GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Why are people trying to justify Eddie's shitty perfomance in that horribly dissapointing match last night? The guy didn't try and the match sucked. It doesn't matter if he wasn't an ECW guy or not; if he was on the show, he should have gave 100% for, you know, the fans that bought the PPV.

It's not like they had Eddie jobbing out to some ECW guy who hadn't been on TV in 4 years.  He was jobbing to friggin Benoit, that's hardly a bad loss.  On a reunion type show.  Had Deano been at this show I would have been amused by Eddie jobbing to him moreso than Benoit.

Sounds like Eddie is becoming the Latino HHH on Smackdown. Ugh. This absolutely sucks. I hope he doesn't ask WWE to let him squash Paul London every other month like HHH does to the Hurricane on Raw.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Some notes/thoughts when watching the Benoit-Guererro match again....

Guererro might have been pissed at the end of the match due to the fact that Benoit probably had direct pressure on his broken nose in that crossface. Notice when he had the submission on him, Eddy moved his face (and nose) over a little bit after he got it on him.

For what its worth though, how could either of them expect to have a good "japanese style" of a match in under 10 minutes? They would have needed 20-25 at least and of course been much more cooperative with each other and have laid out a much better match than what I saw there.

Why the fuck was Bradshaw standing up and cheering Benoit like crazy at the end of the match? Maybe he was already drunk by then...

So far, with the exception of Eddie's alleged sandbagging, I like what I hear coming out the WWE camp...

1. Great to see that Paul and Tommy can run the best show of the year show and they did it without HHH or Stephanie to no ones suprise of course.

2. I hope that the WWE see's that poeple would go nuts for a national show like ECW right now..if not now then ever damnit!

3. RVD could be the next big thing..Stone Cold came back from a broken neck, this should be no problem for R-V-D......

Why are people trying to justify Eddie's shitty perfomance in that horribly dissapointing match last night? The guy didn't try and the match sucked. It doesn't matter if he wasn't an ECW guy or not; if he was on the show, he should have gave 100% for, you know, the fans that bought the PPV.

No one is trying to justify it. Sulking because he had to job (if it's true) is silly, regardless of the situation, and half-assing it is pretty shitty. HOWEVER, to crucify the guy for ONE bad performance is just idiotic. By all means, he deserves criticism (IF IT'S TRUE, and IF it wasn't anything to do with his injury) but comments like "fuck Eddie Guerrero" are just insane. Nevermind that the guy constantly puts on some of the best performances in the company, or that he's probably the best wrestler in the E, let's just kill him for one bad display. Nevermind that he had a broken nose, the crowd was ignoring his match and he was given only nine minutes.

Well if the buyrate WAS 800k, then RVD is going to need a Main EVent push when he comes back, because 800,000 people obviously care about both him, and all the WWE ECW guys. Hell, bring in Fonzie, I'd mark.

Well, now that I think about it:

-During a Paul London/Akio match on Smackdown last week, Eddie ran in and beat both of them up within one minute of the match starting just to cut a promo and take away their spotlight.

-Eddie getting pissed about having to put Benoit over at ECW: ONS, and intentionally giving Benoit a bad match.

Also, can someone go back and listen to JBL after the Tanaka/Awesome match? I'm probably hearing things, but I'm sure JBL says to OJ, regarding Awesome, "call him". Probably not, but that's what it sounded like.

-During a Paul London/Akio match on Smackdown last week, Eddie ran in and beat both of them up within one minute of the match starting just to cut a promo and take away their spotlight.

Because Eddie was the one who wrote that into SD, of course.

-Eddie getting pissed about having to put Benoit over at ECW: ONS, and intentionally giving Benoit a bad match.

Well, there ya go. You proved me wrong. Let's make Eddie Guerrero the NEW anti-Christ of the "IWC". After all, a writer had him INTERFERE IN A MATCH BETWEEN LONDON AND AKIO! He gave ONE BAD PERFORMANCE! What a fucking asshole that Eddie Guerrero is!

but comments like fuck Eddie Guerrero" are just insane.

No it isn't.

-Eddie looked like he didn't want to be there the moment he came out.

-He obviously wasn't hardly trying in the match.

-At times it looked like he was trying his best to fuck up the match. Look at the coner spot where they were exchanging chops for an example, and there was plenty more of spots in the match like that.

-It's being reported that he did all of this on purpose, not for any other reason really.

-It's being reported that he was bitching about jobbing to Benoit of all people, on a tribute show, where the loss doesn't mean shit anyway.

All of that = "fuck Eddie Guerrero" in my book. I'd say the same if it was anyone else in his place. Have it be Benoit, Angle, JBL, HHH, Hogan, Holly, I really could care less.

After the show I totally forgot one of my huge mark-outs of the night...

Seeing VLADIMIR the superfan alive and well after vanishing from WWE crowds.

Is that the darker guy with really short hair thats ALWAYS hyped up? The guy that they showed in the front row when Heyman was telling the crowd they were insane or whatever? I used to always see that guy at events, and I think they did a small profile on him in an old WWF Mag.

Nevermind that he had a broken nose, the crowd was ignoring his match and he was given only nine minutes.

While he certainly shouldn't be crucified for having one bad match, you can't just "Eh. He didn't try, but he USUALLY does so he's off the hook this time". Blaming the crowd, broken nose and the time it was given is nonsense as well. The match was going nowhere to begin with. They didn't try to display any type of wrestling psychology, instead opting to throw out chops and random moves until Benoit's tap out victory finish.

Well if the buyrate WAS 800k, then RVD is going to need a Main EVent push when he comes back, because 800,000 people obviously care about both him, and all the WWE ECW guys.  Hell, bring in Fonzie, I'd mark.

Nah, not in the slightest. Those 800 000 people bought the PPV for ECW, not RVD. I'm a huge RVD mark, and I sure as hell didn't get the PPV for him.

Well, there ya go. You proved me wrong. Let's make Eddie Guerrero the NEW anti-Christ of the "IWC". After all, a writer had him INTERFERE IN A MATCH BETWEEN LONDON AND AKIO! He gave ONE BAD PERFORMANCE! What a fucking asshole that Eddie Guerrero is!

If the bad match had been due to Eddie being injured or personal issues, it would have been understandable. However, it's obviously been reported that one of the reasons that the match was bad was because Eddie was upset over having to lose to Benoit last night, and therefore, Eddie, for some stupid reason, decided to phone in his performance just to piss Benoit off.

Nah, not in the slightest. Those 800 000 people bought the PPV for ECW, not RVD. I'm a huge RVD mark, and I sure as hell didn't get the PPV for him.

Sorry EdgeHead, but the people bought the PPV for the WWE invasion, not RVD or ECW.

;)

What I meant was that they bought the PPV for all the ECW guys, as well as RVD. An ECW needs a decent push, and coupled with his comeback from injury, then he deserves a good sized push to capitalise on the large number of buys.

Nevermind that he had a broken nose, the crowd was ignoring his match and he was given only nine minutes.

While he certainly shouldn't be crucified for having one bad match, you can't just "Eh. He didn't try, but he USUALLY does so he's off the hook this time". Blaming the crowd, broken nose and the time it was given is nonsense as well. The match was going nowhere to begin with. They didn't try to display any type of wrestling psychology, instead opting to throw out chops and random moves until Benoit's tap out victory finish.

I guess you missed the part where I said he deserved criticism.

If Eddie got all bitchy because he had to do the job, then he deserves to be criticised for that act, especially if it played a part in the match being sub-par.

But to try and turn into a sign than Eddie is turning into anything close to a Triple H-level politician is beyond absurd.

I will crucify Eddie for his one bad performance if it was intentional. No one here is dogging (and if they are, they have no right to) Rey Jr. because he was injured and still tried, but Eddie deserves to be shit on for not trying at all. There's absolutely no excuse for that. It completely goes against what Paul Heyman said ECW stood for. "Despite sometimes someone having their own agenda, in the end they did what was best for ECW." Eddie Guerrero didn't do what was best for ECW; he didn't give a shit about ECW or Chris Benoit, which is doubly disrespectful. So even if it was a one time thing, fuck him.

And for justifying his performance because the 4,000 people in the crowd weren't paying attention to him is bullshit, because there was a lot more than 4,000 people in their living rooms, at their favorite bars, at friends hang out spots, etc. who were not paying attention to Edge and wanted to see a Benoit/Guerrero classic, but got screwed over because Eddie was a sore bitch about jobbing. I would have rather seen Guerrero walk out and then have someone who actually gave a shit about the fans wrestle Benoit, such as Al Snow in a rematch from Double Tables.

I guess Eddie Guerrero was having a one night stand of his own when it comes to cheating on his usual professional attitude.

OK, I have something to ask. I have given the reasons that I enjoyed the show, so could the people who voted that the show was 'bad' do the same? Please, I would really like to hear what made you dislike the show.

Bombshell from Mike Johnson of PWI Elite Audio:

-- Preliminary buyrates have ECW One Night Stand pulling 800,000 buys, which would mean it would have outdrawn WrestleMania 19. Unbelievable.

If that 800,000 figure is true, one of the brands just got cancelled.... that's just an insane buyrate.

Anything over 300,000 was considered a big success.

Do you think ECW will be restored an an active promotion (if not as a third brand) due to the overwhelming success of this event?

Guest Vitamin X
Bombshell from Mike Johnson of PWI Elite Audio:

-- Preliminary buyrates have ECW One Night Stand pulling 800,000 buys, which would mean it would have outdrawn WrestleMania 19. Unbelievable.

Hey, that's pretty crazy considering Wrestlemania 19 was the last time I ever watched wrestling (and thus bought a PPV) until last night.

Of course, I still haven't watched it, because Comcast fucked up my PPV order and were severely backed up, so I ordered it on WWE.com and I still haven't watched it because the network was down.

Hopefully it'll work tonight.