TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmazingRen

Worst WWE PPV you've ever ordered?

Royal Rumble 95.

Taker / IRS was pure filth. And what happens after? We get the beginnings of a Taker / Bundy feud. Hooray!

Bret / Diesel was ... how does JR put it, like kissing your sister?

The Rumble match itself was probably the worst to date. The lack of talent and the 60-second intervals killed it for me. Yes, Shawn went from bell to bell but when the match itself lasted all of 37 minutes ... big deal.

Thankfully I missed out on KOTR 95. I bought GAB 95 the week before and my parents wouldn't let me get both.

WrestleMania XIII was bad. It's a one match show, IMO. For several reasons (money, crappy product, college), that was the last WWE PPV I ordered until WrestleMania X-7.

I'm very picky about what shows I'll drop $30 to see but I'll definately get the Rumble tonight.

No Way Out 2003.

The ultimate in pre-Mania filler.

Hey, at least you got the debut of the greatest entrance ever.

Oh yes. I was pissed they cut his entrance in half. The LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG video and entrance was PERFECT for the heel Hollywood Rock.

No Way Out 2003.

The ultimate in pre-Mania filler.

Hey, at least you got the debut of the greatest entrance ever.

It was pretty cool.

I think I liked the shorter one better, though. Especially with the "look at the tongue" edited out.

It's like a freaking religious experience when I watched it the first time. The long entrance was so much better than the shorter one.

I can't stand he doesn't use it anymore. He's used his Volume 4 theme more than enough.

Wrestlemania 2 wasn't all that good you know.

How come I never hear that?

Underrated. Piper/T was entertaining, as was the Battle Royal, probably my favourite non-Rumble Battle Royal in company history. Hogan/Bundy was as expected, not worse. Tito&JYD/Funk Brothers was good, and Bulldogs/Dream Team was great for the time.

I actually like II far more than the first one. Wrestlemania I had nothing, except for a fun tag title match (but not nearly as good as either WM 2 tag matches), and an okay tag main event.

Definitely KOTR 1999. Even as a mark, I knew what I had just watched was shit. Although, the WWF had my interest when Steve Blackman was almost inserted into the main event, but they disappointed me, yet again.

Honorable Mentions go to...

KOTR 1997

Unforgiven 2000

Armageddon 2002

And I was going to order KOTR 2002, but backed out at the last second because I had to do something else. Smart move.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

I can't believe any of you don't recall a certain Tuesday, a Tuesday in Texas, surely the most magnificent PPV ever. Bret Hart had his first Iron Man match ever against Skinner. The Warlord also tried to wrestle. I think Randy Savage killed Jake Roberts or something as well. I was woozy after the Bret-Skinner match and don't recall exactly. It was surely something to see.

for me Invasion. All that hype had me excited so I bought it at the last minute, and boy did I pay for that in more ways than one. dreadful card with only hardy/rvd being any good (and even that was overrated) and the main event 10 man tag being decent in spots but dissapointing. that and the stupid Austin joining WCW at the end thing . really bad ppv

in Second place, maybe King of the Ring 2000 (well my dad bought it for me as a high school graduation present-it occuring just 2 days after my graduation) Sure Kurt Angle won, but the show was horrible. Bad, short matches, and the hardcore evening gown match-shudder and the rock pinning vince mcmahon to become wwf champion. What a classic

man i cant even compete with you guys. why would you even order those shows lol

actually i cant lie, as a 12 year old mark in 95 I wanted to see KOTR (mainly cuz I was becoming a big HBK mark and also wanted to see bret hart destory lawler and Diesel and BBB win and I thought it would be worth it since there would be a lot of matches due to the tourney) but my dad wouldnt let me since he had paid 40 bucks for wm 11(cuz he ordered it the day of the event) . However I was able to get IYH 2 the next month mainly cuz it was only 14.95 but at least I got the HBK-JJ Ic title classic

Guest Lawlerm
Judgment Day 00

That was one of the BEST shows they've ever done. All the title matches were great and the opener was pretty good as well.

Everything from the Royal Rumble 2000 up to, and including, Judgment Day 2000 was as good as WWE's ever been.

Judgment Day 00

That was one of the BEST shows they've ever done. All the title matches were great and the opener was pretty good as well.

Everything from the Royal Rumble 2000 up to, and including, Judgment Day 2000 was as good as WWE's ever been.

I agree. didnt see it live but I bought the vhs tape months later. just watched it last month and its still excellent

also had gerald brisco as hardcore champ classic

for me Invasion. All that hype had me excited so I bought it at the last minute, and boy did I pay for that in more ways than one. dreadful card with only hardy/rvd being any good (and even that was overrated) and the main event 10 man tag being decent in spots but dissapointing. that and the stupid Austin joining WCW at the end thing . really bad ppv

The orginal Invasion was a far cry from worst WWE PPV. Yes RVD/Hardy was awesome, but Austin turning on WWE to help WCW had me pumped. It was the execution of the whole deal after this that made the invasion terrible.

Actually that first 3 hour IYH wasn't a really horrible show. Bret/Patriot was at least a solid match, and Michaels/UT was a good brawl before the NC.

Armageddon 99 was a show that had huge storyline implications though as HHH beat Vince when Steph turned. Besides, that was the show where The Kat showed her tits. Hell that was a GOOD show, haha.

The worst WWE PPV to me was the Unforgiven 2002 show. HHH/RVD for the title, Taker/Brock for title. It was just the most depressed I've ever felt as a WWF fan. That show basically killed Van Dam as any sort of main event player, and then to kick me in the nuts they had a no decision for the UT/Brock main event.