TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Another Jason Todd scare

Yay, it's the comic book return that no one wants to see.

Except, apparently, a few insane DC editors.

Guest JMA

Do any fans even want to see Jason Todd come back to life? I mean, he wasn't exactly a popular character when he was alive (the post-Crisis version, that is).

I don't follow comics much, but they said that there was no body found, yet, on this page I found, there is a picture of Batman holding Jason's body.

Holy crap are those first two pics of the Joker beating Jason from the actual comics? Man those are too cartoony.

I don't follow comics much, but they said that there was no body found, yet, on this page I found, there is a picture of Batman holding Jason's body.

Holy crap are those first two pics of the Joker beating Jason from the actual comics? Man those are too cartoony.

I think those are from a retelling.

Comics will never earn the respect that many in the industry wish they had by brining back characters from the dea. Especially dead ones that need to stay dead. Jason Todd being one name in particular. Somehow I see the Joker being tied into this.

Jason Todd's death continually haunts Bruce Wayne and is a major factor behind Batman's vendetta. He needs to stay dead, to revive him would be to lessen the impact of his death and the direction the books took afterwards and would cheapen the characters of Batman and the Joker.

Well I certinally hope that they will keep him dead, hes without a doubt one of those people who mean more dead like Barry Allen (Sorry its true). Way I see it though if there going to bring him back then stop teasing it and just do it already to get it over with.

At this point, it would be pointless to bring back Barry Allen. He's completely worthless as a character now.

Right thats why I said hes better off dead. Why bring back Barry Allen when we already have a better Flash?

What I find funny about all of this Jason Todd mess is how the fans were the ones who wanted him killed in the first place. I doubt many people have changed their minds about Todd 15 years later.

I know I sure dont miss him. Like I said he means more dead then alive.

What I find funny about all of this Jason Todd mess is how the fans were the ones who wanted him killed in the first place. I doubt many people have changed their minds about Todd 15 years later.

The guys at DC just like fucking with our minds, I guess.

And they know that despite our hatred for the possibility, when it ever happens it will be a phenomenal selling book due to curiosity.

Judd Winick is my favorite writer currently, along with Brian K. Vaughan, but PLEASE KEEP JASON TODD DEAD. Todd should've died twice. And yes, his body is in his grave. Loeb brought up the idea that it isn't in there to be cute with his dramatics, but it helped with the sales, I bet.

Now you know how Spider-Man fans feel. We've had every dead character except Uncle Ben come back to life, and I'm not totally confident he'll stay dead either!

Well I think its safe top say that good 'ol uncle ben wont ever be coming back, The closest we'll ever get to that is Ultimate Spider-Man for the first few issues but thats obviously a completely different thing altogether.

Now you know how Spider-Man fans feel.  We've had every dead character except Uncle  Ben come back to life, and I'm not totally confident he'll stay dead either!

Well I think its safe top say that good 'ol uncle ben wont ever be coming back, The closest we'll ever get to that is Ultimate Spider-Man for the first few issues but thats obviously a completely different thing altogether.

Does the happy birthday arc count?

Now you know how Spider-Man fans feel.  We've had every dead character except Uncle  Ben come back to life, and I'm not totally confident he'll stay dead either!

Does the happy birthday arc count?

Nope.

Now you know how Spider-Man fans feel. We've had every dead character except Uncle Ben come back to life, and I'm not totally confident he'll stay dead either!

I don't really follow the Spider-Man comics. Was Gwen Stacy ever brought back from the dead? You said every dead character except Ben.

Guest BDC

The clones in Spiderman were worse than the dead folks.

Hell, the clones of Jean Gray are what put me off X-Men

Jean's return undid comics cred with death. Jim Shooter saw both one of the best (Jean's death) and one of the worst (Jean's return) storylines happen under his watch. When she returned, that undid the "they are staying DEAD!" vibe that fans had with Marvel books after Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn had been dead for about 13 years after their initial deaths and stayed gone.

Comic book deaths ceased to have any meaning or resonance with fans after Jean Grey, a major character, had been brought back (after killing millions of innocent beings no less).

I don't really follow the Spider-Man comics. Was Gwen Stacy ever brought back from the dead? You said every dead character except Ben.

Gwen never came back from the dead, but what happened was almost as bad.

Apparently, as we learn via the horrible blundering of JMS, Gwen Stacy years ago did the nasty with Norman Osborne (yeah, the Green Goblin), got knocked up, and had two kids which we never heard about until now, when they return a handful of years later - fully grown, due to some bizarre aging disease they contracted via possessing some of Norman Osborne's mutated blood in their system - brainwashed into killing Spider-Man.

And as it turns out now, the male twin tried to kill Spider-man after mainlining some Goblin serum, but in the ensuing battle he was knocked into the sea, where he washed ashore, amnesiac (but the implication is there, of course, that he might become a new Green Goblin). The female twin, who by the way looks EXACTLY like Gwen Stacy, seems to be set up, if I'm gauging my Previews correctly, to possibly entice Peter into some sort of love triangle.

Only at the "House of Ideas"!

Only at the "House of Ideas"!

If I remember correctly, the first Gwen Stacy clone is still alive, and out there somewhere in the Marvel universe.

I can't imagine how badly they'll bungle that one up if they ever decide to tie up THAT loose end.

-Ben