TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

Another classic "my team can't get it done in the playoffs" look of defeat on the face of Mark Cuban. I love it......

Go Sacramento, tie the series up tomorrow!!

Guest Vitamin X

1122cuban.jpg

HOW MANY MORE FOREIGNERS DO I HAVE TO SIGN TO WIN IN THE NBA PLAYOFFS DAMMIT

Gotta say that T-Mac won my respect tonight not because of the way he played but because of his postgame interview with the guys in the studio. He came off as one of the nicest guy in the league, humble and more importantly seemed to be "just one of the guys"

Gotta say that T-Mac won my respect tonight not because of the way he played but because of his postgame interview with the guys in the studio. He came off as one of the nicest guy in the league, humble and more importantly seemed to be "just one of the guys"

Did he say how happy he was to finally be in the second round?

I have to admit this...Houston is surprising the hell out of me. I joked last year that the world was dying to see a Heat/Rockets finals for the Van Gundy vs. Van Gundy angle, but by god maybe it COULD happen.

Back to that crappy Heat/Hornets series. My brother and I still rag on that series, he's like "That was the worst I've EVER seen pros play, guys just dribbled off their feet, threw it away, just brutal." Aside from maybe the occasional decent Dwayne Wade moment, it was unwatchable.

Hell, that Pacers/Pistons series last year was god awful too. It's odd since the Pistons/Nets series was actually better than I thought it'd be (people SCORING???) but man those Pacers/Pistons games were unwatchable. At least now they realize that if you're gonna play unwatchable crap, at least have some violent fighting and gooning to draw money.

Well, some people like to watch d and some don't. I personally enjoyed the Spurs/Nets finals and the Pacer/Pistons from last year. Although I found it funny when all the analyst were like "Its not good defense its just bad offense" about EVERY team that the Pistons played. Eventually you just had to admit they could play d.

Pacers/Pistons may have been low scoring but it did have some exciting games in the end. Games 1 (Reggie!), 2 (Tayshaun's block heard round the world), and 6 (which is basically where the seeds of the brawl were laid, i mean the detroit fans were this close to charging after Artest, the heat was incredible), and it felt important. you can say anything like that about Cha/Miami

Guest Mosaicv2

Wow... two great games yesterday, even thought the two teams that won I wish would've lose (Pacers, Rockets). I hope it continues tonight. :)

I've been thinking that maybe the Mavericks never had as much of a chance as people thought. I picked Houston in 7 but now its looking like it will be a short series. The Mavs problems are:

1) They dont play defense. Houston is averaging 105.5 pts in this series. McGrady has been unstoppable.

2) They can't match up with Yao. He didn't do much in game one which also happened to be a blowout but was unstoppable in game 2. Did I mention he shot 13-14?

3) I think most importantly Dallas has a rookie coach. I like Avery Johnson and one day he will probably be a great coach. But right now hes going up against Jeff Van Gundy who is a playoff veteran. Including these past two games Van Gundy is 54-43 all time in the playoffs including an NBA Finals appearance. Hes been in countless close games and know how to handle a team.

The Heat trashed the Nets again tonight with Alonzo Mourning going for 21 (!). Combine that with Detroit cruising past the 76ers again and they might as well just book it now: Miami vs. Detroit for the East.

Here's the thing about the NBA: No one really plays truly scary D, so this stuff of saying "The Pistons won because they play great D" is silly. If you compare the best college teams they're much, much better at playing defense (intense full court pressure, weird fucked up zones, etc). Most pro playing is a bunch of pick and roll stuff or 1 on 1 "I can take this guy" play.

Some games really ARE a case of really bad offense, like that Spurs game the other night. It's not that the Nuggets did anything all that amazing defensively, the Spurs just couldn't score. Couldn't hit a 3, couldn't hit a layup, couldn't do shit. These guys are pros, they are paid to put the ball in the hoop.

The Kings got hosed by the officials in the first half, how many times do they need to draw contact inside before a damn foul is called? Of course the main reason they are losing is because they are shooting just as poor as they did in the first game...this is depressing. Second half starting now.....

I've been thinking that maybe the Mavericks never had as much of a chance as people thought. I picked Houston in 7 but now its looking like it will be a short series. The Mavs problems are:

1) They dont play defense. Houston is averaging 105.5 pts in this series. McGrady has been unstoppable.

2) They can't match up with Yao. He didn't do much in game one which also happened to be a blowout but was unstoppable in game 2. Did I mention he shot 13-14?

3) I think most importantly Dallas has a rookie coach. I like Avery Johnson and one day he will probably be a great coach. But right now hes going up against Jeff Van Gundy who is a playoff veteran. Including these past two games Van Gundy is 54-43 all time in the playoffs including an NBA Finals appearance. Hes been in countless close games and know how to handle a team.

I was thinking Houston in 6 before the series. But after losing 2 at home, Dallas might not even make it to a game 6.

I understand the love for Dallas, they had a good year, but they ended up with the WORST possible matchup having to play Houston in the first round. They would have been better off against pretty much every other team in the West, especially Seattle or Sacramento, even San Antonio or Phoenix would have been a better match. I couldn't believe people were picking them to beat Houston, and F'n Kenny Smith picked em to make the Finals :bonk:

I wouldn't count out Dallas just yet. They did come back from that 2-0 deficit in a 5 game series a few years ago, and they have way more playoff experience than Houston.

I could totally see the Rockets letting up "now that they have the series in control", and letting the Mavs win Game 3 and possibly even Game 4 in Houston.

The thing is, no matter how bad the Mavs match up on Yao, they'd still be up 2-0 right now if Nowitzki and Finley had even average shooting nights. The Mavs are more than capable of running off a string of games, and could still take the series.

If you held a gun to my head, I'd still say Rockets in 6, but Mavs in 7 is a distinct possibility.

I could totally see the Rockets letting up "now that they have the series in control", and letting the Mavs win Game 3 and possibly even Game 4 in Houston.

Jeff. Van. Gundy.

Plus, did you see T-Mac w/ Magic and Chuck the other night? Dude is hungry, no way he lets up now, and if he does he's a damn fool cause he had two hall of famers telling him NOT to let that shit happen

Guest Flyboy
Gotta say that T-Mac won my respect tonight not because of the way he played but because of his postgame interview with the guys in the studio. He came off as one of the nicest guy in the league,  humble and more importantly seemed to be "just one of the guys"

Did he say how happy he was to finally be in the second round?

*rolls eyes*