TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

First new Family Guy episode leaked

Nah. Compared to all those other shows, Futurama had a good run and got its due. Not to mention both it and Family Guy debuted around the same time and pretty much got the same treatment from Fox, so they probably didn't want to poke fun at it due to some sort of camaraderie. The ones mentioned there just flat out bombed out of the gate and never even got a full season or ran out of whatever steam it had very, very quickly. Futurama isn't even on the same level as those other blunders.

Or if you believe the rumors regarding Family Guy's initial demise at Fox, perhaps they just wanted to try and stay on Groening's good side, or at least not intentionally step on his toes.

Everything being new and fresh made me crack up at every little non-sequitur. I'm going to have to watch it a few times to see what holds up.

My favorite moment easily is the GI Joe "Learning is Half the Battle" skit, complete with theme music.

And Stewie's reaction to Brian's Freudian slip at the Tucker house is absolute gold.

Everybody, I've got bad news.  We've been canceled.

Peter, how could they do that?

Unfortunately, there's no just no room on the schedule.  We've just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for great shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80s Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Skin, girls club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, FreakyLinks, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal, Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainment, The Tick, Luis, and Greg the Bunny. 

Is there no hope?

Well, I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

You know, some of those shows came and went while Family Guy was still on the air.

I can't believe how many horrible shows Fox has had on in the last few years...I mean the Tick?

The Tick was awesome...

Andy Richter's show, too.

Tick live-action was good, but wasn't as good as the cartoon, though.

Titus went three seasons on FOX and essentially died because it was becoming too harsh for even FOX.

FOX pulled a Firefly on it, showed the episodes out of order and the series fell apart in the final year because of it.

Titus went three seasons on FOX and essentially died because it was becoming too harsh for even FOX.

FOX pulled a Firefly on it, showed the episodes out of order and the series fell apart in the final year because of it.

I always liked that show. Any program with Stacy Keach and Scott Farckus(~!) is worth watching.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, Titus was hilarious, one of the few sitcoms I actually made an effort to sit and watch.

My favorite moment easily is the GI Joe "Learning is Half the Battle" skit, complete with theme music.

Agreed. That was brilliant.

And Stewie's reaction to Brian's Freudian slip at the Tucker house is absolute gold.

I think Tom saying it the same way Brian did without even noticing it was just as funny.

Yeah, the 3rd year was way hard to follow. Don't forget the problem with the ever-changing time slots.

Just downloaded it and watched it - loved it.

Hard to pick a favorite moment (maybe the G.I. Joe one takes it, though), but I do have to say, kudos to Seth for including a ton of the cult, fan faves throughout the entire episode (Ollie, the perverted old man, the evil monkey). I think that shows a real appreciation for the fans, who helped get the show back on the air.

btw who leaked that? i mean how did it come to be on the net?

Critics receive premiere episodes sometimes months in advance, though with definite midseason replacements it's often a week or two.

I received Related by Family (now Life on a Stick), The Kelsey Grammar Sketch Show, Johnny Zero, House, and a few others months before they premiered back in the Fall.

btw who leaked that? i mean how did it come to be on the net?

Critics receive premiere episodes sometimes months in advance, though with definite midseason replacements it's often a week or two.

I received Related by Family (now Life on a Stick), The Kelsey Grammar Sketch Show, Johnny Zero, House, and a few others months before they premiered back in the Fall.

Oh ok thanks.

The Pinocchio thing had me laughing really hard. And this:

famguy2gc5jh.gif

Those were the best parts to me.

Guest El Satanico

I wish that Fox would've put Family Guy on at 8:30. I can only Tivo one program at a time and I already record Desperate Housewives, so if I'm not home or around a TV I'll miss Family Guy.

Thankfully DH only has a few episodes left, so I won't have this problem for long.