TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Luther Reigns released

Guest news_gimmick

Hm, didn't see that one coming. Guess they just lost all confidence in him, and he was pretty much directionless after Team Angle split.

Now..most of the firings, honestly, I just ignore because I don't really care about them. But this, this sucks. For me, he was one of the few big guys that I actually really enjoyed...for some unknown reason. I mean, they wouldn't have been the greatest, but they could have just left him and Mark Jindrak a tag team, and actually had them in the title hunt.

Or at least did what they're doing with Jindrak and make him a Velocity guy. There's plenty of other guys they could not use.

Guest Neon

This is not really that surprising actually. Meltzer reported not too long ago that he was in the dog house for some reason. It was obvious based on the having Big Show squash him a few times.

Big guy, wrestling is his weaker aspect while talking is something he's pretty good at. So he was put in too many matches and not given enough chances to talk. Not a huge loss, but somebody that could've been used much better.

However...does this mean Snitsky is the next to go?  I mean, we haven't seen him in God knows how long...

I sure hope not. Guy's a shitty wrestler, but God Damn, his character is one of the most entertaining ones on Raw.

Also, it's probably just me, but they must have let Reigns go to make room for Diva Search 2.

Luther and Matt Morgan are in the same boat skill-wise, as both are nothing in the ring, but great talkers. I like Morgan more than Luther though, even though the Inspector Impact character in OVW he did (as Johnny Ace's OVW liason) was gold.

Luther is the perfect "bodyguard/muscle who occasionally wrestles" type of guy. Have him cut promo's for his "boss" or whomever, and run interference. Build up his in-ring appearances a bit, and leave them confined to tag matches or brawls to hide the weaknesses.

This sucks. It's nowhere near as disappointing as Matt Hardy and Molly's releases, as they were my favorite male and female wrestlers in the company, respectively. Still, Luther's team with Jindrak (whom I also like) was title worthy, and what's the point of the release? Now Luther's gone and Jindrak's back on Velocity.

I guarantee you that if Luther goes to All-Japan, he'll be incredibly over.

This sucks. It's nowhere near as disappointing as Matt Hardy and Molly's releases, as they were my favorite male and female wrestlers in the company, respectively. Still, Luther's team with Jindrak (whom I also like) was title worthy, and what's the point of the release? Now Luther's gone and Jindrak's back on Velocity.

I guarantee you that if Luther goes to All-Japan, he'll be incredibly over.

They hadn't been a team for a while now.

It's too bad too, because if WWE let Jindrak work the "jacked up high flyer" style he had in WCW, with Reigns as the talker of the team, they'd be a lot more appealling than "two random hosses v.3645645".

The rosters aren't even jam packed and they are releasing people left and right trying to fill spots with guys they bring up. Oh well. I wonder where all this Luther love is coming from B-) He didn't seem to get many topics or threads with him in it or maybe I just didn't care. He's not really that bad though. They have worse on the roster. It's amazing Holly is still around with all his drama.

Guest news_gimmick

I'm still holding out on Snitsky moving to Smackdown and becoming Heidenreich's new FRIIIIIEND!

Well I think it'd be hilarious, if anything.

Boy, sure seems like WWE is firing a lot of people later for either no good reason, or the fact that they never let the person get over. Guess they are cutting payroll to make room for more "divas."

Guest jumpingbombangel
Boy, sure seems like WWE is firing a lot of people later for either no good reason, or the fact that they never let the person get over. Guess they are cutting payroll to make room for more "divas."

You know, I think the WWE is going in a "new" direction...the "let's have the biggest number of hot women on our programming...more than anyone else in the WORLD!" direction. Even though the goal is admirable, the excecution is rather weak.

You know, I think the WWE is going in a "new" direction...the "let's have the biggest number of hot women on our programming...more than anyone else in the WORLD!" direction. Even though the goal is admirable, the excecution is rather weak.

Not just "hot women", oh no. It's "hot women" who can't do anything other than just stand there and be "hot"!

Not just "hot women", oh no. It's "hot women" who can't do anything other than just stand there and be "hot"!

Don't forget they need to pay Puder and the new RAW diva their big bucks.

Guest Fook

Eh, no big loss. I never cared about Luther. He had nothing that made him stand out from the pack.

Guest nokia

another good worker gone while many "not so good" worjers are left unharmed..

this sucks

Guest Trivia247
Well, I'm mostly indifferent to this one.

However...does this mean Snitsky is the next to go? I mean, we haven't seen him in God knows how long...

Not until after Snitsky is revealed to make a Deal with lita to inadvertantly cause the miscarriage and make Kane go nuts.