TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

MLB Thread

BJ Ryan is going to blow his first save opportunity...

Even though Ryan got the save. It just shows, what a bad job setup men, do in the closer rule.

That was for you Al. ;)

My name is LaTroy Hawkins. I couldn't hold a real save (one run lead), if i was given two outs, and the third batter was given 2 strikes, and was a blind retard, and the on-deck and in the hole hitters were 100 year old women in wheelchairs.

I like Ryan as the Closer 100x more than Julio.

Julio would have been wanting to run and hide in the dugout after the leadoff triple and would have given up a 2 Run homer on his next pitch to get off the field as soon as possible.

Ryan's problem is that he isn't going to face as many lefties in the closer role. But I'll give him credit for striking out the next two guys after giving up the triple. I figured for sure they'd get at least a sac-fly or something cheap to tie the game. That would have been on par with 90% of the games the O's play vs the D-Rays in Tampa.

Good News Everyone!

MASN (Mid Atlantic Sports Network, the collaboration between Peter Angelos and the Nationals), has made it to Directv..sort of. Channel 626 in my EPG, but its nothing but TO BE ANNOUNCED and nothing coming on in the next week.

This is at least good news considering I was worried they wouldn't add it any time soon and I might miss out on O's games aired on the channel in the future (not this year).

What's the basis of that prediction you ask? Why, absolutely nothing! I just want to enjoy the moment before we fuck up in May, June, July, August, then get red hot in September.

That's my attitude. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Hi, I'm Kerry Wood. I'm lauded as the ace of the best rotation in the majors and I give up 5 runs in the first two innings. As the third out of the 6th inning is being recorded, I have a better chance of being in Bangladesh than on the pitcher's mound, because I tend to throw 100 pitches before the end of the 5th.

Jesus, the wind is blowing straight in at 16 mph and he still gave up two home runs? Terrible. I don't like having to rely on Prior in his first start to avoid the sweep.

Perhaps Stoney was right when he said Wood might be the most overrated pitcher in MLB.

Try Wood has the closer.

I think it might be worth a shot. He's proving to be way too inconsistent to be an elite starter, but his stuff out of the pen in the ninth might be really, really tough to hit.

Don't look now, but Dontrelle has trotted out for the ninth with a shutout. 2 outs now.

1 out away from 2 consecutive complete game shutouts to start the season for Willis.

The Cubs' rotation is so sad to watched compared to the Marlins'. They both were dubbed two of the best rotations in baseball, but whereas the Marlins are living up to it, the Cubs are injury-ridden, inconsistent guys that can't get the job done.

It's funny, though, that even with the wind blowing straight in, they still insist on swinging like it's a homerun derby. Would I be crazy in suggesting that if the Cubs don't make the postseason this year, Baker will be out? Or are we doomed to watch more years of Dusty's Boys?

Guest Brian
I honestly don't think Dusty deserves to finish out the season. Someone needs to right this ship FAST.

RACIST~!

No way Dusty gets the boot this season; unless things absolutely fall apart.

Didn't the Marlins' rotation start out real hot last season, too? I remember Beckett and Willis specifically being right on the first couple weeks, but then Dontrelle had a snap where he'd be lights out or embarrassing.

Did I miss something? Is Aramis Ramirez injured in some way that prevents him from playing in this second game? Fucking Dusty and his hard on for Jose Macias...