GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

To me this was better than anything WWE has done since the invasion.

JBL is a bastard.

No matter how good the buy rate, ECW will never be alive again. I think the best anyone can hope for is a yearly thing. But still i don't think that will happen.

This PPv makes me never wanna watch that WWE shit again. Or TNA shit.

Do you all think they will let the language go for ONS when it comes out on DVD? I mean, they did let the Rise and Fall ECW DVD go all out on the language. There would be to much editing.

WWE threw together those matches with most of the matches' participants not having worked together in years (Rey/Nicho, The Triple Threat, Main event tag, etc), so naturally their first match together again would be awkward. Which is why they should have ran those matches on the house show circuit in late May to June, when the fans already know the card, before the PPV.

While the RAW preview sucks, here is the early preview for Smackdown this week:

"What will be the fallout from ECW’s One Night Stand pay-per-view when SmackDown! visits Hershey, PA., this week?"

And here is a transcription of the Paul Heyman "shoot":

Paul Heyman enters the ring, with visible tears in his eyes listening to the crowd.

"Thank You Paul" Chants from the crowd…

Heyman looks very emotional…

More "ECW" Chants from the crowd…

Paul Heyman: "I want you to know that I'm not crying…my eyes are red because I was in the back smoking a joint with Van Dam…

I have a need in my heart to thank Tod Gordon for giving me the chance to be creative and book for you crazy bastards. I have a need to thank that man Ron Buffone and his partner Charlie Bruzzese for sticking with us and sitting in a TV Studio and building that TV show for you…you are the craziest bastards I have ever met in my life…I love every one of you.

(Crowd starts to chant "Paul E.")

Paul Heyman: "And I was gonna take the high road and just say thank you and leave…"

Mick Foley: "Don't take the high road Paul…"

Paul Heyman: "…but I have something to say to you! (points to the WWE wrestlers in the balcony) You see…I've waited a long time to say this to you…Eric Bischoff! But in case you don't notice…it's not Paul Heyman with his tail between his legs going to a WCW PPV…YOU ARE IN OUR HOUSE…B****!"

(Crowd cheers and chants "ECW")

Paul Heyman: "Oh wait a minute… wait a minute… wait a minute…hide your wives…it's Edge!"

(Crowd begins to chant "You Screwed Matt" to Edge as he reacts with a laugh and starts drinking his beer)

Paul Heyman: "Now Edge…I know nobody with a written promo has the balls to say this to you but…I have two words for you…MATT-FREAKIN'-HARDY!"

(Crowd Erupts in a massive pop and starts chanting "We Want Matt!" as Edge does a spit take with his beer)

Paul Heyman: "Well, with that…I almost forgot about you! Mr. Shoot Promo himself…bounced Checks…ECW went out of business...Hey John…On a personal note…from all of us just to you…since you want to shoot cowboy…the only reason you were WWE Champion for a year, is because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays…"

(JBL mocks Heyman by imitating Redd Foxx telling Elizabeth that he's coming to heaven with a heart attack as the crowd erupts in approval)

Paul Heyman: "Now one more time for old times sakes…right there so the whole world can see us…this ain't WCW…this ain't Monday Night RAW…this ain't SmackDown!...this ain't even WWE…this my friends…is E-C-F***ING-W!!"

(Crowd chants "ECW" as Paul Heyman exits the Hammerstein Ballroom)

Daniel "DCB316" Bradshaw

Senior Writer / News Center Administrator

PowerWrestling.com

The censorship pissed me off. I wonder what bischoff could have said to cause the 5 second bleep?

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

I figured he said "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ECW"

I had such a great time watching the PPV last night. IT was basically a three hour markout for my friends and I. One Night Stand was the most fun I've had watching a PPV probably since I went to 'Mania XVIII.

Our place went batshit when the "War Machine" riff hit. And seeing Tazz with the towel and "FTW" just about sent me through the roof.

BLUE MEANIE COMMENTS ON ONE NIGHT STAND AND THE JBL SHOOT INCIDENT

by Mike Johnson @ 1:15:00 PM on 6/13/2005

The Blue Meanie posted the following comments this afternoon on his website's blog:

What turned out to be a beautiful weekend came to end on a sour note. I guess by now you all know what happened last night between Bradshaw and myself. It's no secret that Bradshaw never liked me from my first day in the WWE to my last. What I did to the guy to piss him off I don't know but then maybe I never needed to know. Bradshaw has always had the rep of being a bully and a liberty taker in the ring and he also has a rep of getting away with it.

Once the ECW/WWE brawl started I paired of with Coach and I felt a punch come from out of nowhere. My first instinct was to hit back BUT I also had the issue of trying to protect the 14 staples I have in my head. I got some rib shots in the best I could but he got the upper hand with going to my face, opening a fresh wound on my forehead and swelling my eye.

All I saw was red as the blood fill me eyes and I believe it was Maven I pulled on top of me to get him to "choke" me. After he got cleared out guys came up to check on me and we went on the other deal with Austin and Bischoff and the big post brawl party in the ring. As F***ed up as what Bradshaw did, the crowd reaction had me so buzzed that I didn’t feel anything.

I got to the back and Bradshaw was in a part of the gorilla position. He came over like he was going to do something else but people got in between. He was yelling about me talking about him on the Internet. The rest of what he said I didn’t hear cause I was too busy saying, “Yo, it’s a work!” and “Dude, the business is a F***in work!!” So I did the best thing anyone could ever do in the situation and just walked away.

I got stitched up and said my good byes. A lot of the guys were pissed and asked what happened. When I told them they were pissed even more. We got home and all I have been doing is popping Aleve and icing my face and reflecting. All this happened over was me calling him a bully. Well John……… you just proved me right.

In closing I want to say thank you to everyone who ran Hardcore Homecoming Friday night. I wanna say thank you to the WWE for giving EC Dub an opportunity to shine last night. I wanna say to the rest of the WWE workers and staff a big thank you for the hospitality. It was great catching up with all of you. To my EC Dub brothers and sisters I wanna say I love you. I was in heaven seeing all of you this weekend and doing it one more time. To the fans I wanna say I love you because with out the fans we wouldn’t have been anywhere without you this past weekend. I will be going back to icing my face and ponder if I will be wrestling on this weekends 3PW show. I will probably pull off of it so I can properly heal these stitches and staples. Plus we all know chicks dig scars.

I love you all!!

Guest jumpingbombangel
A couple of bones:

2) I didn't get the hate for the 619.  I know this is supposed to be old school ECW but a guy isn't allowed to augment his repertoire?  If anyone dogged it in that match it was Psicosis.

People are saying it's the 619 that was booed, but I don't see a problem with the move itself. The problem is we've seen it too much already, just like all the other things the WWE is still trying to push as new and innovative. I'm not gonna pop for shit you've been popping 12 year olds with, Rey-Rey.

You know, I never was much for the Meanie (always comic cannon fodder, never a wrestler), but he had a quote on his MySpace about Bradshaw...

I got to the back and Bradshaw was in a part of the gorilla position. He came over like he was going to do something else but people got in between. He was yelling about me talking about him on the Internet.  The rest of what he said I didn’t hear cause I was too busy saying, “Yo, it’s a work!” and “Dude, the business is a F***in work!!” So I did the best thing anyone could ever do in the situation and just walked away.

Awww, that's cute. Insecure little OLD Justin Hawk Bradshaw is still a mark for himself and apparently gives enough of a damn about the internet to be mad at someone as obscure as the Blue Meanie.

I'm starting to get the feeling the WWE doesn't dislike the internet, they just get really really nervous when a huge informational medium is able to call them out on their errors.

Do you all think they will let the language go for ONS when it comes out on DVD? I mean, they did let the Rise and Fall ECW DVD go all out on the language. There would be to much editing.

They'll probably leave it in because the Joey Styles references wouldn't make sense if they removed the censorship.

Plus you have to remember that last night's broadcast was rated TV-14, not TV-M.

There was only so much they could let go.

was it me or when the live feed ended Styles yelled ECW RULES! and the replay he yelled ECW LIVES!

He said ECW LIVES both time. You must have heard him incorrectly the first time.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

One thing I did notice but forgot to mention is that during the PPV I didn't see ANYONE really get up during the show. I mean at WWE you see people get up in drones during women's matches, or matches we don't care about etc, but I have to say, everyone was glued the whole nite. It sucked the whole crowd in from beginnig to end. I don't think I marked out as much as I did last nite in years!

One thing I did notice but forgot to mention is that during the PPV I didn't see ANYONE really get up during the show.  I mean at WWE you see people get up in drones during women's matches, or matches we don't care about etc, but I have to say, everyone was glued the whole nite.  It sucked the whole crowd in from beginnig to end.  I don't think I marked out as much as I did last nite in years!

I know your talking about the live crowd but,

I even got up from my seat only once to pee. (during start of awesome vs tanaka) But i left the door open so i could hear joey shooting on awesome.

I didn't take 1 smoke break the whole PPV. i usually take 2 or 3 during a normal PPV. I went outside to smoke during batista vs trips at WM for christs sake.

Guest jumpingbombangel
My favorite part of the show was Bischoff not backing down from his ECW hate after getting destroyed.

What was he supposed to do, fully embrace it like Stephanie McMahon did?

I hope not. That fat worthless heifer smothered it.

They'll probably leave it in because the Joey Styles references wouldn't make sense if they removed the censorship.

Plus you have to remember that last night's broadcast was rated TV-14, not TV-M.

There was only so much they could let go.

I hope so.

I mean, the language, the promos were all ECW-esque, and WWE wanted to go for authentic as possible.

Guest JMA
That's why we need Brock Lesnar back.

He can drop JBL on his head like he did to Holly.

That would be great. You know JBL would try to shoot on him, too.

One day Bradshaw is going to mess with the wrong guy and get his ass kicked.

I was thinking the same exact thing last night. And if it wasnt for the Dudeley's bailing his ass out, that day would have been yesterday.

Did you see the look on some of the ECW guys face. I didnt even know at the time that Meanie got stiffed, all I know is a few people looked like they wanted to murder Jobble, especially Snow and Sandman.

Bradshaw is a Fuck...but this was funny.

"When you sit on your little internet. And you email you friend and say "I'm Hardcore" and he emails you back and says "I'm Hardcore too!" - JBL

HAHAHA i just imagine someone seriously doing this! what an awesome convo.

What's funny is that JBL blasted ECW fans for taking the internet so seriously, and he was backstage bitching about what Meanie said...on the internet.

How ironic.

I would have seriously feared for JBL's life had Al Snow gotten hold of him. From what I've always heard, Snow is more than capable of thoroughly fucking you up.

Speaking of drunks, is it just me or did Eddie seem High/Drunk on his way to the ring? My very first thought when I seen him was that he looked like he fell of the horse.

I wish New Jack had been there, he'd have probably stabbed JBL right in the middle of the ring.

Guest *KNK*

Eddie just plain looked like he didnt want to be there. One of the most phoned in performences I have ever seen.

Why didnt Benoit, Mysterio and Guerrero join Jericho in going old school last night? Those three were basically the WWE versions coming out.

Mysterio had the injury excuse and Psicosis and him havent worked together since 2000 im betting. Benoit and Guerrero completely phoned it in.

Eddie just plain looked like he didnt want to be there. One of the most phoned in performences I have ever seen.

Well yeah, that too. :P

I can't believe that I can sit here and say that Rey and Eddie were two of my least favorite parts of the show.

I could say Benoit, but he looked like he was more into it, and I'd be willing to bet had he been in there with someone else, it would have been fine. I think Psicosis could have had a much better match had he been working with someone else also, Rey didn't seem to want to work an ECW style (or even a real lucha style) match, but I'm sure the fact he is injured hurt things also. At least Psicosis went out there and busted out two or three pretty cool spots.