound like a fucking waste of space.

Wise men say don't waste your time arguing with an idiot.

"What would YOU do if a beer was thrown at you?" You know, it doesn't matter. If a beer is thrown at, oh, a police officer who was guarding a huge protest (which, mind you, happens A LOT) --- would ANYBODY defend a cop just beating the living shit out of whomever threw it?

This is the same feeling I've been having on the matter.

If I was Artest, I would get up and DARE someone else to throw something at me, grab the microphone and remind whoever did that I still make more in a week than they do in 2-3 years. That'll learn 'em.

Artest needs to go to the Terrell Owens School Of Non-Violent Retaliation. :)

If I was Artest, I would get up and DARE someone else to throw something at me, grab the microphone and remind whoever did that I still make more in a week than they do in 2-3 years. That'll learn 'em.

That's great, but you weren't there, weren't put in the same situation, and didn't just play a full NBA game with a defensive team that annoys the shit out of you. I'm not saying what he did was right, but lets not act like we are 100% sure what we would have done in that position, when you weren't put in that position under the same circumstances.

Doc Rivers had a great quote on the subject:

"They said everything to Jackie Robinson in 1947. If he didn't go into the stands, no one is allowed to go into the stands."

Thats because none of his teammates would have his back if he did, he woulda got lynched if he did that.

I have been taunted more times than I can count playing college baseball. They say they hope I have aids and die, that I am gay, that they want me to die and just about everything else. Hell, one time I was throwing on the sidelines and a fan hit me in the back of the head with a golf ball. I did not run up into the stands and start fighting with people, because I am not a complete and total fucking moron like Ron Artest. Doing what he did is inexcusable on every level. I wish he were suspended for life, that is complete bullshit. For everyone who blames the fans for fighting Artest, I would have too after I saw him hitting some 170 pound kid in the stands. I would have done whatever necessary to get Artest off that kid, its called defending someone.

Guest LooneyTune

Sucker punching someone in the back of the head is defending someone? Turn the person around and THEN fight them, don't be a bitch about it. Ron Artest didn't punch anyone in the back of the head...that was on camera. I can't say the same for O'Neal or Jackson.

Guest MikeSC

"They said everything to Jackie Robinson in 1947.  If he didn't go into the stands, no one is allowed to go into the stands."

Thats because none of his teammates would have his back if he did, he woulda got lynched if he did that.

He also would have killed any hopes of blacks playing in major sports for 20 years.

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune

"They said everything to Jackie Robinson in 1947.  If he didn't go into the stands, no one is allowed to go into the stands."

He also would have killed any hopes of blacks playing in major sports for 20 years.

-=Mike

Also being called everything in the book about being black back then WASN'T a rare thing. You get that kind of stuff walking down a street.

Sucker punching someone in the back of the head is defending someone? Turn the person around and THEN fight them, don't be a bitch about it. Ron Artest didn't punch anyone in the back of the head...that was on camera. I can't say the same for O'Neal or Jackson.

If I needed to sucker punch someone to get them off of an innocent kid, who bet your ass I would. However, in this case the player was already off the kid, and was being pushed away when sucker punched if you are talking about who I am thinking of.

Guest LooneyTune

I'm thinking of when the dude in the white hat and blue jersey suddenly was throwing punches to the back and side of Artest's head, after Artest was already being held back by teammates and other fans (fans that didn't need to throw punches) from beating the guy up, which I'm assuming is the same one.

I already forgot most of the minor stuff, since the news and ESPN show the same 2 incidents: The original thing with the cup thrower and guy in black shirt getting attacked, and the fat guy getting knocked down by O'Neals running punch of doom.

That's great, but you weren't there, weren't put in the same situation, and didn't just play a full NBA game with a defensive team that annoys the shit out of you. I'm not saying what he did was right, but lets not act like we are 100% sure what we would have done in that position, when you weren't put in that position under the same circumstances.

I understand the emotional factor, but that's why I would go that way. People asked, "What would you do?" and that's the best possible scenario I can think of. Artest was staring at the lights while lying on the scorer's table, no way would he have even seen where the beer cup came from. Best that he give a long, drawn-out "Fuck you" instead of costing himself the season. He knows full-well that you can't go into stands. And he might've even got suspended if he went through my scenario, but I don't expect him to do nothing given his history of short fuses.

Okay, its old and shit, but I wasn't hear to give my opinion so bite me....or don't...i don't deal with pain very well.

Here is my take on the whole thing. Artest...he was wrong for going in the stands, although it is a understandble, yet dumb, move. It was a reaction. Plain and simple. Does he deserve the whole year off....i would probably have done the same thing due tohis past problems with his impulse control. BUT. NOONE ever mentions that Jerry Sloan ran in the stands when a fan hit him with a aresol can once. People in the NBA LOVE Jerry Sloan and are just pretending that never happend. Bottomline, someone hits you with something you are either going to have a fight or flight response and Artest went in the stands. Not smart, but understandable, but at the same time I say the suspension was just.

Now...Stephen Jackson...Fuck that. If you see a teammate in the stands surrounded by fans who start swinging on him, YOU FIGHT FOR YOUR FUCKING TEAMATE. All that bullshit about "Jackson just went in the stands swinging" bullshit. If you watched the tape at first he was grabbing ron's jearsy trying to pull him. then he ran up top to pull artest off when that wasn't working. Thats when guy next to artest threw a cup of beer in his face, which is why Jackson threw his punch which led to other people swinging back and he just went at the guy. Then he turned around and saw baseball hat guy sucker punching Ron and he went at him. He did what any friend SHOULD do let alone teammate. Should he have been suspended? Yeah, probably, I mean if it happened on the court with other players, he wouldhave been so this should be the same. 35 games....nah, a bit much.

Jermaine Oneil...shouldn't have gotten one fucking game. Jermain punched people that ran on the court. And not just regular people. he punched people that came on the court and attacked ron artest and got in a tussle with Anthony Johnson. When those two drunken guys ran on the field and attacked that first base coach in baseball a while back and both clubs proceded to beat the ever loving shit out of them for doing it, they were applauded for it. So how is it different when two drunk guys run on the court to attack not one, but TWO of O'Neils teamates? Fuck those guys and fuck the "fans" that were still attacking him while he was trying to get to the locker room. how can you blame a guy for fighting his way out of a fucking riot?

I hate the way the nba and the players involved were demonized throughout this. Then the rain of bullshit about how "hip-hop" the league is now and how that somehow led to this altercation. What happend was one guy made a dumb reaction and his teamates did what they had to do to protect him. All this "Ron Artest is a THUG" crap....its just plain crap.

For people to compare him to say a Latrell Sprewell, who made a conscience decision to go at PJ Carlisomo not once but twice...that is just sad. That like comparing if you get in a fight after a guy comes up and slaps you and you punch him back and if a guy says something you don't like and you wait outside and jump him as he walks out. That is two different things. Ron Artest is not a "thug" because he had a human reaction. He is stupid because he didn't catch himself and control his anger, but not a "thug" even though the media and writers and dumb people love to throw that term around alot.

I am happy that Jermaine O'Neil's suspension was lessened as it should have been. Stephen Jacksons wasn't, but its understandable that they kept it there, although I disagree. Artest needed to not play again this year, but still, I am not going to sit here and demonize him. So until I see people start calling Jerry Sloan a thug for what he did, I think people should layoff Artest and his stupidity.

Now. back to the present.

Jerry Sloan wasn't antagonizing fans like Artest was. Sloan got hit for doing nothing. Artest got hit because he was acting smug. Neither guy should have had anything thrown at them though.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with everything said. Stephen Jackson did get shafted badly with his punishment. I never heard any of the talking heads bring up the point about Jackson's initial involvement in the ensuing scrap. It's something that no one seemed to recognize.