TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just John

Most Shameless Shilling in Wrestling

Karate Fighters and Surge and XFL are definitely tops.

Anyone remember all those times Ahnuld would come out to pimp his movie, and do pretty much NOTHING of note back for the WWE?

I loved it because he would without fail say "Go ahnd see my new hit movie..." before it was even out. "ya, the action here is intense just like my new hit movie..."

Guest LooneyTune

In 1995 during every match they would shill their own products (WWF that is)

$100 for a SNES Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, $25 for POGS!, $30 shirts I wouldn't wear in public...

Now they pimp their magazines every month.

This is kinda reverse shameless shilling, but does anyone else remember the Rock's appearance on That 70s Show? He, of course, played his father, Rocky Johnson, who was wrestling when Red took Eric to the local wrestling matches. Their conversation afterwards went something like this:

Rocky: "Very cool of you to take your son here. I have a son, too, and someday, he's going to become the most electrifying man in sports-entertainment!"

Red: "Well.....good luck with that!"

Rocky: "Thanks....thanks."

Guest LooneyTune
Rocky: "Very cool of you to take your son here. I have a son, too, and someday, he's going to become the most electrifying man in sports-entertainment!"

Best line ever from That 70's Show... besides every time Fez said son of a bitch.

Schwarzenegger: Vince McMahon is like the devil himself! speaking of the devil, see me fight the devil in my new movie THE END OF DAYS!

Ross/Cole (cant remember which): Will it be THE END OF DAYS for HHH at Survivor Series?!?

In the summer of 2002 on Raw, during the Fink/Lillian feud, both announcers had to shill the XXX movie and let the public decide who did it better.

WWE are pretty annoying when they're shilling their own products, remember all the advertising for the "Originals" CD last year ?

Summerslam 1988.

They hyped the crap out of a Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Danny Lalonde fight.

Anyone who didn't know better would have thought it were McMahon booking the fight himself, then shilling it on his established PPV market in an attempt to become a successful boxing promoter. But, that'd be just silly.

In 1995 during every match they would shill their own products (WWF that is)

$100 for a SNES Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, $25 for POGS!, $30 shirts I wouldn't wear in public...

Now they pimp their magazines every month.

I hated Barry Didinsky . . . or however you spell that douchebag's name

The WWF did a marketing survey in late 1995, asking fans which person in the WWF would you most like to get powerbombed, and Didinsky came first. Shortly after, he was fired.

The WWF did a marketing survey in late 1995, asking fans which person in the WWF would you most like to get powerbombed, and Didinsky came first. Shortly after, he was fired.

Too bad they didn't have Diesel powerbomb him on his way out. Could have only helped Nash's popularity at the time.

Guest LooneyTune

Nah... maybe if he powerbombed Todd Pettingill and through Didinsky and the really shitty guy (the chinese dude)... NOW THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUSLY AWESOME.

That chinese dude (Charlie Minn) is now a sportscaster on our local Action News . . . yes, it's actually called Action News . . . and no, April O'Neil is not the lead news anchor.

Are there any female reporters in yellow jumpsuits?