TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NFL Offseason/Pre-Draft Thread

Eagles took the franchise tag off Corey Simon. Can't say I'm too upset since the DTs in his place have looked good so far and his ass being out of shape was one of the reasons why the Eagles run defense sucked the first part of last year. Besides, now they have $5 million to use on extensions for Westbrook and Michael Lewis.

I doubt Simon will get the Kris Jenkins-type contract that he's looking for. Then again, there is one man will will definitely overpay for him....

Snyder.jpg

Pats released Rohan Davey ... unless Belichick has his eyes on an outsider, it looks like it's Brady / Flutie / Cassell.

/crosses fingers that Brady stays healthy all year

Guest Vitamin X

With Grady Jackson and Cletidus Hunt both hobbled and underwhelming the few times they have been healthy, Green Bay should take a good look at Simon, that is if noone else throws a ridiculous amount of money at him.

Which would be interesting, since I really wanted them to take Simon in the draft back then... and even worse, considering that Green Bay has needed a first-round caliber defensive lineman since then, and possibly before.

The Saints might have to play at Baton Rouge or wherever the heck it is that LSU is at.

Not sure if that has really been mentioned as to where the Saints will play.

Reports say the Patriots may be interested in him.

As a Bengals fan, I'll say this, IF he is 100% healthy he can be a good contributor to a team.

So what's the scoop on WR Michael Jenkins? Is he worth a waiver wire pickup in Fantasy Football land now that Price is gone? I keep getting conflicting reports about him.

Reports say the Patriots may be interested in him.

As a Bengals fan, I'll say this, IF he is 100% healthy he can be a good contributor to a team.

The Pats are overly stacked at WR as it is ... if they sign Warrick, they'll have to waive a receiver that most assuredly will end up on another team. I'd rather they stick with what they have.

Guest *KNK*

Warrick can offer a team alot, as a receiver and as a return man. He won't have issues finding a job quickly. I agree that if he can manage his health, he will be a huge contributer to a team.

Philadelphia certainly should have an eye on him, He plays hard and has no attitude and unlike the other non T.O WR's on the Eagles, Warrick has enough expierence.

It wasn't an issue of Warrick not being good enough for the Bengals team that got him cut, but his injuries piled up and the bengals had already established a solid core at the position, where Warrick could no longer fulfill.

Everyone expected him to a headache all because of that incident @ Florida St and yet Warrick was a model team-mate and citizen.

So what's the scoop on WR Michael Jenkins? Is he worth a waiver wire pickup in Fantasy Football land now that Price is gone? I keep getting conflicting reports about him.

No. Atlanta is a running team with one back over 1000 yards, the QB near a thousand and their back up getting 600 yards. If you are getting 2600 yards out of the backfield and a big play TE, you aren't going to get big numbers from the reciever position. He MIGHT get some of those gimmie touchdowns, or I could be wrong and the Falcons are looking to air it out this year, but stay away from Falcons recievers.

As for Peerless Price, he would be a great pick up for a team that is pass heavy. Philly should get him and Warrick honestly, because their receiving corp is pretty weak.

Good point, Ripper. That point was why I questioned why T.O. was hinting he wanted to go to Atlanta. Has he figured out they are a running team? Vick has physical talent up the wazoo, but he hasn't shown he'll be getting the ball downfield unless he is the one running it there.

From SI's NFL Preview Issue:

Wild-Card Playoffs

Cowboys over Vikings

Ravens over Jets

Falcons over Rams

Steelers over Chiefs

Divisional Playoffs

Panthers over Cowboys

Colts over Steelers

Eagles over Falcons

Patriots over Ravens

Championship Games

NFC: Panthers over Eagles

AFC: Colts over Patriots

Super Bowl XL

Panthers 31, Colts 27

Um...

Scouting Reports and Projected Records

He just wants to be the guy that said "Oh look I said Carolina would go all the way and now look"

Yeah this sounds like his Seattle pick last year. Doesn't bother me much. Nowhere as bad as Merril Hoge's "Eagles go 8-8 and Redskins win the NFC East" pick from last year.

Anyway it's apparently been reported that the Pats, Cowboys, and another team contacted Price's agent and that Price called up the Eagles and Seahawks. Also Clayton said that the Eagles may have been talking with Warrick. I personally think that if they get a receiver that it'll be Price, since he already knows some of the WCO from Greg Knapp and can do Pinkston's job and not be a total pussy doing it unlike Todd was...

From SI's NFL Preview Issue:

Wild-Card Playoffs

Cowboys over Vikings

Ravens over Jets 

Falcons over Rams 

Steelers over Chiefs 

Divisional Playoffs

Panthers over Cowboys 

Colts over Steelers 

Eagles over Falcons 

Patriots over Ravens

Championship Games

NFC: Panthers over Eagles

AFC: Colts over Patriots

Super Bowl XL

Panthers 31, Colts 27

Um...

Scouting Reports and Projected Records

Cowboys making it to the Divisional Rnd of the playoffs? I mean are you f'n kidding me? Have they seen Drew Bledsoe disgracing the football field this preseason?

And the fact that they have them beating the Vikings makes it even worse. Julius Jones just isn't that good. He may rush for 1,000 yards at the max. And I thought FoxSports' Power Rankings were bad...

He just wants to be the guy that said "Oh look I said Carolina would go all the way and now look"

Yeah this sounds like his Seattle pick last year. Doesn't bother me much. Nowhere as bad as Merril Hoge's "Eagles go 8-8 and Redskins win the NFC East" pick from last year.

Anyway it's apparently been reported that the Pats, Cowboys, and another team contacted Price's agent and that Price called up the Eagles and Seahawks. Also Clayton said that the Eagles may have been talking with Warrick. I personally think that if they get a receiver that it'll be Price, since he already knows some of the WCO from Greg Knapp and can do Pinkston's job and not be a total pussy doing it unlike Todd was...

Warrick is already on his way to Seattle for a visit.

And the fact that they have them beating the Vikings makes it even worse. Julius Jones just isn't that good. He may rush for 1,000 yards at the max. And I thought FoxSports' Power Rankings were bad...

I think Julius Jones will be fine, if and only if the Dallas line can open gaping holes for him, however I do think his potential to be a leading rusher in this league is highly unwarranted and overrated at this point.

However, Drew Bledsoe is awful, he was never a top QB, even under Parcells, he was a QB that put up a lot of stats but would always choke on the big throws when they mattered the most, and considering the WRs and overall Offense is not as good as some teams he has been on in the past, I don't see him having a great year in 2005. He will be serviceable, but so was Vinny in 2004.

I understand the Cowboys being a 8-8 Team, an improved team, but 10-6 and into the Divisional Playoffs........get the hell outta here.

If the Colts start losing another playoff game IN Foxboro, Manning is going to lose it and start capping the Pats defense on the field, "Last Boy Scout" style.

Sidenote: Anyone think it is time to take NFL discussion to a brand new thread? Maybe a countdown to kickoff thread, because damn, this is 38 pages long, and it isn't really the offseason anymore..............

anyone?