TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

You can't catch "teh ghey"....

Where to Look for Gay Genes

Genome analysis reveals chromosome regions influencing male sexual orientation

Betterhumans Staff

1/27/2005 3:26 PM

The locations of genes influencing male sexual orientation have been identified in a genome analysis of men in families with multiple gay brothers.

The research confirms biological origins of homosexuality while underscoring that there is no single "gay gene."

"Sexual orientation is a complex trait, so it's not surprising that we found several DNA regions involved in its expression," says researcher Brian Mustanski of the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Runs in the family

Working with colleagues at the National Institutes of Health, Mustanski analyzed the genome of 456 men from 146 families with two or more gay brothers.

Unlike earlier studies focusing just on the X chromosome, this study looked at the X as well as all 22 pairs of non-sex chromosomes. (The Y chromosome was ignored because it's not thought to contain many genes.)

The researchers found identical strings of DNA on chromosomes 7, 8 and 10 that were shared by 60% of gay brothers in the study. The region on chromosome 10, however, was only linked with sexual orientation if it was inherited from the mother.

"Our study helps to establish that genes play an important role in determining whether a man is gay or heterosexual," says Mustanski. "The next steps will be to see if these findings can be confirmed and to identify the particular genes within these newly discovered chromosomal sequences that are linked to sexual orientation."

http://www.betterhumans.com/News/news.aspx...ID=2005-01-27-3

Guest sek69
Runs in the family

The reason we have gay men is because gay men are fucking women? :huh:

No, its because men that have the gene are fucking women. I have a half-brother who is gay, and my dad was decidedly not. However my dad's ex-wife had an uncle or something who was gay so perhaps the gene was on her side.

Chris Rock explained it all to me.

"You don't like gays? You're gonna have a gay son."

That's good enough for me.

I don't care where it came from, it is not going to do a damn thing to make people accept it. People who hate gays are just going to say, "See! It's a disease!"

The only way we will even move the country closer to being able to accept the lifestyle is to quit studying it like it's a god damn space rock.

Would that be considered a hate crime?

No, because Jobber's joke was still in the womb...

Okay....abortion jokes?

I just froze.

Don't you impose your self-righteous views on what constitutes a joke and what does not constitute a joke on me. :angry:

And don't forget to pray for the safety of my newly born joke that will someday grow up and be another tired one-line gag like "OMG...LOL2005..."

Honestly, could you choose to be gay? I sure couldn't. I could choose to have sex with a man, I still wouldn't be attracted to men.

Why would someone who is in all other respects happily married eventualy spill the beans that he's gay? doesn't make sense to me if it's a choice, but it happens.

People don't choose to be gay.

If people could choose whether to be gay or not, there'd be a lot less gay people. Seriously; why would you want to be gay, knowing how gay people are treated?

Because you love the cock?

Guest Loss

Would everyone agree that sexuality is a sense of being, not a sense of doing? A homosexual isn't a person who sleeps with men, but rather a person who is attracted to men. Right?

But we all choose what we are attracted too, right? So it must be a choice to be gay.

I mean, the only reason people are straight is because they want to be to be. All they have to do is say, hey I will be sexually aroused by penis now, and POOF it happens. Its just that simple. Sexual attraction is just like a switch. None of us are actually attracted to good looking women, that just what we have chosen for now. I mean, all we have to do is think it and we will be attracted to grossly obese, bed ridden 600+ lb women. The only reason people are gay is because they want to be.

Seriously.

:huh: