TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

Forum Merge...

Guest Dazed

Looking through the TNA, Puro and Misc Promotions forums, all three seem somewhat lacking in discussion - there are threads dating back to March on the front page in all three.

We are looking to merge all three into on uber super mega Misc Promotions forum. If you visit those folders, can you let us know what you think before we go through with this...

Well I agree about the Puro and Misc/MMA forums, but the TNA forum has quite a bit of discussion going on. Perhaps leave the TNA folder and add the Puro stuff to the Misc Promotions folders, and rename it.

The TNA folder has posts 30 days old on the first page also, there must not be TOO much talk going on there. And why not combine the General Wrestling baord also?

Personally, I wish we had folders for WWE, US Indies, and Overseas or International, then chuck out the Misc Promotions idea.

I think this is much better, especially since the US Indy promotions tend to work together from time to time, and Puro/LL are practically a universe of their own.

Guest DeputyHawk

I'm fine with merging the folders. Just rename it TNA, Puro & Indies. Keep General Wrestling separate though.

Guest DVD Spree

I don't really use either of those, but I agree that there would be much upset if General Wrestling was merged.

Horrible idea.

As bps said- Why merge the folders if there's no reason for it? The TNA folder, Misc folder and puroresu all have their own little groups and people who like to discuss wrestling.

I've never understood the admins obsession with changing things that don't need to be changed

Horrible idea.

As bps said- Why merge the folders if there's no reason for it? The TNA folder, Misc folder and puroresu all have their own little groups and people who like to discuss wrestling.

I've never understood the admins obsession with changing things that don't need to be changed

Agreed.

I mean, what's wrong with the way they are now?

Yup it's a bad idea.

Why don't you combine some of the non-wrestling folders?

Well I've noticed how dead the puro and tna folders are pretty much since I started coming to the site a year ago. There are new posts maybe once a month at best. So I say merge them into misc. promotions just because they are a waste of space.

Guest Fook
Yup it's a bad idea.

Merge Current Events and Hardcore Discussion.

It'll produce some fun threads.

Yup it's a bad idea.

Merge Current Events and Hardcore Discussion.

It'll produce some fun threads.

George Bush/Your mom r00lz/sux0rs is ghey!

I don't like the idea. The TNA folder goes through it's lag time without posts mostly because of the taping schedule that tapes 3 shows at a time. Once the tapings are discussed there really isn't much news for another 3 weeks but before and after PPVs there is a lot of good discussion.

Being the #2 promotion (distant, granted) and only other promotion with a national TV and PPV presence I believe TNA deserves it's own folder to continue discussion.

I agree, I don't see a reason this needs to be "fixed". TNA's audience and the general Indy audience are different in many respects. For instance, I don't know much about "indy wrestling" but am a big TNA fan. So, it would be inconveniant to scroll through indy threads to find something relevant to TNA.

So I vote against this move.

Even though I don't really visit Puro since I don't watch it, I'd imagine that folder should be kept seperate too since it's its own product (perhaps diversify it by naming it the "International" folder?)

OK, I've just practically spammed the TNA folder with new topics. I'll compile an official Lockdown preview from the website soon too. Now come on GO POST!

I think the wrestling folders shouldn't be touched. They are all about very diff products.

TNA and Indies are close to the same, but like slapnuts said TNA is at least on National TV.

Guest Contentious C
Well I've noticed how dead the puro and tna folders are pretty much since I started coming to the site a year ago. There are new posts maybe once a month at best. So I say merge them into misc. promotions just because they are a waste of space.

What space? It takes you longer to scroll down and read about the latest 19-year-old round here who finally got to third base?

I'm with the others who don't really see any pressing need for change. Some folders are just slower than others, and which folders are which does tend to change over time. Puro is indeed about as lively as Terri Schiavo, but Misc and TNA both have enough posts to keep them separate entities. And merging General with any other folder is a terrible idea.

Heh, trust me I'm far from an EXPERT ECONOMIST~! I can barely add and subtract.

That last one was just a slip of the keystroke, I meant to say "save the folder" but typed board and you can't edit your subtitles..

Personally, I wish we had folders for WWE, US Indies, and Overseas or International, then chuck out the Misc Promotions idea.

I think this is much better, especially since the US Indy promotions tend to work together from time to time, and Puro/LL are practically a universe of their own.

This idea gets my Seal of Approval.

If you want to merge folders, merge "Get Your Learn On!" into General Chat. If someone really does need help, they might as well post their message in a folder that people will actually read.

Also, I think there are only five topics in the last 30 days. The folder's pretty barren.

Guest Vitamin X
I think all wrestling should be in one folder.

I agree with this idea, seriously.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of our quality posting goes on outside of the wrestling folders, or at least the ones that post in both areas do so. TSM has moved on and evolved from an internet wrestling messageboard to just an internet messageboard.

If you want to merge folders, merge "Get Your Learn On!" into General Chat. If someone really does need help, they might as well post their message in a folder that people will actually read.

Yeah, when I came back from my hiatus and saw that folder (along with the change in name from No Holds Barred to Hardcore Discussion) I was a bit confused as to the reason for its existence.

Occasionally I want to say something about wrestling. The only place I feel comfortable doing that is General Wrestling (snide jokes in WWE don't count). I wouldn't do it if all wrestling was in one folder. We can't really have a good wrestling folder and a bad wrestling folder though.

Ok, make a folder called wrestling, and then one called wrestling for losers. I'll go in there and say whatever I want. I have enough self confidence to make it work.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I also had an idea to make Get Your Learn On into Get your Learn or Eat On. Thus combining the two failed folder ideas that came about via clustered demands.