TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

The OAO SmackDown! Thread for 2/17/05

So judging from what happened this week on RAW and Smackdown:

-HBK will be at No Way Out and interfere in the Angle-Cena match

-Batista will arrive at NWO and will be 'arrested' for destruction of property

-JBL will retain to keep his title and continue his record of longest champion since 1996.

That's what I can see.

I don't see HBK interfering in Angle/Cena. Why not put Cena over clean here, since he's the next big babyface, and then have HBK challenge Angle on RAW now that he knows Angle isn't challenging for the WWE title?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Or have a confronation backstage after Angle loses or rather before where Shawn teases to Angle he'll screw angle during the match, taking Angle out of his gameplan by waiting for the HBK interference that never comes.

This is why Batista is the man. He even makes the played out "babyface destroys heel's property" scene cool.

Goldberg tries to be a hard ass and ends up fucking up his arm. Way to go, genius. :bonk:

As for Batista? Roll up the sleeves, methodically bash the windows of the limo, tear off the bull horns, then use the side mirror to adjust your tie and touch up your sideburns. OWNAGE. :headbang:

Guest Phenom

I think that Batista will interfier with the Angle/Cena match to cost Cena the chance of a...month. He'll feud with Dave following his trade to RAW.

The Batista scene backstage was AWESOME. Seriously, he came in with a fucking nice car, dressed up in his pimp suit, casually walked in, turned back, and with a style only Batista can offer destroyed JBL's limo, even showing his sadistic smile, and went and kicked ass. Batista is awesome.

Or have a confronation backstage after Angle loses or rather before where Shawn teases to Angle he'll screw angle during the match, taking Angle out of his gameplan by waiting for the HBK interference that never comes.

Or Situation 3:

On Raw, when Teddy Long comes on to try to get Batista to sign the contract but doesn't, Shawn takes it and signs it, going to Smackdown himself.

I must watch my Smackdown tape when I get home just for the Batista stuff. Their saying he'd be there made me want to watch Smackdown for the first time in a good while, as opposed to me meaning to watch the tape so I wouldn't be in the dark when going to the sports bar for the PPV.

I was feeling him a year ago to an extent as the monster enforcer dude in Evolution. It just took that Wrestlemania promo of Orton's where Batista didn't even say a word to get us all to truly notice him.

Or Situation 3:

On Raw, when Teddy Long comes on to try to get Batista to sign the contract but doesn't, Shawn takes it and signs it, going to Smackdown himself.

Well, HBK DOES like to steal contracts like that...

I thought SD was decent, with Cena-Book being better than I was expecting. The girls coming out in the middle of the 6-man was rediculous.

At NWO, I'm thinking that they put Cena-Angle on last, with Cena getting the face win to close the show, as opposed to a heel JBL win.

Nitpicky thing:

This doesn't just pertain strictly to SD!, but Michael Cole seems to do this more than anyone.

"An enzugiri to the back of the head!"

Isn't an enzugiri, by it's very nature, a kick to the back of the head? I don't speak Japanese, but from what I've read, that's the definition of an enzugiri. That annoys me almost as much as when wrestlers like Trish and Edge are introduced as hailing from "Toronto, Canada", as if the province of Ontario doesn't exist. :angry:

Regardless, the show was pretty decent, especially the cruiserweight match. I hope the NWO 6-way dance gets a decent amount of time, although seeing how the SD! match was interrupted by the slut display, I have my doubts.

At NWO, I'm thinking that they put Cena-Angle on last, with Cena getting the face win to close the show, as opposed to a heel JBL win.

Yeah but wouldn't the amount of time needed to setup the and tear down the cage neccesitate having that match as the last match?

Yeah but wouldn't the amount of time needed to setup the and tear down the cage neccesitate having that match as the last match?

I've been under the assumption that the cage is the same cage they always use, just with barbed wire on top and maybe some on the sides, so it would probably just be hanging above the ring, like usual.

Nitpicky thing:

This doesn't just pertain strictly to SD!, but Michael Cole seems to do this more than anyone.

"An enzugiri to the back of the head!"

Isn't an enzugiri, by it's very nature, a kick to the back of the head?

Enziguri = Backbrain Kick.

So, yes.

Guest Stress Truck
Good promo by both Cena and Angle.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that same conversation, almost word for word, bewteen Will and Carlton on the Fresh Prince of Belair. Doesn't make it a bad thing.

Guest Ransome
The Batista scene backstage was AWESOME. Seriously, he came in with a fucking nice car, dressed up in his pimp suit, casually walked in, turned back, and with a style only Batista can offer destroyed JBL's limo, even showing his sadistic smile, and went and kicked ass. Batista is awesome.

More than anything I've seen yet, this bit solidified Batista as a top tier guy.

How come they're managing to play to Batista's strengths so well while they failed so completely with Orton's big push?

I missed the promo, what did they say?

(Paraphrased)

Angle interupted Cena's interview with Josh Matthews, and said he couldn't believe someone like Cena thought he could be in the main event of Wrestlemania. He said that a punk like him didn't belong in the WWE and pointed out that when Cena came from the stands in his first match that he beat him.

Cena responded, stating that he was tired of Angle saying he didn't belong and that he didn't deserve to be here. He says that Angle beat him, but that he was this this close to getting the victory then. Cena said that the difference then was that he was hungry and that Angle wasn't. He finishes, saying that when he meets Kurt at No Way Out, he won't be some young punk from the stands. He'll be one hungry son of a bitch.

Guest Stress Truck

How come they're managing to play to Batista's strengths so well while they failed so completely with Orton's big push?

Batista's strengths are much more prominent. Orton's biggest strength was/is his looks and his ability to put on a decent match-not so much lately. He can't cut a promo very well or act at all. Batista can do all of that, and some would say better than orton in the match/looks department.

I missed the promo, what did they say?

(Paraphrased)

Angle interupted Cena's interview with Josh Matthews, and said he couldn't believe someone like Cena thought he could be in the main event of Wrestlemania. He said that a punk like him didn't belong in the WWE and pointed out that when Cena came from the stands in his first match that he beat him.

Cena responded, stating that he was tired of Angle saying he didn't belong and that he didn't deserve to be here. He says that Angle beat him, but that he was this this close to getting the victory then. Cena said that the difference then was that he was hungry and that Angle wasn't. He finishes, saying that when he meets Kurt at No Way Out, he won't be some young punk from the stands. He'll be one hungry son of a bitch.

Thanks.

It does sound a bit like that episode where Will says Carlton can't hang in the hood because he's too soft at the beginning.

Smackdown did a 3.2 rating last night based on the fast nationals, which are generally within .1 of what the final number will come in as. The appearance of Dave Batista led to the only good quarter on the show.

Credit - WO.com