Sign in to follow this  
BigPoppaKev

Worst song ever?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Uncle Kracker's cover of "Drift Away," or Smash Mouth's "All Star."

Uncle Kracker's cover of "Drift Away," or Smash Mouth's "All Star."

man those are horrible.

mine are Eminem "Just lose it" and ICP "Homies"

To be fair I'll put Sonic Youth's 'My Friend Goo' on there. Sonic Youth's my Favourite band, and the song actaully kicks ass, but it has the MOST EMBARASSING lyrics for a song I've ever heard.

God, I hate when Kim Gordon does her little girl thing. 'Say it don't spray it' still makes me wince on Teenage Riot

Anything Reggeaton. I can't stand that shit.

Everything is getting it's special 'Reggeaton' remix now. There isn't any good 'Spanish Rap' since most of it is just Reggeaton. I can't even stand saying the word.

Anything Reggeaton. I can't stand that shit.

Everything is getting it's special 'Reggeaton' remix now. There isn't any good 'Spanish Rap' since most of it is just Reggeaton. I can't even stand saying the word.

Maybe the reggaeton that get's played in the states is crap but the one we get here in the caribbean is really good. Maybe if you don't know spanish you can't understand the lyrics but they are great.

Cambumbo by by Tego Calderon:

Llego el cambumbo...el cambumbo a las balas sin rumbo para los que se pican cada vez que sumbo, el que sirve sirve el que vale vale y el que no...tu sabe

Las ganas tuyas e cantar mas que yo

con mi producción loco, te humillo

a la puerta del estudio ponle el pestillo

prende la alarma en contra e los pillos

es que por ahí hay mucho loquillo

que se enfurecen cuando yo brillo

dicen que tienen mas kioscos que en Luquillo

y no han vendió ni un siquillo

con medio pocillo los acribillo

ando siempre solo sin corillo

soy sencillo, nunca me guillo

a fueguillo, y les paso el rastrillo

a tu catana suéltale el cabillo

y saca el deo del gatillo

antes que te fundan el bombillo

o que te guarden en el castillo

a mi no me hace falta

si tu quieres juégate la carta

compra una pistola, hazte un par de marcas

guillate e mostro, vocifera pero mera

la calle sabe que eres un pera

a mi no me hace falta

no me copio, salí con un flow muy propio

al envidioso le quito lo fantasmeoso

en el oso apestoso asociao somos poderosos

corte mafioso antes de ser un dudoso

se lo que pasa, sin mucha lata

si te safas con mi raza te quemo las patas

ni tu ni tu marido ni tu coche cochinchillo

esto es sencillo pero en grande como Badillo

así que no te metas en camisa de once varas

o terminaras en la cruz como mara

o Penélope, problemas evítate

no confundas la humildad del abayarde

lo que tu estas haciendo ahora yo lo hice en el 93

pregunta por ahí si tu no me crees

madura, ni en esta vida ni en la futura me duras

si nos vamos de ha verdura

hay que ser bruto pa estar fumando bazuco

acaso tu no oyes este trabuco?

Se creen que saben

puede que los pelos caguen

callejón o musical conmigo no salen

a mi no me hace falta

a mi no me hace falta

I actually do want to listen to Spanish rap, but I don't know if I can trust Shooting Star's taste. You know who I like? South Park Mexican. Too bad he's a pedophile.

I mostly just listen to Puerto Rican spanish rap since the mexican americans talk really weird spanish and can't understand anything they say...ORALE ORALE ARRIBA ARRIBA EPA!

I hope you realize there's other hispanics here besides Mexicans, cabron.

Yeah, like You-are-gayans

"Rock DJ" by Robbie Williams is the most horrible song I've ever endured. From the dreadful lyrics "Raise your hands if you're not with a man/ Can I kick it? "Yes, you can") to it's irritating backing track, it's pure shit. Robbie and Kylie's "Kids" is also hateful just because Williams raps the lyric "Ain't no chance of the record company dropping me", the smug cunt

Anything Reggeaton.  I can't stand that shit.

Everything is getting it's special 'Reggeaton' remix now.  There isn't any good 'Spanish Rap' since most of it is just Reggeaton.  I can't even stand saying the word.

Maybe the reggaeton that get's played in the states is crap but the one we get here in the caribbean is really good.

Maybe if you don't know spanish you can't understand the lyrics but they are great.

*checks name and avatar*

Yeah I know spanish...

I just don't like Reggeaton...I mean, it has it's moments, like Pa'queretocen by Tego when it first came out, and Culo by Pitbull, but overall I just can't stand it. I gravitate to more rock-ish when I listen to spanish music, ie Molotov, Control Machete, La Ley, Mana, etc.

But yeah, maybe we get the worse of the stuff over here in Mexico, so who knows.

Every single off the Gwen Stafani solo album. Each single is worse than the last, this "Holla back girl" is puke

That album, for me, could fit nicely into my 'guilty pleasures', in the other thread.

Same with "Epic". I don't think that's a bad song at all, though I can see why others dislike it.

I think its Lil' John sampling Ozzy's Crazy Train. Thats damn horrible.

I absolutely agree, but I mentioned that once before on this board, and was rebuffed, and told it was one of the better rap / hip hop songs of the year. If so, I pity you poor rap / hip hop fans.

I absolutely agree, but I mentioned that once before on this board, and was rebuffed, and told it was one of the better rap / hip hop songs of the year. If so, I pity you poor rap / hip hop fans.

I led that movement, and it was one of the best songs of the year period. That's just one of those songs you either get or you don't.

Anything Reggeaton.  I can't stand that shit.

Everything is getting it's special 'Reggeaton' remix now.  There isn't any good 'Spanish Rap' since most of it is just Reggeaton.  I can't even stand saying the word.

Maybe the reggaeton that get's played in the states is crap but the one we get here in the caribbean is really good.

Maybe if you don't know spanish you can't understand the lyrics but they are great.

*checks name and avatar*

Yeah I know spanish...

I just don't like Reggeaton...I mean, it has it's moments, like Pa'queretocen by Tego when it first came out, and Culo by Pitbull, but overall I just can't stand it. I gravitate to more rock-ish when I listen to spanish music, ie Molotov, Control Machete, La Ley, Mana, etc.

But yeah, maybe we get the worse of the stuff over here in Mexico, so who knows.

Tego and the others I mentioned are pretty good but there are some really crappy guys out there like Don Omar who make the whole genre look stupid. You should listen to the songs I mentioned

Why do rappers rip off such incredibly well known songs though? I mean sampling Crazy Train is opening yourself up to criticism. One of the more amusing samples though was Eminem's version of Toy Soldiers...who the hell cares about Martika these days?

As far as worst song ever, hmm. Surely Fred Durst figures into this somewhere. How about Break Stuff?

Why do rappers rip off such incredibly well known songs though? I mean sampling Crazy Train is opening yourself up to criticism. One of the more amusing samples though was Eminem's version of Toy Soldiers...who the hell cares about Martika these days?

As far as worst song ever, hmm. Surely Fred Durst figures into this somewhere. How about Break Stuff?

"Nookie"

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue

That song is called "The Angry American," and you win.

I didn't really want to involve the last decade or so of pop country, since it deserves its own circle of hell.

I led that movement, and it was one of the best songs of the year period. That's just one of those songs you either get or you don't.

:throwup:

Apparently i don't get it.

Bounce shit is just that....shit.

I don't think that song is actually that horrible...i mean it sucks, but i can stand it. The sample isn't the bad part, it's just not good rap. As for samples, I love 'em.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Too many turds in pop country, it's true. That whole genre is the worst.

I think Agent may be right with "All Star."

It's a defeated genre. Most of it has just surrendered to top 40, only it's even more banal.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Has anyone ever listened to Gretchen Wilson? A less talented star doesn't exist. She sings what stupid bitches think, but are too stupid to say. She, on the other hand, is stupid enough to actually say them.

"Victoria's Secret

Well their stuff's real nice

Oh but I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal*Mart shelf half price "

The chorus to that song is a bunch of women yelling "Hell Yeah."

Has anyone ever listened to Gretchen Wilson? A less talented star doesn't exist. She sings what stupid bitches think, but are too stupid to say. She, on the other hand, is stupid enough to actually say them.

This is truth...yet she sells records like chaw tins at a rodeo. Further proof of why America re-elected the likes of George Bush.

I find roughly 95% of the music on radio these days to be highly embarrassing. The percentage is only slightly lower for 'classic rock' formats that seem to play Elton John, Journey, Styx, and Rod Stewart on a constant loop.

What's reggaeton? Is that like Dancehall?

The original crazy train was only good for the opening riff. The rest of the song sucks.

There are too many songs that suck for me to pick one, since none are really so bad that they stick out. The latest would be that new weezer song, probably because it's kind of sad knowing they used to churn out quality material not too long ago.

Guest Vitamin X

Reggaeton is one of the forms of latin hip-hop, albeit the most prominent and popular one. It's kind of a mix between reggae, hip-hop, and salsa, and it started out in Puerto Rico, though it's also extremely popular in the other hispanic Carribean islands among the youth. With Miami being a major immigration hotspot for these places, and it combined with being something of a major media target lately, MTV and the like has latched on to the genre and have kind of spread it to mainstream Americans, notably the more hispanic parts of the country... which doesn't make much sense since Mexican culture goes off a completely different sort of music than Cuban/Puerto Rican/Dominicans do, but I guess it goes perfectly fine with the ignorant American thinking of "all hispanics are the same".