TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimensions

Interbrand Match on 7/11 Raw

In a promotional message sent out to WWE Mailing List subscribers, WWE confirmed an interbrand main-event for the 7/11 WWE RAW telecast. The event, which takes place at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena, will see Batista and John Cena take on Triple H and John Bradshaw Layfield.

The unprecedented match should help move tickets for that particular edition of RAW, which is already emanating from a very hot wrestling market.

Credit: PWInsider.com

While it is interesting to see this interbrand matchup, I'm concerned with match quality since it appears JBL could very well be the best worker of the 4.

Guest NewYorkFox

I'm guessing this'll be after the camera's have gone off air.

It's the perfect way to get fans to turn up without afecting the storylines.

I doubt more fans will buy tix just for this one match. Seriously, consider the fact that fans buy tix for tv tapings where they have no idea what will take place but buy them anyway and hope for the best (like me getting raw tix in anaheim and it turning out to be the kane-lita wedding debacle)

Guest Nater
While it is interesting to see this interbrand matchup, I'm concerned with match quality since it appears JBL could very well be the best worker of the 4.

OHH!! Burn!!

Seriously though, this will be no 2000 type of match set. I'm not even sure Batista knows how to wrestle yet...

It's a post-match dark match that you're never gonna see. Why are you concerned?

It'll probably be a fun match, with lots of comedy spots like the other dark matches.

It's a post-match dark match that you're never gonna see. Why are you concerned?

It'll probably be a fun match, with lots of comedy spots like the other dark matches.

You are right, I will not be paying to go to any WWE show anytime soon. It's not worth it.

And my perspective of being concerned is IF I was to be going to that particular show. I did not make myself very clear on that in the first post.

I was thinking..they could be calling it an Interbrand match now..but what if Cena and JBL go to RAW, HHH and Batista stay on RAW..They might be figuring with SD going to Friday Night they can just shoot SD to hell from here on out until it gets canceled...

Hmm..

That would be messed up.

But its possible because NOBODY IS SAFE FROM THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Andrew J.

It says the match is the main event of the TELECAST, so it's not going to be a dark match, assuming PWI is accurate.

I doubt more fans will buy tix just for this one match. Seriously, consider the fact that fans buy tix for tv tapings where they have no idea what will take place but buy them anyway and hope for the best (like me getting raw tix in anaheim and it turning out to be the kane-lita wedding debacle)

Me and a few people (several of which are posters here) have tix to the 7/4 supershow in Sac, we can only hope that it will be good.

You guys act like HHH is on par with Heidenreich, for God's sakes. He isn't a bad wrestler, he's just over used.

Guest Rrrsh

HHH is an average wrestler. Heidenreich is aweful. I dont think anyone is calling HHH aweful. But he aint good.

He's sure as hell better than JBL. When he's healthy, HHH is still one of the top 10 wrestlers in the WWE.

You lie.

Eddie

Benoit

Rey

London

Benjamin

Michaels

JBL

Venis

Regal

Tajiri

There, ten wrestlers off the top of my head better than HHH at his best.

They're doing that match in South Korea, too. Another interesting one from Satima Japan is Taker/Kane/Mysterio vs Edge/Angle/Eddie. While this is off topic, the South Korea and two Satima house shows look pretty good (the 2nd Satima show is even has a match marketed as "WRESTLEMANIA 19 REMATCH!" - HBK vs Jericho).

Tajiri is obviously better then HHH. JBL isn't better then HHH at his best but I'd say they are at same level nowadays though. Regal is a great athlete but you'd have to see him in the top to see if he's better then HHH. And Venis is a great wrestler as well, but same with Regal.

So is this going to be the first time ever in wrestling history that two world champions worked together as a tag team?

Guest ManKinnd

I can't think of one **** Venis match.

And don't lecture me about time or opponents given, because arguments have to based off facts, and every time someone tells me Venis is great, they end up arguing that he "could" be great if given good time and opponents. But no one knows that for sure.

Well...Triple H has been given all the time and all the opponents, and I'm still waiting for something great. He's a decent worker and a decent champion, and I'm happy for him as a person that he's getting such a great push. He's not horrible so..I can accept him in his position.

I think the match could be fun to see how it plays out, as July is the draft month right?