One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Guest *KNK*

I still wish they had done Storm/Benoit, Dean(although he had good reasons not to be there)/Eddy and gotten Scorpio to work the show with Jericho.

Storm always wanted a match with Benoit, Eddy might have been more motivated with Dean in the ring and Scorpio should have been there.

Instead we got that abortion of a WWE Style match and a opener that was too short in my mind.

Well, guys like Eddie and Rey had nothing to gain from the show. If one of them picked an injury, that'd be their storyline in jeopardy and however long on the shelf. And for what? One match on a reunion show?

I can't blame Eddie or Rey to be honest.

What was up with Psicosis getting to the ring and ripping his mask off? That threw me off for the entire match...well that and the fact I really have no love for Mysterio anyway.

Do you all think they will let the language go for ONS when it comes out on DVD? I mean, they did let the Rise and Fall ECW DVD go all out on the language. There would be to much editing.

It's the same company that made "S*CK IT" shirts, so of course F-Bombs aren't going to fly. Doesn't affect me none since people saying "fuck" all together doesn't really add anything to the actual wrestling.

I guess there is a vague possibility that they could make a completely un-bleeped audio track for a Parental Advisory DVD and market that DVD as absolutely unconditionally not being made for the younger fans, but PR matter big-time to this company, and Vince has long been upset with his public image of being a filth peddler.

Besides, you know no matter what they do, you'll buy the DVD so you can watch it every 10-12 months and remember that this actually happened.

What was up with Psicosis getting to the ring and ripping his mask off? That threw me off for the entire match...well that and the fact I really have no love for Mysterio anyway.

He lost his mask in a match in Mexico and follows the tradition of no longer wearing it. I figure he wore it to the ring since three-quarters of the crowd wouldn't immediately identify him as Psicosis without the mask.

Guest *KNK*
Did anyone like Ultimo or Jushin ever work ECW?

No. They've only wrestled in Japan, Mexico (Ultimo, anyway), and WCW for most of their careers.

The only other American work Liger i believe has done was the Weekend of Thunder doubleshot with ROH.

Great Sasuke sometimes would drop in to ECW.

And for the record, the Rise and Fall of ECW didn't bleep anything on their DVD. Everyone says "fuck" and "shit" unbleeped.

They couldn't allow "fuck" because the show was rated TV-14, which was a previous agreement when it originally was Bad Blood.

The DVD could probably be uncensored, and it'd be a great selling point.

I'd really like to hear what Bischoff said at the end.

And by the way folks, you can pre-order ECW One Night Stand from www.DeepDiscountDVD.com for only about $13.48 with free shipping, as opposed to the suggested retail price of $24.95.

Ship date on Tuesday, June 28th.

should have had Malenko come out during Eddie/Benoit to make it a 3 way dance. Malenko goes over!

To those who ordered the 10pm replay, is it just me or was Man in the Box dubbed over by some generic-type music? Earlier in the thread people were saying he had MitB playing, but it didn't sound quite right to me.

should have had Malenko come out during Eddie/Benoit to make it a 3 way dance. Malenko goes over!

Too bad his wife was having a baby.

he should have no showed the delivery

It was just a generic instrumental, not the real deal.

Guest *KNK*
I watched the original feed and it was NOT Alice In Chains.

It was a rip off version, at least they bothered enough to make it close to AIC MITB.

However, Enter Sandman was legit.

Guest jm29195

Don't know if this has been already discussed but do you think any of the ECW guys have earned themselves permanent jobs? I thought Awesome/Tanaka really distinguished themselves with their incredible match and Rhyno should be given a reprieve as well....... also the whole Impact Playas thing seemed to be more of an ongoing angle than would be normal for a one off thing...

Was Awesome in the ring at the end? I saw everyone else but not him...

To those who ordered the 10pm replay, is it just me or was Man in the Box dubbed over by some generic-type music? Earlier in the thread people were saying he had MitB playing, but it didn't sound quite right to me.

He didn't use Man in the Box on the live show. He used an instrumental cover. The only non-Harry Slash authentic music that was used was Metallica's Enter Sandman for The Sandman.

Meltzer said Mike Awesome blew out his knee during the Tanaka match, so he was probably getting medical treatment.

Meltzer said Mike Awesome blew out his knee during the Tanaka match, so he was probably getting medical treatment.

Are we talking "blown out" as in torn ligaments, or "blown out" as in generic knee injury that lacks a better term? That would suck for Awesome if he has to sit on the shelf rather than parley a high profile match into a bigger payday and even a fulltime gig. JBL seemed to be talking to OJ after the match about how he wanted Awesome on his team after the match. Of course, JBL was piss drunk so he could've been saying that he wanted Awesome to wash his car or something.

I can't confirm, but just specualte that on Deepdiscountdvd.com they have WWE-ECW (CE) which I can only guess stands for Collector's Edition consisting of Rise and Fall and ONS. It is priced at 18.88 but retail regular price is 34.95.

Someone from DVDVR who was there said Awesome's knee wasn't blown out, but that table cut open his leg pretty badly and there was a good hunk of flesh/muscle hanging out.

I'm still marking out over this show.

If the music they used were cheap rip-offs, it was pretty hard to tell because everything was so damned close to the original versions, and maybe they did use the Harry Slash versions. I wish RVD came out to "walk" though.