TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Big Punisher was more talented then Biggie n Pac

I don't get way he doesn't get the recognition, but Pun wasa monster lyrically and murdered numerous people on guest tracks (Nas, KRS-One, Common Sense). I understand he released minimal material but so did Big.

Pun was good but I wouldn't put him in GOAT status.

Nah KRS-One is the Goat to me

But he was more talented then them. They have released more classic material (Though I say Capital Punishment is better than any Pac album, Pac has more individual classic tracks, much more) but he was better lyrically and flow wise.

I got the "Yeah Baby" album I thought it was ok. Most of Capitol Punishment and Endangered Species albums I haven't listen to them. I just read alot of his quotables, he definitely a lyricist, but for content and rap fundamentals he's below Pac and Biggie. I give him props for Carrying "Terror Squad" and he made Fat Joe a decent rapper when he was ghostwriting Joe's rhymes. When Pun died, Fat Joe lyrics died. :D

I got the "Yeah Baby" album I thought it was ok. Most of Capitol Punishment and Endangered Species albums I haven't listen to them. I just read alot of his quotables, he definitely a lyricist, but for content and rap fundamentals he's below Pac and Biggie. I give him props for Carrying "Terror Squad" and he made Fat Joe a decent rapper when he was ghostwriting Joe's rhymes. When Pun died, Fat Joe lyrics died. :D

I say his content was better than Biggie's, but yeah get that Capital Punishment right away. One of the best lyrical albums ever.

Fat Joe, I never hated him like others, but yeah Pun definitely ghostwrote his shiit.

Guest theanswer1824

i don't know about being more talented than pac and big but he mos def he was a great lyricist. he would flip patterns and patterns in his delivery and sometimes even do it doubletime. dude could spit fire. and he was incredibly witty. i agree, he doesn't get his props but shiet, people like big l and eazy-e still don't get their props. i blame the media.

comparing his lyrics though to pac and big is a stretch imo. dude can get down but i don't think he can come with various content the way pac and big did.

Big L was a monster too.

Eazy E was great, but a terrible rapper. As in, his gimmick/personality on the mic made him. His lyrical ability and what not were all trash. He even admits that

But he did give me Bizzy Bone, Dre, Cube, MC Ren, DOC and a lot of sick Emcees so, he's cool by me. Plus he has many, mnay classic tracks

"Automobile" is the GOAT track. :D

I'm not sure I'd personally call Rakim the GOAT but he's up there...I never liked Eazy E ever...ever...he was the Flava Flav of NWA...

am I the only one that liked 2Pac's first two albums over his last 3 pre-death albums?

Am I the only one that notices that Fat Joe new found lyrical talents sound remarkably like Remy Martin. Me thinks Joe has found a new ghost writer.

Am I the only one that notices that Fat Joe new found lyrical talents sound remarkably like Remy Martin.  Me thinks Joe has found a new ghost writer.

It's probably Armageddon.

I think its Remy Martin. Armageddon is cool, but he is REALLY hit or miss.

Guest theanswer1824
am I the only one that liked 2Pac's first two albums over his last 3 pre-death albums?

those two albums are great. i love the production between east and west producers. pac's content was also more socially aware and political. when he signed with deathrow, he just played up to the whole mafia image.

Am I the only one that notices that Fat Joe new found lyrical talents sound remarkably like Remy Martin.   Me thinks Joe has found a new ghost writer.

Yeah but Him and Cuban Linx were ghostwriters for Joe along with Pun, and they also wrote for Remi (Obviously not Linx anymore)

Am I the only one that notices that Fat Joe new found lyrical talents sound remarkably like Remy Martin.   Me thinks Joe has found a new ghost writer.

Yeah but Him and Cuban Linx were ghostwriters for Joe along with Pun, and they also wrote for Remi (Obviously not Linx anymore)

Thats the thing, Remy Martin, back when she was Reminice(sp?) had NOTHING to do with the Terror Squad crew. This was before she met Pun and she was lighting it up using her same style as now. she never deviated. Joe on the other hand, his style has suddenly changed and it sounds alot like Remy. I still think it is her.

And Cuban Linx...I can see that on some songs like Lean Back. That verse on New York...thats pure Ms. Martin.

Im going to check if Joe flow and cadence resemble Remy's. Armageddon was writing Joe's stuff for a while, is he still with Terror Squad? Joe sold them out so he could go Plantinum and they still with him. (Except Cuban)