TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Batman5000

How does Clark Kent hide his....

Guest Batman5000

I was just wondering how does Clark Kent hide his Superman boots. The Costume and cape I could see him hiding under his clothes. But his boots, where does he put them. I mean at least Batman changes in the Batcave or his limo.

Meh hes Superman, he can fly home and change them before you can blink an eye....the REAL question is....why does he only do that with his shoes?

Guest Batman5000

I always thought it was kinda of corny in the Superman movies where he would just go in some random car or he'd be flying down from the daily planet window and the costume just appering on.

Does anybody remember that Lois and Clark episode with him in the bathroom stall trying to put his boots on

Guest PlatinumBoy

He folds the costume up into a tiny, tiny ball using his superspeed and stores it with him. It's made out of special stuff, and well--when you can react fast enought to swat bullets away and lift 1,000,000 tons--folding something really really fast and small shouldn't be that hard.

The outfit?

I'm just wondering how the Daily Planet made any money when every reporter there apparently had the instincts and brain power of a tulip.

A building FULL of reporters....thrown off the trail by a pair of glasses.

Guest PlatinumBoy

He does use the mental stuff as UYI said, but also remember, this isn't TV/Movie Superman where he is the only superhero in the world. In DC Clark Kent has interviewed Superman and been seen with him in public many times, with either the old shapeshifting Supergirl or Martian Manhunter taking over as Clark.

I was reading the Batman and Superman comic book the other day; not sure which issue, but it was during the Supergirl storyline.

Anyway, I thought they put forth a really good theory on why no one realizes Clark is Superman: Basically, Superman can do anything he wants, anytime he wants. The people see him as larger then life, a cosmic superbeing who is beyond mere humans.

So why the FUCK would he dress like a human and do normal human things? I mean, really; if you were Superman, would you waste time milling about in an office? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I mean, it doesn't explain away the whole thing, but the fact that no one is LOOKING for Superman dressed as a regular human probably helps him stay hidden.

I was reading the Batman and Superman comic book the other day; not sure which issue, but it was during the Supergirl storyline.

Anyway, I thought they put forth a really good theory on why no one realizes Clark is Superman: Basically, Superman can do anything he wants, anytime he wants. The people see him as larger then life, a cosmic superbeing who is beyond mere humans.

So why the FUCK would he dress like a human and do normal human things? I mean, really; if you were Superman, would you waste time milling about in an office? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I mean, it doesn't explain away the whole thing, but the fact that no one is LOOKING for Superman dressed as a regular human probably helps him stay hidden.

That was sort of the theory that John Byrne used back when he was writing/pencilling the Superman books. Lex Luthor managed to figure out that Clark Kent and Superman were one and the same, but he dismissed that because it wasn't logical (according to him anyway) that a guy as great and as powerful as Superman would lower himself to pass up as a nobody. Actually, quite interesting theory IMO. Maybe Sass can bring up exactly which issue of the series this was.

Nowadays I believe Luthor knows Superman's real identity but I don't know how he found out since I don't follow his series at all.

As for his costume, doesn't everyone use it under their regular clothes? I'm talking about guys like Batman, Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc. Others like Flash used to hide it in his ring (now I think the suit is made up of speed-force or something), of course. Iron Man carries his "suit" in his briefcase. Now THAT is cool!

He folds the costume up into a tiny, tiny ball using his superspeed and stores it with him. It's made out of special stuff, and well--when you can react fast enought to swat bullets away and lift 1,000,000 tons--folding something really really fast and small shouldn't be that hard.

That's the Flash's MO...

I know a guy who looks exactly like David Arquette except he wears glasses. I don't think he actually is David Arquette.

Might be. David needs to find work and be in hiding after making "Eight Legged Freaks".

I always wondered what he did with his wallet.

I remember reading, years agoa when I read comics that when he was being Superman he would rapidly shake his face, so fast that it wasn't noticable ot regular people and because of this shaking no one could get a clear picture of him. So every picture was blurry and as such it couldn't be compared to a picture of Clark Kent. But you do wonder why it took Lois so long to figure it out.

There have been a whole buncha reasons written in the comics on why Kent is never recognized. First of all, like everyone else said, nobody is looking for Superman's "real" identity: the guy wears no mask, so everyone kinda assumes he's Supes 24/7. Also, aside from the glasses Clark supposedly used little psychological tricks like changing his posture, his speaking patterns, all kinds of stuff that only Superman (with his inhumanly precise control over his own body) would be able to pull off long-term.

Yeah, Luthor now knows who Clark really is, thanks to some guy selling him some satellite information that showed his space capsule landing in Smallville all those years ago.

There have been a whole buncha reasons written in the comics on why Kent is never recognized. First of all, like everyone else said, nobody is looking for Superman's "real" identity: the guy wears no mask, so everyone kinda assumes he's Supes 24/7. Also, aside from the glasses Clark supposedly used little psychological tricks like changing his posture, his speaking patterns, all kinds of stuff that only Superman (with his inhumanly precise control over his own body) would be able to pull off long-term.

That's all nice and dandy, but if he's able to remember to do that all the time, how could he forget not to wear his wedding ring? Wasn't there a storyline where someone even took pictures of him wearing the ring and put them on newspapers and stuff? How did he explain that? Is the general public aware that Superman is married or something?

Guest theanswer1824

this thread reminds me of the snl skit where the rock was playing clark kent who was trying to hide the fact he wasn't superman, despite his costume popping out under his work clothes. anyone remember this?

Yeah, Luthor now knows who Clark really is, thanks to some guy selling him some satellite information that showed his space capsule landing in Smallville all those years ago.

Actually Lex doesn't know that Clark is Superman anymore thanks to a villain known as Manchester Black.

Manchester Black tested Superman's "Don't Kill Policy" by attacking Clark's closest friends and making it seem as though he killed Lois. When Superman refused to kill him, he revived Lois and rewarded Superman by erasing Lex's knowledge of Superman's secret identity.

However some big things were revealed this week in three DC Books(Adventures of Superman #636, Teen Titans #20 and Manhunter #6) that possibly set in motion the beginning of the "Crisis" Lex Luthor vowed at the end of Superman/Batman #6. Some of which involves how much he does and doesn't know about Superman.

Since we seem to be making things up as we go... you could say that Clark wears really thick glasses--y'know, the ones that totally change the way his face looks--and uses his x-ray vision to see through them.

According to one of the Batman/Superman issues, White does indeed know that Clark Kent is Superman, and yes I have also read about the different ways Clark disguises himself beyond just his glasses by using different mannerisms, body posture and muscle control.

According to one of the Batman/Superman issues, White does indeed know that Clark Kent is Superman, and yes I have also read about the different ways Clark disguises himself beyond just his glasses by using different mannerisms, body posture and muscle control.

I don't think that Pery White knowing that Clark is Superman has been explored officially. It was only implied by Batman if i remember currently.

He said that just like Jim Gordon is too good a detective not to know who Batman is, Perry White is too good a reporter not to have figured out that Clark is Superman.

Which makes sense to me.

this thread reminds me of the snl skit where the rock was playing clark kent who was trying to hide the fact he wasn't superman, despite his costume popping out under his work clothes. anyone remember this?

I remember it very well.... it was my favorite skit of the night.

I think the face bluring thing is stupid anyways I mean EVERYONE knows what Superman looks like and Im sure that since theres a statue of him somewhere then someone has done a few drawings or paintings of the guy.

And don't forget there have been times when Clark and Superman have been seen together. Like after Superman come back after being killed by Doomsday they found Clark under the rubble of his apartment and he was found by Superman and they took a pic of Supes, Clark, and Lois together.

Clark was really Supergirl when she could do have shapeshifter thing.

Guest PlatinumBoy
Wait, how was Superman and Clark seen together? That doesn't make any sense.

Superman has friends who are shape shifters--namely the former Supergirl and Martian Manhunter. Both of them have appeared as either Clark or Supes with Superman playing the other. Supergirl was Superman when he saved Clark (the real Superman) from rubble post Doomsday to fool the public. Martian Manhunter I believe has interviewed Superman as Clark, and I know in JLA when the new team was formed by Morrision--when Prometheus attacked--Manhunter was Clark then as well while Energy Superman stayed himself.

We know Clark and Superman are the same, but if you were an average Joe in the DC world and saw Superman WITH Clark Kent multiple times, you'd probably just think, "Hey these guys look kinda similiar!" But you wouldn't think they were the same, obviously.