TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I wouldn't take Gamepro for free.

I started a new game of FF VII last night. This is definetly the best game ever. Anytime I have second thoughts or consider that it may not have aged well just playing it again instantly gets me back into it.

I contemplate getting that game literally once a week. I just got into RPGs 2 years ago and I love them, but I never have the time or attention span to complete most of them. Still, I loved the 2 hours or so I played on FFVII, and many of my friends tout it as the best game ever, so I figure it must be at least worth one playthrough. It'll probably take me a good year to play through a 40 hour quest, though.

It's still worth playing. The gameplay is just as good as ever and even though the graphics are now horrible the direction is so good they still have impact. The only things that haven't held up are the music quality and the translation.

I don't give a shit about graphics. I love my graphically impaired old school games more than most newer ones.

I'll probably pick up the game once I complete Tales of Symphonia (over 1 year of play, 50 hours and counting, best RPG ever) even though I have several unopened games like KOTOR. With Advent Children coming out soon, I need to play through the game so I can appreciate AC's story.

The music in Cinder's stage in Killer Instinct is awesome.

Also, in 1995 (I don't know about now since I haven't seen the game since then), the animation used for Cinder's character model, moves, and level fatality were awesome. It's truely a shame that could not carry over to the SNES and the version of KI that came out for the "Ultra 64" (as the arcade machine kept telling me... and yes, I'm aware of the story there) did not retcon him into its version of KI2.

like everything about KI is awesome. The arcade versions of both still look really cool to this day.

I thought KI2's (or at least Gold, assume it existed in the arcade version) concept on how to execute finishing moves was pretty cool. I also thought the way rounds were structured was a great idea.

Has anyone ever seen or played this?

street%20fighter%20ii%20fronte.jpg

I love pinball and pinball tie-ins, so I would love to play this, but good lord that's an awful rendition of Chun-Li.

KI2 is a lot better than gold. It's like comparing KI1 arcade to SNES.

I've played SF II pinball. It's ok. Chun Li's head looks so weird.

Either that Rinoa is pretty hot or I really like that costume a little too much.

If my GameCrazy source is correct, Atlus is going to be making more copies of some of its PS2 games in the immediate future. The list includes Disgaea, Shin Megumi Tensei: Nocturne and Shin Megumi Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

I thought KI2's (or at least Gold, assume it existed in the arcade version) concept on how to execute finishing moves was pretty cool. I also thought the way rounds were structured was a great idea.

Has anyone ever seen or played this?

street%20fighter%20ii%20fronte.jpg

I love pinball and pinball tie-ins, so I would love to play this, but good lord that's an awful rendition of Chun-Li.

My local Laser Tag arena had one of those machines...

It was a good pinball game and tied certain things in the game (hitting certain ramps, knocking out all the targets, etc) to "defeating" the Street Fighter in question.

When you beat that Street Fighter, you'd get your choice from two different bonuses, which ranged from an Extra Ball, to millions of points, to turning on Multiball or a bonus mode.

It wasn't the best pinball game I ever played (Lethal Weapon 3, Adams Family, 3D Revenge From Mars, and others beat it out) but it was certainly fun... especially when you could get free games easily.

backglass.jpg

Speaking of Revenge From Mars, I need to get some audio clips from that game...

Specifically, there's a level where a giant martian is fought by the US's own Mecha... a giant Abraham Lincoln.

When you win, you get a Mortal Kombat-style announcement that says "Robo-Lincoln... wins" or "Sixteenth President... wins"

I know anyone can submit anything to IMDB and if it sounds reasonably true to them they will put it in a title's info, but I would like some clarification on this issue:

"The age old 'Mike Bison' rumor has actually snowballed into something of a misunderstanding over time. In the original Street Fighter release a Boxer character named 'Mike' would be encountered toward the end of the game, he has since been officially identified as a once-off character having nothing to do with the Shadolwloo boss character Balrog of the second installment in the series; Street Fighter II. Due to an infamous translation/porting problem in some of the first releases of SF2 to the west, some of the Boss characters names had been changed around (as mentioned above) this incurred push for a lawsuit from Mike Tyson's legal council at the time. However it was only due to the assumption that Balrog's 'M. Bison' moniker was referencing the previous 'Mike' character, and therefore an illegal use of his name/likeness. The lawsuit never happened as there wasn't enough premise for it in first, with Capcom having never used his name and only ever sighting the real life Boxer as an obvious inspiration for the 'Mike' & 'Balrog' characters. Vega was always intended to be a Mediterranean name for a Mediterranean fighter. Bison's 'M' has been identified as 'Major' or 'Master' depending on where you look, pending his self appointed leadership and military garb."

I always believed the Mike Bison thing.

I don't get what they're trying to say. If they're saying the US names are what they originally intended then they are clearly wrong. In Japan it has always been Vega = Dictator, Bison = Boxer and Balrog = Claw. It's still that way. The name "Vega" was meant to be for the dictator, it's just a coincidence that it happened to work for a spanish guy too.

I don't think Capcom will ever say for sure if Mike Bison and Mike(SF1) are the same guy. They go back and forth depending on their current mood. It's the same thing with Hugo in SF III. Sometimes it seems like he's Andore, sometimes not.

That article doesn't say anything really. Capcom changed it for legal reasons and retconned to have Mike not be Balrog(sometimes). Any other claims are silly.

EDIT: Is Poison still a dude and is Zangeif still gay?

I'm not sure I believe the stuff about Poison in that SF plot guide. I know for a fact the guy doesn't know very much about Final Fight. If he has basic info wrong(like Poison IS in FF1 arcade) then why should anyone trust what he says about stuff that's in another language and can't be verified?

If I could ever get a gift to end all gifts to my former roommate, it would be that SFII pinball machine.... its a great machine, but I LOVED Bride of PinBot.

I thought that I the Bison thing was absolutely true.... hell the character looks almost exactly like Tyson...

I never thought Zangief was gay.... any proof of this?

Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection is intriguing, especially if there's a new character.

Tekken 5.0 is better than Tekken 5.1. Simplified oki is bad. :(

I don't like all my characters being weaker or Kazuya's new ws+2 stun. Kuma is still bad, which is stupid.

I hope Resurrection has all new characters instead of someone like Jun.

I've been kind of down on T5 lately. Not that I don't still love it, but everyone I know isn't all that thrilled with 5.1 and the game is getting old since I've been playing it like nonstop for a year now. This new upgrade is coming at a good time.

I've been more obsessed with 3rd Strike that T5 lately.

Guest Askewniverse

Street Fighter III: Third Strike is probably my favorite 2D fighter. Makes me regret selling my Dreamcast.

Gill was a fuckin' bastard on the highest difficulty setting. I hated his Wing super. Even if you blocked, it would still take away about 1/4th of your health.