TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justcoz

Justin Timberlake solo work

Pretty self explanatory. My girlfriend was somewhat suprised to hear my indie music loving self cranking his solo album and the new track with Snoop. She was kind enough to remind me that he's from N Synch who represent an era of popular music that I despised greatly. I've forgiven him. I think he's the closest thing to a modern day peak-era Michael Jackson in current music. Should I be ashamed of my fondness for some of his work?

I own a legit copy of "Justified".

Cry Me a River = Amazing song

It's not the lack of talent that bugs me with Justin Timberlake: it's obvious to me that he isn't just getting by on his looks out there. He's a very talented individual.

The problem that I, as well as many others, have with the guy is his overexposure. We don't want to know everything about Timberlake's personal life, and have thus gotten sick of him.

I own a legit copy of "Justified".

Cry Me a River = Amazing song

Timbaland is fucking rad.

Agreed amazing beat. Also Rock your Body was cool.

I don't like any others really.

"Like I Love You" is a song guaranteed to make me dance if it comes on in a club and the rest of "Justified" is a perfectly decent pop album.

"Gone" remains the greatest thing he has ever been associated with in my eyes, but yeah, I like him by himself over the N'Sync thing.

I agree "gone" was awesome. *NSYNC had a few good tunes.

*NSYNC > BSB

i like one backsteet song..."the call" thats it.

I don't see a problem with it. If you try to dance like he does in the videos, though, I suggest you visit a doctor.

*NSYNC > BSB

Only if you're not talking about arrest counts...

"Gone" remains the greatest thing he has ever been associated with in my eyes, but yeah, I like him by himself over the N'Sync thing.

"Gone" was a hot song, and it sounded like a RnB song. "Rock Your Body" is a decent track too

Who cares if you like him. I mean big deal, everyone likes what they like. Of course your comment about him being this era's michael jackson is quite a bit upsetting as today's michael jackson is probably stuck on some indy station that gets 128 listeners.

Guest Syxx

Backstreet Boys>N'Sync, as well, Show me the meaning of being lonely>Gone.

glad that youre man enough to admit that. I am not a big music fan period, in that I dont buy cds or go out of my way to watch mtv or vh1. My sister was in 8th grade when the boy band craze first started so rest assured I had to listen to all of that music. But hey, most of it was fun, harmelss, somewhat catchy stuff. I agree that most will hate on it due to the image thing, plus the overexposure. But you cant argue that some decent, catchy pop songs came out of that era. and it continued now with Mr, Timberlake. I agree that he is talented on his own. Like I said I am not a fan of this really, but I agree that the music aint bad. Glad to see someone from a teen idol boy group make it on their own, cuz it is very rare. (and the Michael Jackson comparaison is spot-on in that regard, from teen idol to adult pop superstar)

Hmmph. I got so much shit for liking Ashlee Simpson, but Justin Timberlake lovin' gets this response?

With that out of the way, I will admit that I like his singles, especially "Rock Your Body". Justin's voice annoys me, as does his attitude, but the kid has recorded some quality pop songs, and I'm a sucker for catchy pop tunes when they're done right.

glad that youre man enough to admit that.  I am not  a big music fan period, in that I dont buy cds or go out of my way to watch mtv or vh1.

Ha. I'm a music fan that goes out of his way to avoid MTV and VH1.

Point Well Taken.

MTV WHERE OUR NEW MOTTO IS: HEY REMEMBER THOSE MUSIC VIDEO THINGIES? NEITHER DO WE!

no way, "I Can Love You More Than That" is Backstreet's best song...

Having a girlfriend who's huge into Backstreet, I always liked "The Call" myself. And their new song actually isn't half bad.

But I too dig solo Timberlake.