TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Fox's Midseason...

Monday

8 p.m. "Trading Spouses"

9 p.m. "24" (two-hour premiere Sunday, Jan. 9; time-period premiere Jan. 10)

Tuesday

8 p.m. "American Idol" (premieres Jan. 18)

9 p.m. "House"

Wednesday

8 p.m. "That ’70s Show"

8:30 p.m. "The Simple Life 3: Interns" (premieres Jan. 26)

9 p.m. "American Idol" (premieres Jan. 19; one-hour episodes through February)

Thursday

8 p.m. "The O.C."

9 p.m. "Point Pleasant" (premieres Jan. 20)

Friday

8 p.m. "The Bernie Mac Show" (premieres Jan. 14)

8:30 p.m. "The Bernie Mac Show" (encore episodes)

9 p.m. "Jonny Zero" (premieres Jan. 14)

Guest El Satanico

Good to see House get a lead in with one of their most popular shows. It's a pretty good show and I doubt it's getting good ratings on the current Fox Tuesdays.

How does The OC fan base compare to the Survivor fan base? I get the feeling that Survivor attracts The OC fanbase. If that's not the case, then it's probably a good move.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The O.C has been on Thursday the whole season since it debuted and it has continued being a major draw and kept and even improved it's crucial 18-34 base.

There was alot of inital backlash against FOX for moving OC to Thursday at 8 in a busy slot against two other major 18-34 hotbed shows in Survivor and "Joey/Will and Grace". It's paid off so far. I'm glad to see Fox joined CBS in the "Fuck NBC. We can also provide good thursday material" ABC will never do that.

Also...Is Sunday saying intact like it is now? KOTH/Malcom/Simpsons/Arrested/Whatever reality show they want to push.

Guest El Satanico
The O.C has been on Thursday the whole season since it debuted

Shit...that's right

I also had to correct myself regarding House currently being on Tuesday. I have the current Fox schedule all screwed up, and I've been watching on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week this season.

Jonny Zero is a piece of crap. It's so incredibly typical, as they just wrap a "meh" plot around with the playing of several "Top 10" hits in the background.

It will surely join Firefly, John Doe, Boston Public, Luis, Wandy Sykes, and others in the Friday night graveyard.

Well, the FOX audience has to be tortured with ANOTHER installment of American Idol. Well, hopefully, the frightening trend has been noticed. Notice how ALL THE Idol winners have completely disappeared from the radar.

Kelly Clarkson has disappeared. If I am right, they are having an American Idol Xmas Special. Ruben Studdard is the BUTT of 99% of fat jokes on Conan O'Brien's show. The last winner, forgot her name..well...I haven't heard anything from her. Maybe they are actually waiting to reveal her to the mainstream.

Guest El Satanico
When did Bernie move to Fridays?...

Beginning of the season

I thought it was one of their popular shows, so I'm not sure why they want to kill it. Perhaps Bernie told them he's done after this season, so they dumped the last season into the wasteland.

Good to see House get a lead in with one of their most popular shows. It's a pretty good show and I doubt it's getting good ratings on the current Fox Tuesdays.

Rebel Billionaire is killing House, although I'd expect it to do better once The Amazing Race ends and American Idol starts up again. Haven't seen House yet, btw.

Notice how ALL THE Idol winners have completely disappeared from the radar.

Kelly Clarkson has disappeared.

Actually her current single ("Breakaway", apparently cowritten by Avirl Lavigne) has been getting quite the push on Top 40 and AAA radio stations, so I'm not sure that your argument really holds much weight.

I'll be trying to avoid getting sucked into American Idol again this year (wish me luck). I'll watch the initial auditions, and see how that goes. Best part of the show, and the reason I enjoyed "Superstar USA".

Anyways, 2-fucking-4 will be back, and that's exactly what I need to fill my Monday night void. Although what I'll do this week with the dog of a game I dunno.

Guest Jimmy Saint

They certainly like milking American idol for all its worth on US networks. In the UK we usually wait a year or more between series. It only seems like a few months ago that the last series of American Idol ended.

I'll end up watching religiously anyway. Personally after watching two series of Pop Idol, three of US Idol and Cowells new show the X Factor I think the audition stage is really tired and goes on way to long. My favourite bit is when Simon lays the smackdown on contestants on the live shows instead. The crap contestants will perform their song and the audiance will give them a standing ovation like they do everyone. Then Randy and Paula spout their bullshit to them before Simon finally tells them the truth ie they are fucking awfull and will never have a career in music.

I'm surprised a US network hasent bought Simon Cowell new show hereThe X Factor. Its much more interesting as it opens up three different catorgries of performers [under 25's solo, over 25's solo and group]. Because the range is far broader the acts are much more interesting and diverse than Idol shows. In the final three left for this week we have a middle aged white guy soul singer, an irish rock singer and an a group of guys in their 20's who sing opera. The single mother, insane, former crackhead was voted out last week. I'd imagine the finalists on the US version to be even more nuts.

I'm surprised a US network hasent bought Simon Cowell new show hereThe X Factor.

Well the problem is that Fox is the network that "develops" reality shows that "happen" to be similar to other reality shows (hey, even American Idol is similar in nature to Popstars), so it's unlikely that we'll get X-Factor over here.

Uh, Kelly didn't disappear. "Breakaway" is a Top 10 hit single, her new CD is out in stores, and the latest track "Since You've Been Gone" is getting major radio and TV airplay (it's always in the TRL rotation). Out of all the winners, she's the one with the most recognition still. Rueben just put out another CD, but damned if I heard anything about it, or any singles on the radio.

Plus, you don't have to look far for Kelly, since "From Justin To Kelly" is on HBO constantly. God I love that movie.

Don't forget that Clay Aiken, the AI2 Runner up is having a successful career as well.

So it's not like these winners disappear for good. Clarkson is a mainstream name now, Ruben apprently is doing well on the adult contempory/R&B charts, Aiken has the easy listening market cornered and I'm sure Fantasia will eventully get out there.

I don't even watch this show. thats odd.

Guest Jimmy Saint
I'm surprised a US network hasent bought Simon Cowell new show hereThe X Factor.

Well the problem is that Fox is the network that "develops" reality shows that "happen" to be similar to other reality shows (hey, even American Idol is similar in nature to Popstars), so it's unlikely that we'll get X-Factor over here.

I don't think its another Fox stealing thing. Both the Popstars and Idol show are from the UK originally. I think there was a deal after the sucess of Popstars here that elements of the show could be used on the first Pop Idol series. Simon Fuller was behind them both and Nigel Lythgoe who was the orginal evil judge on the first Popstars is a producer\stage directer on Pop idol and American Idol.

I think you lot will get X Factor because its been a big success here and is being picked up instead of Pop Idol now. I'm guessing Simon Cowells [whose production company make it] contract with Simon Fuller and American Idol is whats stopping it. He can't do two shows at once and once that contract runs out next year I think you will get X Factor. I'd imagine Sharon Osbourne would be one of the judges of the US version to. Sharon has had her moments on the series memorbly telling one loudmouth audtioner who slagged her kids of "Why don't you fuck off back to McDonalds you little shit, maybe you will be manager someday".

Guest FileCabinet
All I wish to know is when American Dad will be airing. It's suppose to premiere around January....

Its premiering on Feb. 6, right after the Super Bowl. After that, I think it's going to be on Sunday nights, but I'm not completely sure.

24 moving to Mondays at 9 is bad. The OC has lost my interest. North Shore I'm guessing and hoping is on hiatus, other than that Im not interested. Point Pleasant sounds interesting and I tune into AI near the end. Other than that Fox's new lineup is of no interest to me.

24 moving to Mondays at 9 is bad. The OC has lost my interest. North Shore I'm guessing and hoping is on hiatus, other than that Im not interested. Point Pleasant sounds interesting and I tune into AI near the end. Other than that Fox's new lineup is of no interest to me.

I agree it's not as good as having the AI lead-in, but when MNF is done there's a void for non-wrestling-watching male viewers that 24 can capitalize on.

Guest El Satanico

And the fact that after MNF there's nothing on Monday with an audience other than Raymond.

24 will probably even draw wrestling fans, given the state of WWeee.

So 24's premiering with a 2-hour Sunday ep, and having another hour the next day? I'm not sure I like that. The first hour or two of each season has been some of the most intriguing stuff, since it takes so long to get your bearings as to what's going on. I liked having that spaced out over a couple of weeks. Still, I'll gladly take the run to the end of the season without any gaps.

Guest Anglesault
So it's not like these winners disappear for good. Clarkson is a mainstream name now,

Who?

Family Guy has been off for while now. It's syndicated now for your viewing...pleasure.

I'm guessing American Dad will be on at 9 on Sundays; which fits with the Simpsons/Arrested base.

Family Guy has been off for while now. It's syndicated now for your viewing...pleasure.

I'm guessing American Dad will be on at 9 on Sundays; which fits with the Simpsons/Arrested base.

But this is coming off of months of reports saying that Fox was bringing Family Guy back due to high syndication reruns and DVD sales. They had better follow up on that promise eventually.

But this is coming off of months of reports saying that Fox was bringing Family Guy back due to high syndication reruns and DVD sales. They had better follow up on that promise eventually.

Family Guy is May/June of '05.

That isn't considered midseason.

Guest El Satanico
So 24's premiering with a 2-hour Sunday ep, and having another hour the next day? I'm not sure I like that.

They did the same last year.