TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

I don't know why everyone is so shocked, I mean professionally I understand why the NBA is upset. But as a fan I was excited to see actual contact in an NBA game. I saw the replay on Sportscenter and I swear it gets better everytime I see it. I didnt read through the whole thread but is this available online anywhere?

Guest LooneyTune

Miller left the bench during the on-court confrontation, as well as several of the Detroit players. Stern is on my FOX News now running down all of the suspensions and stuff.

Artest seems excessive... everything else is A-OK. and i understand why stern did what he did.

Here's a question for y'all. if Artest threw a plastic cup of say gatorade to a fan (who was say heckling him or something), would that fan be justified jumping on the court and chasing Artest? Isn't he just "defending himself"?? what about if his buddies dive on the court to back him up??

Anyways, the excessive suspension ensures that this shit won't happen again. Hopefully. well ok maybe including some other teams i wouldn't mind seeing it for entertianment value :-P

Guest LooneyTune

One woman made an ass out of herself, asking if Sterns decision was unanimous for Artests season suspension...considering he has total power of decisions.

The video shot of Artest leaving the arena being controlled by two people and fans throwing everything at him is something that will always be in my mind.

Espeically if Artest ends up retiring/quitting.

Guest LooneyTune

Jesus, I've seen the footage (well, most of it) over and over in the replay during Sterns press conference, and I still can't fucking see all of the carnage happening. All this because Ben Wallace had to have his panties in a bunch over a slightly tough foul by Artest.

ESPN did a complete 180 and is now verbally fellating David Stern for his decision - really, who the fuck does he have to "satisfy" with the decision? He made a decision that just went beyond any precedent in the rulebook, attempting to give the poor fans a lollipop because of big bad Ron Artest.

Most of these suspensions WILL be appealed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1928540

"Four players were suspended for a game apiece: Indiana's Reggie Miller, and Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Elden Campbell and Derrick Coleman."

What did they do? If anything, Miller was trying to help out by constraining Artest. If it was because of the instand 1-game suspension for leaving the bench, then more than just those 4 should be suspended.

Guest LooneyTune

The 1-gamers were for leaving the bench during the Artest/Wallace stuff I'm guessing, because I can't see shit in the brawl other than the few players that obviously stand out.

Edit: It was probably for the brawl, so I flip-flop.

Guest Lawlerm

I hate it when governing bodies hand out unprecedented penalties simply because of the spotlight the media puts on incidents. As if in someway because somethings been on the news or been highlighted a lot they need to make an example just to get some good PR.

25 games for O'Neal is rediculous. And Miller just came on to try and get Artest out of there.

WHO DIDN'T LEAVE THE BENCH?

Reggie Miller protected Ron Artest from being MACED. I honestly hope someone (like Wilbon) tears apart most of these decisions, because security were doing nothing to diffuse the situation.

The leaving the bench automatic suspension rule is pretty stupid.

Jackson getting more then Artest is bullshit.

O'Neal getting 25 games is just ridicilous. Fuck the NBA

Jesus, I've seen the footage (well, most of it) over and over in the replay during Sterns press conference, and I still can't fucking see all of the carnage happening. All this because Ben Wallace had to have his panties in a bunch over a slightly tough foul by Artest.

No. Everything was calmed down until the drunk jackass decided to get his 15 minutes of fame.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Artest deserved it. This sets the precend: DON'T JUMP INTO THE STANDS TO PUNCH A FAN.

Guest The Gecko

I heard rumors that the Pacers are going to have to forfeit some games... is this true? It makes sense to me, they were down enough players due to injury BEFORE this incident.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Are there any interesting retired free agents that the Pacers might be able to bring in?

Guest The Gecko
Are there any interesting retired free agents that the Pacers might be able to bring in?

I say bring in Bill Walton, that's all they will need.

Is there a male-only rule? Maybe they could get some players from the WNBA...

If that motherfucker Artest woulda tackled me, especially when I didn't even do anything, I would've elbowed him right in his fuckin' brain stem and kneed his damn teeth out.

And what the hell was up with Stephen Jackson? Did that son of a bitch have something to prove or something? Damn!