TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

MLB Thread

Guest OSIcon

Also for the O's, Roderigo Lopez is 2-0, allowing just one earned run in 14 innings. At least through the first two games, he it pitching like the number one starter should pitch (and then some)....

Dodgers: The hitting has been much better than anyone expected.

Well, if anyone listened to us intelligent analysists instead of the blithering idiots that populate Around the Horn, you might have seen it coming.

I don't watch Around the Horn, I just believe that J.D. Drew wasn't the best acquisition, nor do I believe they should have kept Beltre, but their hitting won't hold up to be good enough. They will need to make a trade for a hitter.

The Texas bullpen is sure looking to be an adventure this season, messing up a 6-2 lead to lose 7-6, all four Rangers/Angels games have been decided by a single run so far. After almost saving 50 games last year Francisco Cordero already has 2 blown saves to his name, hopefully they can get Carlos Almanzar and Frank Francisco back soon to dish out some chairshots and rectify things.

I just got back from Fenway (Well an hour ago, but I had to drive from Long Island to get there) and that was one of the best times of my life.

Seeing the BoSox get their rings, in front of the Yankees.

People cheering Rivera.

Seeing the Yankees lose, by a lot.

And just a good ol' time for my first time at Fenway.

Those of us in Chicago already knew Dusty Baker sent Cubs officials to get water blessed by the Pope, but today we finally found out what it's for. DUSTY BAKER SPRINKLES INJURED PLAYERS WITH HOLY WATER.

Justin "Fragile" Morneau goes on the DL, with a concussion. I'm calling him Fragile, not because of this injury, but he missed alot of time during spring training with little injuries.

Well, Sammy Sosa just hit his first home run as an Oriole. The problem is, the umpire ruled the ball foul even though it struck the foul pole.

So Sammy instead of his first homer, gets at walk down to first.

That was a bad call.

If it was Golf, a viewer could of called and said the Umpire made the wrong call.

Well, as long as it's within the rules. You gotta admit, the PGA really can claim to be fan friendly.

I wonder what the umpire think happened to the ball for it to be going straight and then suddenly deflect down and to the right. Did he think there was a really big spider out there and the ball hit it?

That wasn't even a hard call.

There have been 5 complete games thrown in the majors this season.

The Marlins have 3, as AJ Burnett goes the distance tonight.

Guest Shadow

Reds/Cardinals after a delay is in the bottom of the second with St. Louis already loading up the bases with 1 out. Reds 1-0.

Guest Shadow

Jason Marquis hits a triple to unload 3 runs. 3-1 cardinals. After a good first game, Harang looks like shit as the rain comes down hard again.

Idiot umpire let Cardinals get a free baserunner. Jason LaRue made a tag off a pitch but the idiot ref completely missed it when it happened RIGHT in front of him.

The other two in the majors were Pedro Martinez Sunday and Jake Westbrook on the 4th, right?

Guest Smues

Hudson goes 8 innings and leave with a 3-1 lead, but Kolb loads the bases with no outs to start the 9th. Come on Danny get out of this.

Guest LooneyTune

Devil Rays look to be blowing a ninth inning rally with 2 strike outs in a row after getting a lead off triple from Huff.

(30 seconds later) Yup, Orioles won.

The other two in the majors were Pedro Martinez Sunday and Jake Westbrook on the 4th, right?

Yes sir, Westbrook's game still counts as a complete game even though he only pitched 8 innings. The team was down1-0 and the opposition didn't get an AB in the 9th.