TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Ultimate Fighter

Just out of curiousity, did anyone side with Bobby and Josh in this one? I have been reading over at Sherdog, and many of them have. They're not particularly bright though, so whatever.

In light of what Leben's done previously on the show, I really don't have no problem with everything up to and including "fatherless bastard", even if that was a bit of a low blow. And to his credit, he realized that he was still "on tilt" and decided to defuse the situation by sleeping outside.

So of course Josh and Bobby decide to antagonize the guy further, and again to Leben's credit he doesn't try to fight them (which seems to be what they wanted). Mind you, he destroys some property, but overall it's better than starting a brawl.

I think the thing that annoys me the most is Southworth's part in all this. This guy's in his mid-30's, with a wife and kid, so you'd think he'd be a bit more mature than we've seen on the show. Contrast this to Nate Quarry, who may yet prove that nice guys can finish first.

Oh, quick profiles for:

Josh Koscheck

Chris Leben

Hmm, another grappler vs striker match, although in this case Leben would seem to be better than Alex K and Josh worse than Diego. Then again, Josh might be another Matt Hughes (and at this point I'm stretched to the limit of my MMA knowledge), so who knows.

I'm of the opinion that Diego would be a tougher match for Leben (though this is disputed) due to a few reasons:

- though Josh is a better wrestler, Leben's takedown defense is such that Diego shouldn't have much trouble taking him down.

- Diego has taken hard shots before, unlike the MMA neophyte Koshceck

- Diego can both G&P & apply submissions much better than Koscheck

BTW- With Nate's injury, did anybody expect a "Team Couture Covers for Nate" plot, where the team starts putting themselves on the chopping block in exhange for Nate staying safe until his injury recovers?

Probably the easiest thing to do is to either win the MW challenge (if the winners get to pick the fight) or have Leben throw the challenge (Team Couture never got a new MW, right?) if loser gets to pick.

If I had to guess who wins, I'd say Leben. Why? Because they already planted the seeds for a Swick/Leben fight down the road, so I can't see them leaving that hanging for no reason.

That was an awesome episode of TUF; easily the best so far. Meltzer's latest update says he's recieved more feedback on this one episode of TUF than for any Raw in a long time, maybe even ever. And, like with most of you, the reaction to who exactly the babyface and heel is is mixed. Personally, I thought Leben went from being the top heel to the top babyface in one fell swoop. It was tremendous television, and, like everyone else, I cannot wait to see the fight next week, and I would gladly pay to see it.

Yeah, thats another thing which makes this awesome: PEOPLE ARE SPLIT! There isn't a 100% bad guy or 100% good guy, this is the grey Vince McMahon has been talking about since 1997 but could never master. People are being presented the same show but are seeing something different.

Guest Brian

I think they did a great job planting the seeds for the whole turn the week before, and yet we never saw it coming. Everything from Chris being willing to sacrifice himself for the good of the team in the middleweight competition to Josh dodging Chris when he had a chance to prove himself, and how that reflected in the smarmy-way Josh came off in the sit downs this week.

I really don't know enough about any of these guys to know who should win what fights, but I really want to see Josh get knocked out next week. I've been watching the show from the start, and it's getting more interesting every week.

I am SO pissed I had to work Monday night and subsequently forgot all about Raw and TUF. I'll have to check this episode out Friday or whenever they do the replay.

Leben pissed me off royally at first, but once he spit out the fucking bad ass line about drinking all night and still "putting the stamp on kids" and throwing down the challenge IMMIDIATELY to Josh following the challenge cemented him as a face to me.

I want the guy to light it up on Josh especially after Josh's weak attempt at shit talking "(eyes wide) Look at your face, I can see you're scared". What a fucking joke.

Cheers for the commentary on this episode, guys, I'll be sure not to miss next week's.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I went over to Sherdog and read a thread predicting the fight outcome and some really perceptive people used still shots in the intro to pretty much prove that Josh wins. Some were saying the producers were trying to be deceptive but the final shot shown is pretty damning. Who knows, it kind of sucks if its true.

First of all it is mentioned that Josh was seen at UFC 51 in the crowd with some other housemates, but Chris was not there. This could mean very little since some eliminated fighters were amongst the crowd, but it seems off that if Chris would not be there if he had won, if he had lost though, it would make sense why he wouldn't want to be there. He couldn't put on a happy face, especially with Josh right there. Josh was smiling too. Anyway,

Here is the main evidence:

3 shots of Josh clearly controlling Chris:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/attachment.p...achmentid=23952

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/attachment.p...achmentid=23953

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/attachment.p...achmentid=23954

Ok, those could be written off as just the producers being deceptive and showing Josh in control to mislead us. But then there's this:

http://home.comcast.net/~euph662/joshwins.jpg

Josh looking to be talking smack after the fight, with Herb Dean reaching for his arm to be raised, and Liddell approaching him behind him after victory.

Now, this could just be chalked up to maybe he lost the fight and is pissed and has to be restrained. But then it leads to the smoking gun, a pic that is pretty clearly damning but you would need to really be perceptive and thinking to realise it. I don't see any way the producers could be so clever as to mislead with something like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~euph662/joshk.jpg

A ring girl holds up a Round 2 sign. In the background, a little blurry, you can see Bobby Southworth, Diego Sanchez...and Josh K. The first fight of the season was with Bobby who is shown watching, so it couldn't be from that and the second fight didn't go to a round 2. Therefore it has to be from a later fight.

Josh wins. :-(

Hope this is all wrong though, here's the whole thread: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.p...18&page=1&pp=20

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?FID=1&a=416&TID=0

Bobby Southworth posted a response in the Underground Forums and Forrest makes a cameo :)

So does Yves Edwards who chimes in with some words of wisdom. Is this like some board where all the MMA fighters hang out and chat?

Date: 02/15/05 12:46 PM

78 Total Posts Ignore User

That was some weak shit. Especially if you were "abandoned as a child" like you say. To say to a man that, that the man that is a part of you doesn't love you and wants nothing to do with you and it's your fault is way beyond fucked up, but sometimes in the heat of the moment you say dumb shit. Forgiving you for that is on Leben, but I wouldn't blame him for not doing so. That was some pussy ass shit, but it was you and Leben arguing, Kosheck jumping in was punk. I can see that pussy subconsciously trying to push Chris to act out so that he would fuck up and get kicked off the show so that he wouldn't have to fight him. Chris is so in that bitchs' head it ain't even funny. I'm sure no one cares but my take is that you were and asshole in this instance, but everyone has the potential for that, but Josh K. straight up acted like a punkass bitch.

Yves

I think Koscheck or whatever the fuck his name is will win because he isn't exactly filled with anger and hate towards Leben. Leben, although I think is the better fighter, will be all pissed off and want to hurt Koscheck and that will lead to some sloppy, angry fighting.

To bad to, cause I really really want Koscheck to lose.

Guest Brian

Do they stand to do better if Leben wins or loses? Leben's popularity or the great revenge storyline with Nate Quarry.

Show to show, Leben has been the show's biggest personality, so I'd say the show's entertainment level does better if he sticks around, rather than wait possibly the rest of the season for a revenge match between two relatively non-talkative guys like Quarry & Koscheck (though I liked Nate's "Konichiwa, bitches!" line).

For example, did anyone else feel think Bonnar feeling guilty for not being able to fight in Lodune's place against Southworth would've made a good backstory for those two fighting, even with the friendship only lightly touched on? But hell, who would remember now?

Guest Brian

I think Quarry is different because there was a whole show focused on the shit storm and he was right in the midst of it.

I watched two Leben matches today, v. Doerkson and v. Swick. I have to say that I was impressed with both fights, and I think he could have gotten a decision against Doerkson. I think Joe Doerkson won, but I still think it was very close given the exchanges on the feet. He showed tremendous heart in battling through all those submission attempts. He dominated Swick save for one exchange early in the second, and even then, he knocked him out right after.

I think Leben should win this fight, but he's not really an active fighter on his back, while Koscheck will most likely put him there. He will probably KO him later on in the fight. If not, the judges might give it to Josh since the UFC just loves them some wrestling.