TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Ultimate Warrior 2-Disc DVD

Hey guys and gals,

Was just surfing over at DeepDiscountDVD.com, and they've got an Ultimate Warrior 2-Disc DVD set listed as a pre-order. I know this was rumored a while back, but now it appears to be a reality. Here's the link for it:

Ultimate Warrior 2-Disc Set

Any thoughts, comments?

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along in case no one had heard about it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WWE, include some of his incoherent WCW rants as easter eggs.

You have to wonder if that WM12 match will be featured, or if WWE has completely locked it away somewhere?

I'm guessing both discs will just be the 2 CHV VHSs re-released. :P

While I never was a Warrior, I did enjoy his feud with Rick Rude. At least have the SummerSlam 1989 match included as an extra.

What matches would you guys like to see in their entirety included in DVD quality?

I'd like to see some of his pre-WWF work. Does WWE have the rights to any of that?

There are plenty of Warrior moments/matches worth it to fill up two DVDs.

Guest Nater

I need to get drunk and buy this dvd set.

That way I'll have two reasons to piss myself, laughing.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I don't think it's worth buying a DVD on the wrestler with the most predictable matches. However, if it has Warrior/Hogan II, I'm interested.

If it had his Speech at the UCONN as an extra, then I would most certainly get this. Or if the had alternative commentary by the crazy bastard.

Therefor, I'll pass

They should include the WM7 retirement match against Randy Savage; that one's pretty funny and it's not too bad of a match considering Savage was in there.

Yeah, Cause Savage wasn't one of the best workers in the WWE in the 80's...[/sarcasm]

I've seen six Warrior matches that were tolerable, ever:

Summerslam '88 vs. Honkeytonk Man

Wrestlemania V vs. Rick Rude

Wrestlemania VI vs. Hulk Hogan

WWF title defense in Japan vs. Ted Dibiase

Wrestlemania VII vs. Randy Savage

Wrestlemania XII vs. HHH

That sure as hell ain't enough to make a 2-disc DVD.

As much as Warrior gets shit on by Smarks, rightfully so, he is LOVED by many people. Whenever I speak to most people who used to watch wrestling when they were growing up in th 80's/early 90's most say how they loved the Ultimate Warrior, had his action figure, etc.... The common person who grew up watching him do have a fondness for him. BTW, I shit on the Warrior all the time too. But, nontheless, I will still probably get this DVD.

Jingus, your lack of wrestling exposure doesn't mean that the matches don't exist.

Why not also throw on:

Warrior, Tornado, LOD Vs. Perfect & Demoltion - SSeries 90

Warrior, Rockers, Neidhart Vs. Heenan, Anderson, Andre, Haku - SSeries 89

Warrior & LOD Vs. Demolition - SNME 90

Warrior Vs. Savage - SummerSlam 92

Those matches are some of the more pretty wide-known matches he's had and they are good.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

How about his feud with Papa Shango? That was VERY entertaining. :boxing:

He had a good cage match with Rick Rude at Summerslam 1991 as well.

I was always a huge mark for the Match Made In Hell now that I think about it.

Guest *KNK*
He had a good cage match with Rick Rude at Summerslam 1991 as well.

1990 in fact. I never liked the match but that besides the point, a year later in 1991, he teamed with Hogan against Slaughter and Mustafa(yes, that angle extended beyond WM)

All it needs is a "Warrior Commentary" track that runs throughout the entire DVD...sorta like the "Drunken Commentary" track on the Orgazmo DVD.

As much as Warrior gets shit on by Smarks, rightfully so, he is LOVED by many people. 

I have to admit, I'm one of them. I was a Warrior mark back in the day.

I realize he's crazy as all fuck now, but I used to like him.

Guest Dumb Monkey

This is going to be worse than a rotten banana. Warrior's 7 good matches are all available elsewhere on tapes that are easy to find. I guarante half the people who posted in this topic have all the matches mentioned by UsetheSledge and Jingus.

This is going to be worse than a rotten banana. Warrior's 7 good matches are all available elsewhere on tapes that are easy to find. I guarante half the people who posted in this topic have all the matches mentioned by UsetheSledge and Jingus.

Yea, but not in dvd quality. Besides, it will probably come with a feature on his career. Hopefully they can make up with mr warrior so he can provide some "insight" into his career. as a dvd extra, you can have him ramble on about whatever is on his mind for 20-30 minutes.

and yes I was a warrior mark. way bigger fan of his than hogan back in the day. The first show I watched was the 90 survivor series, so thus the first wrestling match I watched was warriors vs perfect team, so I would love that as an extra. I even had his wrestling buddy, but sadly no action figure.

They'd need to get Warrior to actually present the DVD. That'd be the selling point. Get Warrior in and have him ramble about each match. Gold.

What SNME matches could they have on there? He had title defences against Rude, Andrea, Haku, Honky (HV or IC), the Tag Title Match with Savage vs. Money Inc, tag match with Hogan vs. Perfect and Genius, six man tag with LOD vs. Demolition (already mentioned)...any of those any good?

Actually, if your going to put a match with Rick Rude on this tape I would include the rematch Warrior had with him for the IC belt @ SummerSlam 1989. That match gets overlooked by a lot of people but was a helluva lot better than the WrestleMania V match AND MUCH better than the SummerSlam 1990 cage match. That match wasn't memorable b/c the crowd was dead due to the match following Hogan-Earthquake and the only thing I specifically remember is Rude doing a chop off the top of the cage.