TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

Hector Garza with drug charges

From the Houston Chronicle

Drug charge lands Mexican wrestling star in county jail

By MIKE GLENN

Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A fixture of the colorful world of Mexican wrestling was in the Harris County Jail on a misdemeanor narcotics charge today.

Hector Segura Solano, 35, who wrestles under the name Hector Garza, was arrested Monday on a charge of possession of a controlled substance. Bail has been set at $1,000.

Further details about the arrest and the drugs Segura is accused of having were not immediately available. Messages left with his attorney were not returned.

News of the arrest surprised some people. California-based wrestling promoter Liz Fairbairn had already hired Segura to compete in a Valentine's Day match in Los Angeles.

"We just printed all our posters," she said. "I hope he's not in too much trouble."

Segura , who is from Monterrey, made his professional debut in 1992.

"He's won some championships. He's getting a lot more visibility," Fairbairn said.

Segura, when teamed with a wrestler known as the Latin Lover, was popular with female fans for his Chippendales-like dancing skills, Fairbairn said.

Fairbairn said the arrest could hurt Segura's career.

"It could cause major problems with him with the wrestling commission in Mexico," she said.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I live in Houston. Maybe I should go down to the jail and get an autograph. :P

Seriously though, this sucks.

Well if Dusty still wants him to be his Guerrero like star, he can use the mantra of "Lie, Cheat, and Deal". Backstage vignettes could be shown of him replacing other wrestlers pee cups during random drug tests, and getting his rivals busted despite them actually being clean. Then during his matches he can do a "Hulk Up" comeback, but what would happen is he'd be knocked out of the ring and could snort up, thus adrenalizing himself and making himself impervious to pain.

In all seriousness though, this is a bad break for someone TNA was counting on.

Guest Salacious Crumb

What an idiot. He finally gets an American promotion pushing him and he almost immediately goes out and gets himself into trouble. I guess he's pretty good friends with Juvy.

Guest LooneyTune
Well if Dusty still wants him to be his Guerrero like star, he can use the mantra of "Lie, Cheat, and Deal". Backstage vignettes could be shown of him replacing other wrestlers pee cups during random drug tests, and getting his rivals busted despite them actually being clean. Then during his matches he can do a "Hulk Up" comeback, but what would happen is he'd be knocked out of the ring and could snort up, thus adrenalizing himself and making himself impervious to pain.

In all seriousness though, this is a bad break for someone TNA was counting on.

I won't even challenge this as the most tasteless comment. Pretty damn funny though :lol:

Also seriously, way to go TNA! Now the person you are grooming is a convicted drug user.

Well, I got this off the TNA forums...

Credit: Sescoops.com and thewrestlinganwer.com

-------------------------------------------------

TNA star Hector Garza was arrested on Monday in Houston, Texas on charges of possession of a controlled substance. Mexican newspaper El Norte states the drugs were anabolic steroids Primobolan and Deca-Durabolin, which is used to regenerate injuries and to fortify muscle tissue.

Garza was on his way to the TNA Imapct! tapings in Orlando, Florida when he was detained by Immigration agents at the Houston International Airport. We're told he was placed under arrest and was in court yesterday in Houston. He is currently being held in a Harris County, Texas jail.

Garza’s brother Humberto told El Norte that the steroids were prescribed by a local doctor in Mexico, who overnighted the proof to the Mexican Consulate in Houston. They will turn that into court for his defense. Humberto stated that Garza was being counseled by a personal attorney, while TNA was sending one as well. Garza’s bail was set at $1,000 but he was advised not to pay it for fear of being deported, which would destroy his Stateside career.

His problems caused rewrites at the TNA taping on Tuesday evening, where the wrestlers were told he had “travel issues.”

------------------------------------

So are those drugs legal if prescribed by a doctor?

maybe in Mexico. I think it's possible in the U.S.

Tremendous, time to push a new Latino superstar, I guess. Is Red's knee still fucked? We could have Don West yelling about "HE'S FROM THE BRONX MIKE BUT RED'S REALLY LATINO JUST LIKE ALL OUR GREAT LATINO FANS!" or something to drive the point home.

Eh, it's just steroids. It sucks he got caught but at least 80% of wrestlers (at least Im sure) take the stuff and his muscle gain since his WCW days was unquestionable.

Ah well, TNA will probably ignore it.

Sucks for TNA, but should be interesting how the fact that they were prescribed in Mexico but illegal in the US might get him off these charges. I wonder if a bunch of people will now move to Mexico to freely roid.

Guest wildpegasus

Mexico has traditionally been a hotbed for roids.

So how much stuff did he get caught with? I wouldn't doubt he was bringing a bunch of stuff back for everyone.