TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Smackdown spoilers for 1/13/05

Damnit they should've done the "Where has Dusty Rhodes' sweet sweet Sapphire gone?" angle with:

fat Big Show = Fat Dusty

untalented Joy = untalented Sapphire

But Joy hooks up with Angle (aka DiBiase)

LOL, remember SummerSlam 1990, they'd play Sapphire's music for the third time and the announce team would act like she was coming...

"AMERRRR....ICANNNN....DREEEEEEEEEEEAMMMM....

:::clink clink clink:::

"HE'S JUST A COMMON MAN....

Announcers: "Alright, baby! She'll be out! Must have got lost! Where is she?"

from Meltzer's spoilers report:

We're looking for more complete notes from tonight's show. The biggest news was that Hulk Hogan was backstage at the show, but never appeared on camera. He does live in Tampa so there may not be a lot to read into this, but he also never does anything without a purpose.

Big Show went from a career resurgence to fat man in love.

Didn't that 'career resurgence' include a stellar angle built around him getting shot with a stun-gun?

I'd take an angle with Joy over that.

Fuck this. They had a EASY goldmine Eddy/Booker Vs RVD/Rey program to build to mania.

God damn it. Now we're getting another fucking 4 way @ Mania.

I can't imagine a tag team program building for 3 months.

I'd rather see Rey vs. RVD. THAT'S your money match.

Well as soon as RVD rehabs his knee and returns (as the cool ECW heel he used to be) to face Rey at Mania in an ECW rules match, now that'll make money but eventually WWE will fuck that up somehow.

Well as soon as RVD rehabs his knee and returns (as the cool ECW heel he used to be) to face Rey at Mania in an ECW rules match, now that'll make money but eventually WWE will fuck that up somehow.

Long: It's gonna be Rob Van Dam versus Rey Mysterio, E C Dubya Rules playas!

RVD: Uhm, why? It's not ECW Wrestlemania last time I checked.

Long: You were both in ECW, right?

RVD: Yeah, and? That was like 4 years ago...8 for Rey.

Long: ...well, we want people to buy the DVD. And the PPV. And we'll probably re-label some ECW t-shirts, start selling them.

RVD: ...

Long: You won't have to actually wrestle.

RVD: Ha! Sweet dude!

Long: HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA!

Money, right there.

Any word on how long Angle v. Strong was? Not holding out hope on anything above a minute, but if Strong actually gets some offence I may check the show out just for that.

Guest Phenom

I predicted Bashams winning. And Orlando Jordan should win the US title, if only to get Johnny Wordlife off my television.

Screw Jordan. He's awful. Give it to Kidman to revitalize his heel turn. He'd have built-in feuds w/ Chavo & London, and would give those guys something meaningful to do, while providing good matches for the SD PPV's. Besides, do we need every title (save the CW belt) in JBL's administration?

04.jpg

The Revolution, aka the Bashams as OVW Main Eventers

Fuck, is that Cornette? He looks... thinner.

I hear bannanas do wonders for one's health

The match had more heat at No Mercy then Taker v. JBL

But Zack said the program had more heat than ANY of JBLs programs which is not true. Sure, it might have been a nice program, which was interestingly written I might add, however, to say it had more heat than any of JBLs programs is just trolling really. That's like saying Big Show's match with Brock Lesnar was better than anything Benoit has ever done. Ridiculous trolling statement and totally untrue of course.

"As we reported yesterday in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Ring of Honor regular Roderick Strong was said to have really impressed WWE management after working a segment with Kurt Angle that will air on tonight's Smackdown. The crowd was said to have been into Strong's work during the Kurt Angle Classic. Beyond ROH, Strong works for Jersey All Pro and a number of Florida indy groups."

Credit: PWInsider.com

Speaking of Kurt Angle Classic, does anyone know where they are going with this? It seems like it's been going on for a while now and I don't recall ever seeing a news item even giving a hint in which direction they're going with it.

Guest Phenom
Speaking of Kurt Angle Classic, does anyone know where they are going with this? It seems like it's been going on for a while now and I don't recall ever seeing a news item even giving a hint in which direction they're going with it.

Angle faces himself at No Way Out. It's in Pittsburgh, you know.

Someone will upset him sooner or later. No idea who it's going to be, though.

"As we reported yesterday in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Ring of Honor regular Roderick Strong was said to have really impressed WWE management after working a segment with Kurt Angle that will air on tonight's Smackdown. The crowd was said to have been into Strong's work during the Kurt Angle Classic. Beyond ROH, Strong works for Jersey All Pro and a number of Florida indy groups."

Credit: PWInsider.com

Think they will let him use all his back breakers?

Someone will upset him sooner or later. No idea who it's going to be, though.

Daniel Puder.