GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

I physically threw up after an Albert match.  I was sick anyways, but after watching it and becoming pissed, i threw up.

I just found another reason to like A-Train. Thanks.

Ya'll REALLY need to dl Awesome vs Kobashi from 98 if you don't think the guy can work a match outside of the Tanaka Realm.

Look, let's be real: The WWE should in no way consider bringing Awesome back until he grows back the mullet. I mean, honestly, Awesome lost all believeability of being "awesome" without his awesome mullet.

Ignoring the above post, after seeing Heat, Kid Kash would make a welcome addition to the cruiserweight division. He could put on some very entertaining matches with London and Rey, and also the incoming Mexicans.

Yeah I thought that match was pretty good. Venis vs. Dean was excellent too.

Phycosis and Super Crazy vs. Kidman and Akio was insanely boring. So slow paced and WWE style.

I wasn't home to catch Velocity, I was quite annoyed. But seriously, after seeing the Three Way Dance at One Night Stand, would any of that (except the moonsault) be THAT reckless? Surely WWE would be able to let cruisers go at least to that level.

But if they let the cruisers go even that fast, it would expose how boring all the heavyweights are. So they let 'em bust out a flip every once in a while, but everything else is 1/4 speed. If they hired Mike Awesome he could work WWE cruiser style. Thats the #1 reason the WWE sucks to me. The horrid shit they call wrestling.

Well one point WWE misses is that you don't necessarily have to do mindblowing, violent spots...but you also can't just grab headlocks and rest on the mat. They need to watch about 10 hours of Ricky Steamboat matches...not much in the way of dangerous spots, but the action is crisp and it flows. Steamboat/Macho from WM 3 for instance. Not much in the way of amazingly innovative stuff there, but there was no down time, no bullshit resting. The main theme should always be keep the action going.

Storm/Jericho at the ECW PPV was a good example. Nothing revolutionary but it had flow and no down time, and thus was a solid matchup.

Guest BrokenWings

Tracy Smothers cut a promo which can be found at http://www.championshipwrestlingtv.com/frames.htm challenging JBL to a shoot fight because of the JBL/Meanie situation, and said he'd put up his house, life savings, and his dog to get his hands on him.

Smothers has got a rep for being tough, but, would he be tough enough to take on the 6'7 Bradshaw? Discuss.

Guest nokia

Dave Meltzer (Observer) had this to say about the rumored 800,000 buys for the ECW show:

--Regarding buy rate estimates that are going around. The WWE doesn't even have a preliminary clue as to how the show did. I'd be shocked if it didn't do way over expectations. As far as the 800,000 figure going around, even though it may well turn out to be accurate, it could just as easily be 300,000, which would still be considered a major success. It could even be more than 800,000. As insane as that figure sounds, it wouldn't shock me if it's accurate. But you can't take any figure seriously until at least two weeks after the show.

I wasn't home to catch Velocity, I was quite annoyed.  But seriously, after seeing the Three Way Dance at One Night Stand, would any of that (except the moonsault) be THAT reckless?  Surely WWE would be able to let cruisers go at least to that level.

Yeah I mean, I am still amazed when talking to WWE fans that they don't understand what I mean when I say "WWE style wrestling" If you look ANYWHERE in 2005 at the style of wrestling(well, besides OVW), The indies/South America/Europe/Japan, WWE as far as the WRESTLING goes is still stuck in the 80's, sure they have added in blading, and the occasional chair shot, but everything looks so forced, pre-planned, and staged that it makes it worse altogether. It's not like it is an ECW style vs. WWE style that some people try to make it out to be, it is WWE style vs. ANYTHING ELSE case. Hell even WCW style wrestling was more entertaining besides the Main Event guys who were all former WWE guys anyway(besides Sting/Flair/Luger).

I wish they were stuck in GOOD 80s wrestling. Watch some tag action with the Rockers from back then, or as I said Steamboat, mid sized guys from that era. Matches actually move, there isn't necessarily anything ultra innovative or shocking in terms of moves but it's crisp and actually moves.

Wanna know what I think a problem could be? The ring is too big. On the ECW PPV everything had a little extra snap to it, and I think one reason is that the ring was a little smaller and it made things move quicker.

Guest jumpingbombangel
Tracy Smothers cut a promo which can be found at http://www.championshipwrestlingtv.com/frames.htm challenging JBL to a shoot fight because of the JBL/Meanie situation, and said he'd put up his house, life savings, and his dog to get his hands on him.

Smothers has got a rep for being tough, but, would he be tough enough to take on the 6'7 Bradshaw? Discuss.

Short answer: Yeah, he can fuck Bradshaw up right nice. Don't let Bradshaw's spin and PR fool you...he's not the same guy he was in 1995 (read: he's much fatter and softer compared to Tracey, who doesn't work shows catered with veggie platters).

Smothers is crazy, and he don't play in the shower, as far as I know.

Guest BrokenWings

I was just linked to a video from what looks to be a fan-cam which clearly picks up JBL shooting on Meanie, but it doesn't show anyone getting a hold of JBL. He was throwing fat bombs. He's very lucky no one got a hold of him, as it could have gotten REALLY ugly.

Hell, I was wary about a possible shoot from the ECW guys considering they had little to lose, and JBL pulls this shit? He's a brave man, I'll give him that.

http://video.freevideoblog.com/Player.aspx...F1F683&term=jbl

Wow full shots at Meanie's head, he busted him up big time. I feel sorry for Meanie who can't take a man of JBL's size. JBL is smart, he knows he won't get punished by Vince and guys like Smothers won't get a hand on him because he will never see them. This shows that JBL really thinks he's the man.

Here is some information of the ECW One Night Stand DVD, courtesy of Jeremy Hirsch:

I got the ECW ONS DVD already, here are some notes.

The Dudley's Drop the Bombshell was changed to their WWE Theme they used prior to that.

Sandman does not get his Metallica theme, instead some Generic wordless knockoff.

The Danny Doring/Roadkill segment was just plain old cut out the show. Didn't even see it on the extras.

I think Taz's theme also seemed changed.

Watching the big brawl at the end, JBL indeed did nail Meanie with a cheap shot. He was not even Focused on Bradshaw. JBL went straight up behind and after blowing off whoever tried to fight and went after Meanie.

And finally yes, They did bleep out the F***k's!

Credit:411Mania.com

So the fans will be singing along to some generic song? Hopefully it synchs up at least.

Here is some information of the ECW One Night Stand DVD, courtesy of Jeremy Hirsch:

I got the ECW ONS DVD already, here are some notes.

The Dudley's Drop the Bombshell was changed to their WWE Theme they used prior to that.

Sandman does not get his Metallica theme, instead some Generic wordless knockoff.

The Danny Doring/Roadkill segment was just plain old cut out the show. Didn't even see it on the extras.

I think Taz's theme also seemed changed.

Watching the big brawl at the end, JBL indeed did nail Meanie with a cheap shot. He was not even Focused on Bradshaw. JBL went straight up behind and after blowing off whoever tried to fight and went after Meanie.

And finally yes, They did bleep out the F***k's!

Credit:411Mania.com

So the fans will be singing along to some generic song? Hopefully it synchs up at least.

Guess I'll keep the Torrent version I have on my computer then.

Pathetic.

Guest nokia

Guess Vince didn't want to shell out the money for Enter Sandman to be used on the dvd after all...

Can't wait to see the crowd singing "Enter Sandman" to a generic music peace....Or maybe they'd edited out the entire entrance for Sandman ?