TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

More new DVD info

credit: PWInsider

June 2005: Judgement Day ,WWE Legends Volume 1, Road Warriors (2 DVD set)

July 2005: ECW One Night Stand (currently, the PPV will be packaged with The Rise & Fall of ECW and will not be released on its own)

August 2005: The Great American Bash, Vengeance 2005 , and "From the Vault" Undertaker (2 DVD set)

September 2005: Summerslam, Ultimate Warrior (2 DVD set)

October 2005: Unforgiven

November 2005: WWE Legends Volume 2, No Mercy

December 2005: Taboo Tuesday II, Survivor Series 2005

Jan 2006: Armaggedon 2005

Feb 2006: New Years Revolution 2006, ECW's Greatest Matches (2 DVD set), Royal Rumble 2006

March 2006: No Way Out and a to be named Divas release

TBA: "Screwed"! The Bret Hart Story (2 DVD set)

Good to see the "From The Vault" series continuing.

Guest Sturgis
ECW One Night Stand (currently, the PPV will be packaged with The Rise & Fall of ECW and will not be released on its own)

What if you already have The Rise and Fall DVD?

ECW One Night Stand (currently, the PPV will be packaged with The Rise & Fall of ECW and will not be released on its own)

What if you already have The Rise and Fall DVD?

Then you should probobly order the Pay Per View and just record it off TV.

Guest MikeSC

Taboo Tuesday II?

I thought the show wasn't that successful this past year.

-=Mike

They are going to have to change the ECW thing, I don't think would work. That's kinda like packaging Wrestlemania with only the Flair set. It is an event a lot of people will buy regardless of the quality, but paired with something a lot people already have. If it was only a couple bucks more, maybe, then I'd just trade on copy of Rise & Fall in somewhere, but it is going to be $30+.

Guest LooneyTune

An Ultimate Warrior DVD set? I honestly can't imagine WWE actually doing that. Finally an Undertaker DVD, but more waiting for a Bret Hart set? :(

Taboo Tuesday II?

-=Mike

They couldn't resist the alliteration.

TBA: "Screwed"! The Bret Hart Story (2 DVD set)

Uh-oh.

Something tells me this is not going to be a "fair and balanced" presentation.

July 2005: ECW One Night Stand (currently, the PPV will be packaged with The Rise & Fall of ECW and will not be released on its own)

Geeze, considering Rise and Fall of ECW was like the 2nd best selling WWE DVD of all time (I.E. everyone who'd want the ECW PPV would already own Rise and fall) I think it's total crap to not to release this on it's own. They can't be THAT greedy can they?

Geeze, considering Rise and Fall of ECW was like the 2nd best selling WWE DVD of all time (I.E. everyone who'd want the ECW PPV would already own Rise and fall) I think it's total crap to not to release this on it's own. They can't be THAT greedy can they?

Ahem, 14 PPV's a year anyone?

Guest scratch

I'm thinking the Warrior set will be re-releases of both his Coliseum Videos

Ultimate Warrior 1989 - with him vs Hercules, vs Honky, vs Haku, vs Valentine, vs Rude

Ultimate Warrior 1992 - vs Hogan, vs Knobs and a few other matches.

Maybe some bonus features covering his WCW run, that's it. Real easy to make. People would buy it for nostalgia.

I'm thinking the Warrior set will be re-releases of both his Coliseum Videos

Ultimate Warrior 1989 - with him vs Hercules, vs Honky, vs Haku, vs Valentine, vs Rude

Ultimate Warrior 1992 - vs Hogan, vs Knobs and a few other matches.

Maybe some bonus features covering his WCW run, that's it. Real easy to make. People would buy it for nostalgia.

there was another Warrior tape in 1990 with these matches:

vs. Andre The Giant

vs. Haku

vs. jobber (Bob Emery i think?)

vs. Heenan (weasel suit)

vs. Rude

plus there was a Brother Love Show on there somewhere.

Also quick question, are WrestleMania 21 and the Hall of Fame DVD going to be released in May then? as the lists only starts from June.

WM21 DVD is due in May, yes. You can check amazon.com or deepdiscountdvd.com for the exact date, as it's been listed there for weeks. It's only a 2-disc set BTW, not like last year's.

EDIT: Checked it myself. May 10th is the release date.

I have no info on the HOF2005, or if it's even gonna be released at all.

The Bret/Montreal DVD is out in November.

2 of the old Coliseum tapes that they have been putting on DVD are TBA, but will be out in Sept. at the same time as the Warrior set.

If anything, it's hypocritical for Vince to say to fans "get over it" about the whole Montreal incident when they're going to put out a DVD about it that will obviously be biased.

Oh, and I'll most likely rent the Warrior dvd for his matches with Hogan and Savage.

Taboo Tuesday II?

-=Mike

They've changed the date and moved it to November, so it's going to get higher buyrates.

They've learned their lesson from putting on a weeknight PPV...the same night the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees have a ALCS game, which took away a shit load of people.

The Undertaker set needs two matches and two matches only for me to buy it.

Undertaker vs Mankind, KOTR (actually, the whole feud rather rocked)

Undertaker vs Yokozuna, Casket Match featuring CHUCK NORRIS!

Watching Walker, Texas Ranger beat up the roster= me spending 25-35 bucks on DVD.

Guest LooneyTune
Is Warrior on good terms with Vince? Because if not, why not just to the Savage DVD which would probably sell a lot better?

I would say the Warrior is in the "Jeff Jarret range" in the good terms department.

Taboo Tuesday II?

-=Mike

They've changed the date and moved it to November, so it's going to get higher buyrates.

They've learned their lesson from putting on a weeknight PPV...the same night the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees have a ALCS game, which took away a shit load of people.

And yet it is still Taboo Tuesday, so obviously they haven't learned that much. I like the concept, and I am for anything that brings some uniqueness to the PPVs, but putting it on Tuesday is terrible. Just put it on a Sunday already.

Taboo Tuesday II?

-=Mike

And yet it is still Taboo Tuesday, so obviously they haven't learned that much. I like the concept, and I am for anything that brings some uniqueness to the PPVs, but putting it on Tuesday is terrible. Just put it on a Sunday already.

The problem with the TT concept, no matter what night they put it on, is that they were selling a PPV with no definitive main event. That makes it hard to sell the people on a main event, because you don't know what the main event will be. If they do do the TT concept again, they need to have a definitive main even to push, and should leave the randomness to the other matches.