TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

AVGN has a new (actually old and unreleased from 2006) video up, "Chronologically Confused about the Zelda Timeline". As a fan of AVGN, Zelda, and the original "Confused" video, this could be promising.

Speaking of AVGN, what the hell happened to Alex Puma?

AVGN has a new (actually old and unreleased from 2006) video up, "Chronologically Confused about the Zelda Timeline". As a fan of AVGN, Zelda, and the original "Confused" video, this could be promising.

Speaking of AVGN, what the hell happened to Alex Puma?

Lurking, I think.

I wonder what he'd have to say about the Happy Video Game Nerd.

That AVGN video, in the context he set in the beginning, is alright, but it's like one of his "out of character" videos he's been doing now and then (IOW, it's a James Rolfe video more than an AVGN). Although it does little more than state the obvious; the Zelda "timeline" makes the Castlevania timeline seem concrete and easy to understand.

Awesome 3 and 1/2 minute long Lego Batman trailer:

Wow, having never heard of that until this thread, that's pretty f'n sweet.

I'll be sorely disappointed if there's no Robin in this game though.

I read in a Game Informer article that Robin is in. Lego Star Wars had you paired up with a group pretty much at all times, so I'm pretty sure Batman will be the same. Maybe not a group, but at least Robin and maybe Batgirl or Nightwing.

I await gameplay footage. This may surprise some, but I never played a real Lego Star Wars game (just a demo that didn't strike me as all that great), so I'm skeptical.

If you're talking 09, then wait until mid-October to buy one, check the internet reviews as well as the EA forums for each game. Both NCAA 08 and Madden 08 were major steps forward in a lot of ways, but a handful of steps back in others including bugs, freezes, glitchy discs, etc. and by waiting you have the benefit of seeing what issues they had and what they already patched.

If you want an 08 game, I would recommend NCAA, I always do. It's just more fulfilling to me to build a shitty school like Baylor to be a competitive force (only to bounce from school to school to save them from the drudgery of 1-11, 0-8 seasons) than it is to play one year as a bad NFL team, take good draft picks and great free agents and be in the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm talking '09.

Also, when I said what series, what I meant was what company/brand has the better games, EA or 2K or whatever else is out there. Should have worded that better.

There's no way to word it better. EA has exclusive licenses for NFL and NCAA, so if you want either of those you only have EA as a choice.

There's All Pro Football 2k9, should that come out. There's that other game with the realistic physics engine....Backbreaker, or something like that. I have no idea if that's a game or a physics demonstration, though.

I noticed new Backyard Football game has an NFL license. I wonder how that works since EA to my knowledge has those rights sewn up.

I have been playing the "The Club" demo. I want to put it down and call it stupid...but it pulls me right back. I played that damn demo like 10 times. I might not spend the full 60 on it, I will wait it out, but I will eventually buy this game.

It kinda reminds me of Maximum Overdose without the acrobatic shots. That game was something like 200 different types of kick ass, so I will get this.

On NCAA 07 I just had the greatest scoring flurry in the history of everything.

Ran in a touchdown... caused a fumble on the kickoff which I returned for a touchdown... ran an interception back on the second play after the next kickoff for a touchdown... three and out and ran the punt back for a touchdown... and cause another fumble on the kickoff and throw for a touchdown on a three yard dump off pattern and juke three defenders on my way to the endzone.

Poor Duke. :(

Just thought I'd share.

Also I was just on Varsity, but it was still freaking amazing. You should have seen it.

I'm skeptical about the Devil May Cry series and here's why. When the first one came out years ago, my friend had bought it. Well one day while they were watching DBZ in the living room, I went to his room to play DMC....and I really walked through it and beat it within a few hours. I was very disappointed as the game was suppose to be challanging.

Oh and I know it's really late to post this, but for the guy who was wondering about the NFL Tour game...I played the demo and found far to easy to score and other things.

I'm skeptical about the Devil May Cry series and here's why. When the first one came out years ago, my friend had bought it. Well one day while they were watching DBZ in the living room, I went to his room to play DMC....and I really walked through it and beat it within a few hours. I was very disappointed as the game was suppose to be challanging.

Oh and I know it's really late to post this, but for the guy who was wondering about the NFL Tour game...I played the demo and found far to easy to score and other things.

The first and third DMCs were entertaining, the second was trash. God the second was awful. Being able to fire the rocket launcher and kill everything before you could see them takes the fun out of it. Plus they just sucked the life out of Dante. Very little of the smartass from 1. I'm hoping 4 works, I really want some mindless violence.

All things considered though, it's not terribly difficult if you used to something like Ninja Gaiden. It serves it's purpose though.

http://gaming.monstersandcritics.com/xbox3...Duty_5_for_2008

If you’re a dedicated fan of the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises, then the following news will quite literally be bullet-riddled music to your battered and bruised ears.

Specifically, leading third-party videogame publisher Activision has this week revealed that a new Call of Duty title and not one, not two, but three Guitar Hero offerings will be gracing multiple platforms before the end of fiscal 2008 (March 31, 2009).

Shifting its IP profit squeezing into overdrive, Activision has outlined that two of its new Guitar Hero titles will be available by July, while the third is pencilled in for an autumn arrival.

Very little is currently known about the new edition of Call of Duty. However, current chatter does suggest Activision will now alternate Call of Duty productions between Infinity Ward (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) and Treyarch (Call of Duty 3). Given that Call of Duty 4 was last out of the gate, we’d hedge our bets on Treyarch helming the new title with a return to World War II as the most likely setting.

Other Activision titles set to tempt gamers during 2008 include a new Tony Hawk skateboarding title built on the back of player feedback and improved innovation. Also, Marvel fans can expect another Spider-Man game and even a follow up to Ultimate Alliance -- with Christmas being a sweet spot for release.

And there’s more, a brand new James Bond game will arrive in time to bolster the Hollywood performance of Daniel Craig’s latest outing as England’s favourite super spy in the oddly titled "Quantum of Solace.”

Finally, knee-high gamers should also get a little movie tie-in love from uncle Activision later this year (summer months) with the likes of Madagascar 2 and Kung Fu Panda both confirmed.