TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Smarkdown Card for Monday, April 4!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF SMARKDOWN, MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2005, LIVE FROM THE METRAPARK ARENA IN BILLINGS, MONTANA!

(8:00 PM EST; 5:00 PM PST. Check local listings.)

Send everything to Chuck Woolery

The SWF travels to Big Sky Country as Smarkdown invades the Metrapark Arena in Billings, Montana! Toxxic, on the heels of a victory by Scott Pretzler, defends against another wrestler who failed to pick up the duke in that deadly four-way. Mak and Spike give it another shot! All this and more on SMARKDOWN!

Opening Promo: JOHNNY DANGEROUS!

World Championship

Toxxic © vs. Todd Cortez

~ It’s been a long time coming for Todd Cortez. He’s been at the top of the midcard for a long time and finally gets his chance at glory. Will he take home the gold, or will Toxxic continue his dominant streak?

Rules: Standard.

Word Limit: 6000

Send To: chirs3

Cruiserweight Title

“The Critic” Scott Pretzler © vs. Wildchild

~ Wildchild just wants his shot, yo. There's no love lost between these two, from Wildchild attacking Pretzler when he was commentating to Pretzler making WC tap in the fatal four-way last week. Finally, they settle it one on one!

Rules: Standard with cruiserweight addenda – 20-count on the outside, and throwing an opponent over the top rope is disqualifiable.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Chuck Woolery

World Title Contendership – Pure Rules

“Hollywood” Spike Jenkins vs. “The Franchise” Mak Francis

Special Referee: Tom Flesher

~ Try again, boys.

Rules: Pure Wrestling rules with the rope breaks and the punching and the NICE LADY!

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Ace309

Cruiserweight Match

Ejiro Fasaki vs. “The Dean of Professional Wrestling” Jay Hawke

~ God, I love Ejiro. Don't you love Ejiro? Jay Hawke might not. They're not exactly the best of friends, and while Hawke is an old-school purist, Ejiro is trying desperately to shake his demons. Let's see how this one works out.

Rules: Cruiserweight rules.

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

Singles Match

Arch Griffon vs. Li’l Buck

~ Arch Griffon is successful. Li'l Buck is a rapper. Eh, whatever.

Rules: Standard.

Word Limit: 3500

Send To: Justice

You Jerk That Curtain!

Manson vs. JJ Johnson

~ Manson plays welcome wagon to JJ Johnson, a silent but deadly mixed martial artist!

Rules: Standard

Word Limit: 3500

Send To: Dace59

Edited by Ace309

So, would I find those changes at theswf.com, or did you just edit it in the stats thread? Also, I'll be uploading my updated stats to the site shortly.

Guest Goodear

Tom has such the crush on me. You know in a completely hetero kind of way...

... I hope.

Anyway I look forward to the card and all the glory that two bastards using armbars can muster.

I apologize for the lacking descriptions. I'd been up since 8:30 AM Tuesday, less a two-hour nap Wednesday morning.

And Muzz, sorry, but I couldn't find anyone willing to work with you.

Wow, Tom, how can you still be alive?

Anyway, it's good to see that Todd's career has recovered after my Dustification of him a few weeks ago. And I'm finally going to defend my belt! Who woulda thunk it?

Wildchild was WAY overdue for his shot. Unfortunately, W&D is a bit due for a defense as well, so hopefully that'll work out soon.

Toxxic was getting antsy to defend, and with Johnny having just won the new belt, he wasn't available. I realize Cortez hasn't had much success lately, but he DID just have a real-life injury (how's the back, man? I know it's a bitch), and he's been in line for a Jésus push for a while. Todd also made an admirable showing against Toxxic's win for Pretzler last night, and it shook out nicely.

Koran got the night off because I didn't have anything for him to do that someone else wouldn't fit better. Yeah, I could have had him fight Johnson, but Manson presents a better stylistic matchup, and I think this Johnson guy's got a good mind for wrestling. Griffon vs. Li'l Buck... well, it's a big fat white guy against a rapper. How could I not?

And yeah, I'll admit it. I gave Fasaki and Hawke cruiserweight rules for the sole purpose of seeing if Memphis Heels Anonymous' newest twelve-stepper can resist throwing Hawke over the top rope when the ref isn't looking. I LOVE YOU EJIRO!!!!!! ::wub::

I need to find time to cut a promo for this one, too, because the lineup immediately gave me an idea or three.

Hey there, it's Lil' Buck. Don't ask me, I'm just following the rules set down by Lil' Flip, Lil' Jon, Lil' Scrappy, you get the idea.

And honestly, it was either Lil' Buck (Who's not actually a rapper) or a 30s era guy who came out to Cab Calloway and stuff.

Or, I guess, were I to follow continuity, Drea'd be back (Thanks a lot Mask, making that promo of mine seem retarded with you returning after like two weeks). Or Kid Cools. People like him, right?

*TEAS HIT DOUG ON PIRKGNA LOT!*

Toxxic was getting antsy to defend, and with Johnny having just won the new belt, he wasn't available. I realize Cortez hasn't had much success lately, but he DID just have a real-life injury (how's the back, man? I know it's a bitch), and he's been in line for a Jésus push for a while. Todd also made an admirable showing against Toxxic's win for Pretzler last night, and it shook out nicely.

To be perfectly honest, when I first saw the card and me with a title shot, I was like "holy fuck, I just won the four way". Little did I know...but writing my ass off for that match put me back in the groove.

As far as the back injury, it did take me off my game, and is still sore as a bitch. While the tailbone isn't as sore and the bruising has healed well, the lower back is stiff and sore from keeping the pressure off the tailbone. Still going to physical therapy three times a week, but I'm also trucking along at both jobs because I gotta keep the money coming in. So things got hectic for a bit and writing became a last priority, as when I got in at night I just wanted to sprawl out and relax. I even apologized to MVS about my no-shows, but he said you guys understood perfectly and I didn't need to give an explanation, and I appreciate that.

Now I finally get my title shot, on the day after OAOAST's Anglemania, where I'm in a huge matchup that I agreed to write the second half of. On Wrestlemania weekend. I sense long nights and energy drinks in my future.

Sigh. Not to ruin the finish, cause it could be a SWERVE~ but I'll turn in the match as well as my promo... as soon as I can edit it for this show and put it on disk from my virus filled computer, that is. I should have asked to delay the show until after I got off work, but I knew people would have been pissed about that, hence me writing this to explain myself. Sorry Spike.

At least my weekend will be free!

Well, it's done. I don't know how I did it, but I wrote a 5,000 word match in two days, most of it in one. Truly a Herculean effort, though I hate to brag.

Okay, it's a *little* over 5k. But I'm sure you can forgive me after all that work. :P