TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

MLB Thread

I've decided to take a break from watching the Mets, it's just not worth it anymore. I'll watch again, but not for a while. So a giant "Fuck You" to this Mets team for making me stop watching baseball. I'll keep track of both leagues, watch the occasional game (non-Met) and look for general baseball news, but that's it. I still love the game, but the franchise has finally beaten me down. And this is coming from someone who watched every game of the 1993 Mets.

Overreact much?

As bad as the Mets are doing, we're still only beginning the second week of the season.

Calm down. Get off the ledge.

I've decided to take a break from watching the Mets, it's just not worth it anymore.  I'll watch again, but not for a while.  So a giant "Fuck You" to this Mets team for making me stop watching baseball.  I'll keep track of both leagues, watch the occasional game (non-Met) and look for general baseball news, but that's it.  I still love the game, but the franchise has finally beaten me down.  And this is coming from someone who watched every game of the 1993 Mets.

Overreact much?

As bad as the Mets are doing, we're still only beginning the second week of the season.

Calm down. Get off the ledge.

I agree with you, I agree with everyone saying I'm overreacting, but after nearly 20 years of disappointment (Yes I know Reds Sox fans, 20 years is nothing) I just need a break from this team. However it's just a break, I'll always be a Met fan. I'm planning on trying to see I f I can go a month, then start back up again. I'm sure am not the only fan in history to do this sort of thing. I think it might do me some good in the end, to maybe appreciate the game more.

And I will pay attention to the game, baseball is my favorite sport, just a respite from the Mets.

Another fun pitcher's duel to watch between the White Sox and Indians. Final score was a 2-1 Sox win after Scott Podsednik had a good game -- scored a run and got the game winning RBI.

Both pitchers, Millwood for Cleveland and Garcia for Chicago, had outstanding outings.

Jason

Good win by the Mets today.

And not to stray off the topic but I was just listening to WFAN, and Mike Francesa's mother died from falling down a flight of steps? Damn that sucks. R.I.P.

That's sad. How old was she? Did this happen during the show or what?

Not sure. I know it happened Saturday night, and they sent her to the hospital. From there she ran into some complications and died either Sunday night or earlier today. Mike called in about 15 minutes ago and was talking to Chris about it. Tragic. Just happened out of nowhere.

Pat Burrell is still as hot as anything, as he bombed an UD homerun off Al Leiter in the first. He got no love from the scorers, as they scored it 426 ft. It went further than Cabreras the other night that they scored 446.

1-0 losses hurt, but moreso when the one run was unearned. I question Neifi Perez batting second. Why did we get Hairston again? And a day after being a hero, Burnitz shoulda just stayed in bed, since his error led to the single run and he struck out on terrible pitches with the tying run in scoring position. Twice!

And where the hell was Jason Dubois today?

There is a lot of bad mojo in this thread. Instead of everyone complaining how about naming one good thing about your team so far this year.

For the reds it has to be the play of Joe Randa.

There is a lot of bad mojo in this thread.  Instead of everyone complaining how about naming one good thing about your team so far this year.

Yankees: No one's hurt yet.

There is a lot of bad mojo in this thread.  Instead of everyone complaining how about naming one good thing about your team so far this year.

Correction: Kevin Brown

Positive? Tanyon Sturtze beside yesterday.

Guest Smues
There is a lot of bad mojo in this thread. Instead of everyone complaining how about naming one good thing about your team so far this year.

Atlanta is 4-2, the pitching is looking pretty good, and the fielding is a lot better then I expected so far. The only thing to complain about so far is too much Joe Simpson, and they changed the homerun song at Turner Field.

Correction: No one important in a critical series during the playoffs is hurt.

So far, Pedro Martinez has proven he's still one of the top pitchers in baseball.

Unless you want Chien-Ming Wang or Jorge DePaula starting a combined 30 games this year, I'd say hes pretty important.

Unless you want Chien-Ming Wang or Jorge DePaula starting a combined 30 games this year, I'd say hes pretty important.

In the playoffs, we'll need 4 starters at most.

Rodrigo Lopez is pretending that he's a becoming a real ace.

Blue Jays: Just one thing?

I can't decide, so I'm going with the triple threat of Ted Lilly looking back on form against possibly the league's best offense, Eric Hinske giving us what we expected after his big rookie year, and a lack of the reduction in power that was expected when Delgado left.

I agree with you, I agree with everyone saying I'm overreacting, but after nearly 20 years of disappointment (Yes I know Reds Sox fans, 20 years is nothing) I just need a break from this team. However it's just a break, I'll always be a Met fan. I'm planning on trying to see I f I can go a month, then start back up again. I'm sure am not the only fan in history to do this sort of thing. I think it might do me some good in the end, to maybe appreciate the game more.

And I will pay attention to the game, baseball is my favorite sport, just a respite from the Mets.

Try some minor league games. Check out this site at Baseball-reference.com.

Dodgers: The hitting has been much better than anyone expected.

Well, if anyone listened to us intelligent analysists instead of the blithering idiots that populate Around the Horn, you might have seen it coming.

As for the Phillies, our starting pitching, which was our biggest concern, has yet to produce a bad start.

Brian Roberts is tied for the AL lead in HR with Paul Konerko, Dmitri Young

and Jorge Cantu at 3.

Oh..and with 3 games vs Tampa Bay this week, Im worried that the Orioles will pull their usual choke job vs them. I think the D-Rays' best record vs any one team is against the O's.

Dodgers: The hitting has been much better than anyone expected.

Well, if anyone listened to us intelligent analysists instead of the blithering idiots that populate Around the Horn, you might have seen it coming.

*Bill Plaschke mode on*

Shut up and put away your spreadsheet, nerd!!!!!

Now excuse me while I wack off into my Paul Lo Duca rally towel.

*Bill Plaschke mode off*

A's: Ummm...at least we got new owners, eh?