TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Hell yeah. That shit works. Try just walking into a room and announcing "Gooood evening ladies and gentle-men. We are tonight's entertainment." I can do a fair impression of him too.

Driver Charged With .491 Blood Alcohol Level

Highest In State's History For Someone Who Wasn't Dead

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) ― State Police arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level allegedly was .491 -- more than six times the legal limit -- which they believe is the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.

Stanley Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board on Interstate 95 in Providence, Maj. Steven O'Donnell said.

After police arrived, Kobierowski had trouble getting out of the car, then grabbed it and refused to move, forcing troopers to carry him to the breakdown lane before taking him back to their barracks, O'Donnell said.

A Breathalyzer test showed Kobierowski had blood alcohol readings of .489 followed by .491, Kobierowski said, the highest readings anyone at the State Police or the Department of Health could remember for someone who didn't end up dead.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is .08. A blood alcohol of .3 is classified as "stupor," .4 is "comatose" and .5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.

"Our only assumption could be that the person has a serious alcohol problem," O'Donnell said. "The person's lucky they survived. There's no doubt he would have gotten killed or killed someone if he had continued on the route he was taking."

Kobierowski was taken to Rhode Island Hospital where he was put in the detoxification unit and sedated, O'Donnell said. He was scheduled to be arraigned later Tuesday on charges of drunken driving and resisting arrest.

I brought a can of something called snus home from work today after being pressured by the Newport rep into pushing it onto unsuspecting cigarette customers. The first minute or so of having this little pouch in your mouth is like a mild form of torture. Like Ralph Wiggum said, it tastes like burning.

Edit: Aggghhh. I swallowed some of the juice. The fuck, Norway?

Ugh. I've tried the chewing tobacco before, and never seen the appeal. A lot of southern wrestlers do the shit, so I've been peer pressured into it a couple times, although most never had to pressure me too hard to try some new chemical. I never got the tiniest worthwhile sensation off it, just felt like I was sucking on something incredibly spicy yet blandly tasteless. Plus you have to have the spitty cup, which is a hundred kinds of white trash. It was very yucky. And this is coming from someone who will enthusiastically take a very similar product, set it on fire, and inhale the carcinogenic result into my lungs with much pleasure.

I chewed a few times while on a train (when I still smoked, of course). It was highly unpleasant when I accidentally swallowed some juice, but the buzz I got off Skoal was like my first cigarette times 50. Enjoyable for what it was.

The one time I tried chew, the bottom of my cup was broken. I didn't notice for awhile, but all the juice was coming out onto my pants. Gross.

Actually, I think I was drunk and high and thought that I was just missing the cup when spitting before I realized what was going on.

...It was very yucky. And this is coming from someone who will enthusiastically take a very similar product, set it on fire, and inhale the carcinogenic result into my lungs with much pleasure.

i wouldn't even try dipping. it's making me sick just reading it. i'd much rather suck fire into my delicate, pink lungs.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I put an entire pouch of Red Man in my mouth at once on a bet.

Guest The Elements of Style
Filthy habit. If you want a buzz, man up and smoke crack.

Nighthawk is right, Matt. Chewing tobacco is just filthy. You don't want to be known as a tobacco-chewer, do you?

Filthy habit. If you want a buzz, man up and smoke crack.

Nighthawk is right, Matt. Chewing tobacco is just filthy. You don't want to be known as a tobacco-chewer, do you?

No. I said I tried it a few times, years ago. It was certainly never a "habit" by any means. I don't even use tobacco anymore, period. I haven't smoked since May 11, 2007.

First, I really like Ginger's use of Philistines. Not that I think of anyone here as either settler, medieval (or prior), or admirers of anything either symbolic of or legitimately Goliath. I just think it's rare. Kudos.

Second, there seems to have been a lot of Simpsons lines used here lately. This confuses me, especially in the light of my relative flop of a thread about that show.

I'm merely using a lot of references, here and in real life. I'm embracing the fact that I am, essentially Juno Plainview as played by Heath Ledger as the Joker. Why fight it? It's who I am.

The Simpsons just happens to be my biggest treasure trove. It's like this big... thing of riches.

I'm merely using a lot of references, here and in real life. I'm embracing the fact that I am, essentially Juno Plainview as played by Heath Ledger as the Joker. Why fight it? It's who I am.

The Simpsons just happens to be my biggest treasure trove. It's like this big... thing of riches.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a critique in any way. Just an observation.

You're not those things. Those things are you.