TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

A Few Good Men WM Promo

One thing I didn't like about it (and this is nitpicking) is that if JBL and Cena are feuding and, in theory storyline-wise, don't like each other, why are they getting together to film a movie spoof?

Stuff like that always bugs me.

They should parody Quint's "Ya'll know me..." speech from JAWS.

The best person to do it would be Austin, although he's no longer an active wrestler.

And another person would be Kurt Angle.

Guest INXS

Amazing promo, all these movie promos have been great, some of the best stuff WWE have ever done.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
I was disappointed that they actually did a serious interpretation of a scene from "A Few Good Man" instead of a silly spoof, but I still liked it. Cena was really good in this one, as was Bradshaw. I had no idea they had it in them.

Still, my favorite so far has been the "Forrest Gump" one with Eugene. That was just great.

"Run, Eugene, Run!"

Regel's delivery actually ruined that one for me.

"A Few Good Men " spoof was unfunny and painful to watch, I can't believe WWE management counts on these 2 untalented bags of crap to actually carry SD as champions.

"A Few Good Men " spoof was unfunny and painful to watch, I can't believe WWE management counts on these 2 untalented bags of crap to actually carry SD as champions.

What does a movie spoof have to do with being champions?

Of all the promos, the only time I laughed was Flair kissing HHH's ass on the Bravehhheart spoof. It was just like real life . . . Raw that is, not Braveheart . . . "You've never looked finer champ. Woooooo!!!"

Of all the promos, the only time I laughed was Flair kissing HHH's ass on the Bravehhheart spoof. It was just like real life . . . Raw that is, not Braveheart . . . "You've never looked finer champ. Woooooo!!!"

Same here. It was funny exposing Flair as his only ally/fan.

I was disappointed that they actually did a serious interpretation of a scene from "A Few Good Man" instead of a silly spoof, but I still liked it. Cena was really good in this one, as was Bradshaw. I had no idea they had it in them.

Still, my favorite so far has been the "Forrest Gump" one with Eugene. That was just great.

"Run, Eugene, Run!"

Regel's delivery actually ruined that one for me.

Agreed.

Humongus wouldn't be happy unless RVD held every title in the WWE. :rolleyes:

Humongus wouldn't be happy unless RVD held every title in the WWE. :rolleyes:

The fact that they don't have any acting talent whatsoever and JBL is the most uncharismatic WWE champion in the ring, backstage, and now in a movie spoof.

One thing I didn't like about it (and this is nitpicking) is that if JBL and Cena are feuding and, in theory storyline-wise, don't like each other, why are they getting together to film a movie spoof?

Stuff like that always bugs me.

My thoughts exactly.

Cheers.

The fact that they don't have any acting talent whatsoever and JBL is the most uncharismatic WWE champion in the ring, backstage, and now in a movie spoof.

JBL's uncharismatic? Soooo... marks boo him for the fuck of it?

I won't comment on the "don't have any acting talent" line on a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING messageboard. JBL and Cena totally rocked it, end of story.

They need to have a Sci-Fi one next. They've already done the historical drama, the suspense, the... whatever you'd classify Pulp Fiction as (I mean, I find it hilarious enough to be a really dark comedy), and the courtroom/military drama.

Off-topic for a minute: Dose Humongous2002 had ANYTHING to a wrestling discussion besides "push RVD!" and his ever so clever "Crapshaw" line? He's exactly what is wrong with this folder and no one has ever said anything about his constant trolling and lack of any redeemable qualities.

On-Topic: JBL really kicked ass in that commercial. I can't believe he is the same guy that used to be the APA Bradshaw. He has to be one of the top three promo guys in the WWE. Also, every WM21 commercial does not have to be a "spoof." Not every Hollywood movie is a comedy so let the WWE play a few of them straight, nothing wrong with that.

Off-topic for a minute: Dose Humongous2002 had ANYTHING to a wrestling discussion besides "push RVD!" and his ever so clever "Crapshaw" line? He's exactly what is wrong with this folder and no one has ever said anything about his constant trolling and lack of any redeemable qualities.

On-Topic: JBL really kicked ass in that commercial. I can't believe he is the same guy that used to be the APA Bradshaw. He has to be one of the top three promo guys in the WWE. Also, every WM21 commercial does not have to be a "spoof." Not every Hollywood movie is a comedy so let the WWE play a few of them straight, nothing wrong with that.

Damn straight. I was watching it waiting for the punch line, but I never got it. But afterwards, I didn't care. It was still damn good. JBL may be the best interview on Smackdown. He always had solid promos in the past, but he's been on fire as champion. He had that whole speech down perfect and played the part well. John Cena did his part solid as well. It was one of their best ones yet.

I've got the commercials in this order right now.

1. Basic Instinct

2. Few Good Men

3. Braveheart

4. Forrest Gump

5. Pulp Fiction

Yeah he has improved in his promo's a lot lately. From a beer drinking, ass kicking guy from Texas to a rich mofo who cuts one of the best promo's in a while.... I am a JBL-promo mark, from now on whenever he starts to talk I'm going to mark, but when he wrestles I'll....do an impression of one of his amazing interviews :ph34r:

His promo to Batista was awesome, his promo at No Way Out was one of the best interviews in a while and the Few Good Men trailer made me a full fledged JBL fan. Keep the WWE Title on JBL, 'cause I want more :cheers:

Guest M. Harry Smilac

The fact they played in the previous Big Show match is what brought it above just decent.Still not as good as the Basic Instinct commercial.

Off-topic for a minute: Dose Humongous2002 had ANYTHING to a wrestling discussion besides "push RVD!" and his ever so clever "Crapshaw" line?  He's exactly what is wrong with this folder and no one has ever said anything about his constant trolling and lack of any redeemable qualities.

On-Topic: JBL really kicked ass in that commercial. I can't believe he is the same guy that used to be the APA Bradshaw. He has to be one of the top three promo guys in the WWE.  Also, every WM21 commercial does not have to be a "spoof." Not every Hollywood movie is a comedy so let the WWE play a few of them straight, nothing wrong with that.

Dose you know how to type in english??

I don't know why you are bringing up RVD since he is not even mentioned in any of my replies for this topic.

Off-topic for a minute: Dose Humongous2002 had ANYTHING to a wrestling discussion besides "push RVD!" and his ever so clever "Crapshaw" line?  He's exactly what is wrong with this folder and no one has ever said anything about his constant trolling and lack of any redeemable qualities.

On-Topic: JBL really kicked ass in that commercial. I can't believe he is the same guy that used to be the APA Bradshaw. He has to be one of the top three promo guys in the WWE.  Also, every WM21 commercial does not have to be a "spoof." Not every Hollywood movie is a comedy so let the WWE play a few of them straight, nothing wrong with that.

Dose you know how to type in english??

I don't know why you are bringing up RVD since he is not even mentioned in any of my replies for this topic.

You're the last person that should criticize anyones english. The point stands you add nothing to a discussion.

I'm not the only one who noticed then.

I'd estimate 9/10 of his posts are bitching about Bradshaw or praising RVD. Which isn't wrong. Until it becomes more of a gimmick than Anglesault was. Hell, at least Anglesault gave reasons for what he posted. You never get that with humongous.