TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Remember "Tron Guy"? Well, the good news is, he finally found someone. The bad news is that this is who he found:

i208451_tronguyathomeandintheair.2435412.36.jpg

^OMG WITTGENSTEIN PRIVATE LANGUAGE ARGUMENT~!

yeah, i don't think there's a single philosopher of aesthetics who would agree with the "no audience" statement. if art can be an entirely private experience, done only for its creator's benefit, then you could consider things like diary entries, taking drugs, and my cat cleaning itself as "arts."

Wait, what about Wittengstein's private language argument? Do you believe it's possible for such a thing (a private language) to exist?

I'll also note that years ago I sniffed glue and posted about it on the internet, and in the thread identified myself as an artist. And also cut "this is art" into my chest. As chaotic as my mind sometimes feels, I am pleased to discover how remarkably consistent I am.

that was directed towards byron, whose objection to milky was basically that art needs to be possible as a form of communication, with mutual understanding of intentions and whatnot, in order for it to actually be art. it's more or less the same point that wittgenstein says about language, i.e., that the concept of a "private language" doesn't make sense.

that was directed towards byron, whose objection to milky was basically that art needs to be possible as a form of communication, with mutual understanding of intentions and whatnot, in order for it to actually be art. it's more or less the same point that wittgenstein says about language, i.e., that the concept of a "private language" doesn't make sense.

I agree with Ludwig.

Scott McCloud had an interesting definition of art that I once agreed with:

"Art, as I see it, is any human activity which doesn't grow out of either of our species' two basic instincts: survival and reproduction."

I don't feel that way about it anymore though...

Nigger what?

You ain't even seen me in my prime.

Eatin' baby brains, baby veins, baby spines.

I know they be cryin' when I'm cuttin' off the neck

And peelin' off the skin for some baby-fried croquettes

Baby killin' spine, that baby-killin' mind

A fifth pint of gin cause I know I'm doin' time

So catch me now before I do my next crime

My kids' gotta eat, somebody's baby's on my mind, nigga.

I think I met the most stereotypical 'dumb Americans' today at work. I work at the local harbour, and a boatfull of them came in to go to dinner and while one of them went in to check in with customs, the rest of them (well, the older ones, I think they had their kids with them) seemed to be in awe of the fact that they were actually in another country. The one guy asked me if they had to 'parlay frawn-say' and when I shook my head, his wife chimed in, 'Oh yeah, that's just down in Montreal, right?' The other woman was amazed that I sounded different than they did, while the girl I was working with didn't, and she kept pointing at me and yelling that I had some sort of an accent. Oh, and they also demanded that we show them how polite Canadians are, however you do that.

Some guy today asked me what we call quarters in Canada.

This really weird hip-hop song that's probably called 'All These Hoes' or something like that has suddenly started playing on my PC for no detectable reason. It stopped before I could finish typing this post. Strange.

My friend called me at 12:45 this afternoon to ask if I wanted to come have a Bellini with him and play some video games. When I informed him that it was barely past noon, he registered genuine surprise.

I chose my current avatar because I dug the white man fro, but after linking it to my cousin she thought I'd grown my hair out, and the guy kinda does look like me, sorta. Except that my hair is stick straight, no curls at all.

Peculiar.

Here's a chicken-egg question for ya.

Which came first, the term "doobie" or the Doobie Brothers? Or Scooby Doobie Doo?

The Doobie Brothers (Jimmy and Johnny Doobie) were originally imagined as a vaguely countercultural answer to the Everly Brothers, as evidenced by their celebrated 1967 marijuana paean "Unchained Doobie." They eventually settled into a permanent MOR funk and were eventually fronted by "Stuff That No People Like" mainstay Michael McDonald. Some version of the band can be seen at a state fair near you to this very day.

So I guess that the doobie came before the egg. I don't know where Scooby fits into all of this.

The "Fuckin Wisconsin" thread reminded me of an awesome Paint pic from here a few months ago. Like a TSM demographic.

Can anyone find that? I thought it was from the poster tourney, but I perused it earlier to no avail.

I laughed:

JERUSALEM — Doctors say a premature baby girl who survived six hours in a hospital morgue refrigerator after being declared stillborn has died despite efforts to save her.

The baby had been delivered in the 23rd week of pregnancy at a weight of just one pound, five ounces and was initially declared dead and placed in the morgue.

When the parents came to collect the tiny body for burial on Monday they found the baby breathing and showing a faint heartbeat and she was rushed to the intensive care unit.

Hospital deputy director Moshe Daniel said the child died early Tuesday. He told Army Radio the specific cause of death would only be known after a post-mortem examination.

Guest Vitamin X
How the fuck did I end up in "Liberals"?

The same way I apparently ended up in Judd Apatow fluffers.

Guest Vitamin X

I think you're actually more in Chocolate Socket than you are in Judd Apatow fluffers.

EDIT: I propose making a new TSMerica. It's time for a Change.