TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Matt Hardy speaks on he and Lita splitting

Guest Tjhe CyNick

But the point is, clearly the WWE does NOT have a policy where employees are resticted from dating each other. There are multiple different examples of two WWE workers getting together, some get married, some dont and others would have got married but it was illegal (well at the time it was anyway).

On top of that, from a punishment standpoint it would be a tough if I were an employee of a company and I slept with a co-worker's woman, and then got punished for it, to then see the boss' daughter married to another one of my co-workers after she did the same thing I did. True life isn't fair, but if we're talking about rules for a publically traded company, well there should be some sense of fairness there.

As for the "problems" caused by switching guys, what problems is it going to create if Matt goes back to SD? Is there some major angle that he's involved in that will be killed if he goes to SD? Its not like Matt vs Kane was going to do any business, so where's the beef? Matt goes to SD, Edge and Lita stay on RAW, and whatever happens between them happens.

I agree that in an ideal world people wouldn't cause these kinds of problems, because even though in this case it involves a guy that is doing nothing, what if it happened between two guys who were working major programs? Then that might screw some things up. But people are human, they have sex, they cheat on people, it happens.

I just wish the WWE would either stay out of people's personal lives altogether, or at the very leats be consistant about the "rules" they punish people for breaking.

If they really wanted to punish Edge & Lita, have them work a program with Matt Hardy where Hardy gets to beat both of them up in the ring.

I'm sure the old timers like Taker and the crazy fucks like Holly would push for that.

And I'm sure Matthew Hardy wouldn't mind either.

Guest MikeSC
Man, Lita is really getting off free here in this thread. Unless I missed Metz confirm this, its still pure speculation that it is in fact Edge. The Torch make shit up a lot, and this Edge thing was posted AFTER Hardys webiste said it was a close friend who fucked him over. I wouldnt put it past the Torch to pick a close freind of Matts and see if it works.

I think Lita should be getting WAY more heat for this than she is.

I have to agree. After reading that piece, I totally forgot that Amy was off the road for about a year and, apparently, Matt didn't cheat once --- but Amy couldn't go, what, 6 months?

And the WWE HAS fired people for getting involved with married wrestlers before. Remember Holly/BB?

-=Mike

Guest Tjhe CyNick
What's your point?

Yes I know WWE can do what they want but I'm saying if all this is true- Edge shouldn't be depushed for doing Lita

I dont know if you are talking to me, but I agree with you

From Meltzer Update Today

"Matt Hardy is scheduled to attend Raw tomorrow night in Raleigh. I don't believe he's scheduled to appear on television.

--As for more on that, as Edge's match was beginning last night in Greensboro, a front row fan had a sign saying "Edge betrayed V1."

Score One for the SIGN GUY

I think he shouldn't be dupushed, but you can't have Edge/Lita and Matt Hardy on the same show. Something's gonna explode. Move Hardy or Edge and Lita over to Smackdown. That's the only thing I can see right now the WWE doing.

At the Greensboro, N.C. house show last night, there was a fan holding up a sign that read "Edge Betrayed Matt" followed by chants of "You screwed Matt." It's assumed by many that Matt Hardy and Edge were both scheduled to be part of the six-person ladder match at WrestleMania due to their history in TLC matches. Sources in WWE say that at this point it is considered "off the table" to book Hardy and Edge in the same ring given the personal issues between them, "unless they want a real fight to break out" says one WWE wrestler to PWTorch.

At the Greensboro, N.C. house show last night, there was a fan holding up a sign that read "Edge Betrayed Matt" followed by chants of "You screwed Matt."

They shoulda chanted "You Screwed Lita." Bah...

Here's what I think:

What Edge did was definatley wrong and it was absolutley stupid considering he's on his SECOND marriage and only a few months into it. Though thinking realistically, I doubt the WWE would do anything about this, at worst, like what was said before, he'll get the same punishment Holly did for shooting on Dupree.

And Lita is JUST as wrong as Edge is. Both of them should be ashamed of what they've done to a human being like Matt. I really can't blame Matt if he wants to murder those two now.

What's your point?

Yes I know WWE can do what they want but I'm saying if all this is true- Edge shouldn't be depushed for doing Lita

They shouldn't in your perspecitve, they should in mine, but what WILL happen is in WWE's hands. This is my point.

As for fairness in HHH/Steph...is there any proof of their relationship like there is with Edge/Lita? And Chyna and HHH were not married.

Guest jm29195

Well this confirms it....

Matt Hardy is scheduled to attend RAW tomorrow. No word on if he will actually work any matches or segments. [WrestlingObserver.com]

- Matt Hardy's official website is down but a good friend of his posted the following on the Xtreme Boards detailing what happened between Lita, Matt, and Edge, leading to Hardy's split with Lita. This does appear to be Hardy's version of the story. Lita and Edge have yet to make any comment on the situation.

Let's first start off by saying that Matt Hardy has given me permission to post this thread concerning the situation between himself and Amy (Lita).

For those who do not know me and even for those who do, I do not make a lot of posts, nor do I like rumors and gossip. I have been very upset by the threads and posts I have read here about the situation at hand. I will tell you what Matt has told me. I will not go into every detail, but you will understand what has happened. First and foremost, I have nothing personally against Amy; she has always been nice and respectful to me.

As we all know, Amy broke her neck and was out for 16 months. During this time Matt being on the road had nothing on his mind but getting home to take care of Amy. Matt has a very large fan base, and I have been to several shows, I have heard what fans says about The Hardys and other wrestlers and what they would like to do to, or with them, but Matt caring only for Amy was very supportive while Amy was at home rehabbing and getting ready to come back to the WWE. Matt never compromised Amy's integrity, but as he stated to me, all he wanted to do was get home to his girl.

The Kane, Matt , Lita and baby saga ended with Matt having to have knee surgery. Matt had his surgery at the end of August 2004. Amy was back with the WWE and things seemed to be going fine. September 2004 Adam Copeland (Edge) was getting married for the second time. Matt, Amy, Jeff, and Beth all attended the wedding. Jeff Hardy told me he remembered sitting at the wedding and seeing Matt and Amy in front of him and he looks back now and can't believe that this has happened to them, as Jeff told me "I thought they would always be together." If you remember December 5th was the night Amy won the Women's Championship from Trish in Charlotte, (Matt's dad and myself attended that show) I remember the bump Amy took when she jumped out of the ring onto Trish and I though she had re-injured her neck again.

On our way home, I called Matt to see if Amy was okay, and he told me that she was real sore and would be okay. I even talked to him the next day to check on her status. Then in January 2005 a rematch for the title, Amy and Trish wrestled again and this is when Amy hurt her knee. Amy was on her way to Birmingham, Alabama to have her knee surgery and Matt was driving to meet with her, concerned and had nothing but Amy on his mind, because she was having the same surgery he had just undergone himself. While in transit to see Amy, Matt received a phone call from Edge's wife wanting to know why Edge and Amy were calling each other several times a day. Matt did not have an answer for that, so he thought something just didn't seem right, so he asked Amy about the calls and asked her if there was anything going on between them, and she told him "No."

WWE wrestlers sometimes ride together. Matt told me that Edge asked if he could ride with Amy and she told him yes. Understand this, that before all this happened, Matt, Amy and Edge were great friends. Edge began having feelings for Amy and started making advances, and soon Amy gave into the advances. Matt also questioned Edge on the situation between him and Amy, and Edge told Matt that there was nothing going on between them. Matt still wasn't sure and had a feeling something was not right, although everything was still great and normal at home. Matt told me that he thought a "higher power" had something to do with the two accidents, the one in Charlotte was a warning for Amy to get her head clear. Matt even thinks the reason she suffered a knee injury in Puerto Rico was to send her home, to let her get her mind back on their relationship. Matt stated, "Karma has a weird way of working."

Around mid-Febuary Matt told me that this is when all hell broke loose over this situation, Matt told me that he had intercepted messages on a phone Amy had been hiding from him, where Edge and Amy had been talking, and it wasn't about wrestling. Matt told me he asked Amy about this again and she told him that there was in fact something going on, but she told Matt that even though she loved him (Matt) she could not stop thinking about Edge. Matt could not take the lies anymore and asked Amy to leave.

So Matt and Amy are in fact not together any longer due to lies, mistrust, and from Amy and Edge having a relationship behind Matt's back. Matt did asked Amy to stop it, but she did not. As far as hearing both sides of the story, Matt doesn't think you are gonna hear from Amy because she doesn't have anything to say.

Matt and Amy had a six year relationship together, she talks of Matt in her book. You could see in Matt's eyes he loves her. Matt has been hurt and betrayed by who he thought was his soulmate and one of his best friends.

Yeah, we tend to get a little out of line when backed into a corner, say some things that hurt, but guess what, Matt Hardy, WWE superstar, is still a human being with feelings and emotions. When your heart is taken out of your chest and thrown in the dirt and then stomped on, you tend to have a bad taste in your mouth about things, but you can be assured of one thing, there is only one version... and that is Matt Hardy.

credit 411

Guest Loss

In the same way it was wrong to depush Benoit for having a love affair with Nancy Sullivan, it would be wrong to depush Edge for having an affair with Lita. The roster, on either side, is going to end up being a very uncomfortable place for both Edge and Lita, which should be retribution enough, and Matt will make himself look really good if he takes the high road. Problem is, all the details of the story have leaked out when it really should have been kept private. WWE could have handled it however they felt necessary under those circumstances without having a big production made of it all. I have to criticize Keller for breaking the Edge story, considering that friends and family of the Hardys and Edge, along with people in power in WWE, are going to read the website and it's really not pro wrestling news.

If Matt handles himself like a pro in Raleigh tomorrow night, he'll probably earn the respect of management and they may reward him for it in the future. Sadly, when you're a public figure like Edge or Hardy is, you represent the company at all times, so any attempt at resolution, through violence or other means, is going to have to be done on the downlow or not at all if they are to remain professional.

WWE should do *something*, I'm just not sure what, if only because locker room morale will be negatively affected by a wrestler who broke up a different couple getting a main event push. Whether right or wrong, the boys will make the connection that the behavior is being rewarded, even if that isn't the case at all.

Imagine if Russo still had the pen at WWE, you know that this would all be played out tomorrow night. So is Hardy suppose to be on Raw tomorrow?

Guest MikeSC
Put them in a program, with Matt coming out on top. It'll be the hottest thing on Raw, and I guarantee the interviews would be off the charts intense.

Could you trust them to work together, though?

-=Mike

Guest Loss

Some of my casual fan friends have already heard about this, so I have a feeling word is going to travel, and that the crowd reactions are going to be interesting. I could see this having a similar effect that Brock leaving around WM XX had, at least in terms of the reaction Edge gets from the audience.

Guest Failed Mascot
We're all losing sight of the fact that Edge could do better than Lita.

I haven't.

Damn, if he wanted some so bad, you could have gave me a call...

You deserve better than good ol' horseface.

Put them in a program, with Matt coming out on top. It'll be the hottest thing on Raw, and I guarantee the interviews would be off the charts intense.

Could you trust them to work together, though?

-=Mike

Given the right push, all involved would make a ton of money, and that's all you to ensure trust, given that neither man has anywhere else to go if they get fired.

Sounds like this is snowballing at a pretty fast rate, it might be in WWE's best interest to leave Edge off TV this week. But it would be cool if he went out for a promo and a "You Screwed Lita" chant broke out.

Guest Loss

This is a situation where Matt Hardy really doesn't deserve to look bad, so he should probably take down the statements on his website and apologize to the company for addressing the issue publicly, considering that it's already internet fodder when that could have been avoided.

Guest Failed Mascot
This is a situation where Matt Hardy really doesn't deserve to look bad, so he should probably take down the statements on his website and apologize to the company for addressing the issue publicly, considering that it's already internet fodder when that could have been avoided.

Huh? Apologise to the company for addressing matters of his public life? He hasn't said one bad word about the actual company. Fuck that.

Guest Failed Mascot
Maybe this is all smoke being blown to cover the real culprit....RIKISHI.

"I did her for The Rock. I did her for the People."

This is quite possibly the best Hoff post ever.

Edge just became RAW's #1 heel. The WWE needs to book this pronto. They could even do it in kayfabe terms. The baby was really Edge's. Kane was just delusional and sick. Matt Hardy beat up the wrong guy and he teams up with Kane against Edge and Snitsky while Trish and Lita do a double-turn when they come back. Hardy gets his revenge on Lita by hooking up with Trish while Lita becomes the fuck piece for both Edge and Snitsky on shows.

This is the daytime soap opera crap Vince has been *dying* to have on his shows since Vince Russo left in '99. Hell, he let the Undertaker's character get deconstructed by Vince Russo in '99 after "Mark" went too far and started getting into his character "too much" and even stalked Stephanie around until he kidnapped her.

This is money.

The promos cut by Edge and Matt would be insane. It would be the most "genuine" promos in wrestling since Ric Flair's late '98 return to WCW. This is the type of thing the WWE needs to run with. Not Daniel fucking Puder. Once Matt hooks up with someone else, the bad feelings with Lita/Amy/whoever will all subside. These guys know how to be pros in the ring. But the *slight* possibility about them snapping on eachother in the ring has that shoot factor intrigue that Lesnar and Goldberg had at last year's Mania.

Edge's stock as a heel just rose. His stock as a fellow wrestler in the back has taken a plunge I'm afraid though. None of the boys are going to trust him until he retires.

Lita could also totally rework her in-ring style to adjust being a heel, which could also help cover up her crummy in-ring work. She wouldn't need to do much in the ring compared to being a babyface so she could get protected.

Paul Heyman probably made a mess in his pants after hearing about this. This sort of thing is so up his alley. Rhyno can feud with Edge to see who has the "better gore" in a best of 7-series that can culminate in the winner becoming the new "GORE" champion, getting a belt ala the Million Dollar belt. It'd be totally worthless but Edge could get heel heat like a bastard if he acted all snobby and cockish about holding onto a worthless belt. Somewhere down the line fans would get into it and cheer on anyone who stands up to him. Have GWAR do a new theme song for Edge and have them play live on RAW, with giant Johnson prop and white juice. The whole works. It'd be insane.

How much longer is Matt going to be out on the shelf for?