TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Why is it that a team in NCAA2007 with a shitty schedule that only has 3 "rough" games against teams with .500 or better gets a top class bowl game? Is it just because I'm playing in the Big East and won the division (quite handly), or is it because I was undefeated?

I'm really having a hard time justifing my Orange Bowl game I got against Virginia Tech, since I beat up a West Virginia team that had a depleted roster, Ottawa Aces team that I nearly fucking gave the game away to via fumbles (6 in total: two by the QB, two by the HB, one by the TE, one by #2WR), and a Louisville team that kept me scoreless for nearly two quarters (longest I was held without scoring, they even scored first).

It's a messed-up BCS system in 07; the Big East winner automatically goes to the Orange Bowl like they used to, while in reality they just get an automatic at-large.

Wow, that's messed up. Might explain some things though, yet still. That's all sorts of messed. I don't wanna get an automatic Orange Bowl if I win Big East... :(

Sadly though, my card corrupted so I lost my saves and had to restart from scratch. Went back to a ball controll team for Toronto Crusaders (and Ottawa Aces as the same), but decided to amuse myself by creating a 5'5 HB and having him be the starter. He's so small and fast (being smaller make'em faster, for whatever reason) that he just finds the holes and breaks free but fuck it when he gets hit, 'cause man, he drops like a rock. :D I'm so drafting him.

And I don't like my "things to accomplish list" this time around: Beat West Virginia (its my rival, stupid game not letting me take Ottawa), achieve bowl bid, beat a team with 5 or 6 prestige. For a B- overall team, that's not gonna be an easy task. I can probably get the bowl bid, but my only 5 or 6 presitge team I'm facing is West Virginia and Louisville (I think). If I don't complete my goals, what's the likelihood of being fired? Because I got a bad feeling here that WV is the only team that is 5 or 6 stars.

You have to really suck to get fired. They may not offer you a contract extension if you don't achieve at least one of the goals, but as long as you aren't losing most/all of your games you won't get outright fired. Hell, if you can beat West Virginia you're guaranteed to reach at least 2 of your goals, and if you're good enough to pass them you should be good enough for 6 wins + a bowl bid.

Oh, and you are almost definitely stuck with the Orange Bowl in the Big East. I had to take Syracuse to the ACC to get into the national championship game. (I also moved West Virginia to the ACC, so the Big East is absolutely garbage in my game)

I just connected my 360 to Live for the first time, but it says my Gamerscore is 0 when it should be 450. Do achievements unlocked while not connected to Live not count? if so, that'd be pretty bogus, especially after spending all that time on Oblivion.

Wait... So I can NEVER obtain a BCS in Big East? Are you freaking KIDDING ME? That's unreal and total bullshit. Argh another freaking reset. :(

You MIGHT be able to. I wasn't able to right away, so I gave up and left for the ACC (I was getting bored of coaching Syracuse and wanted to at least make a run at a national title before heading elsewhere).

so they're making a Firefly/Serenity MMO game. That could be really cool, but it could also blow if they try to make it too much like other MMO games.

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the "Western" aspects in the TV show, I think they should play that up a bit when you're on planets, because it's something different.

Come to think of it, why aren't there any real wide open Western games? think GTA/Bully type play, but in the old west, battlin' injuns, shootouts at the OK Corral, poker, think basically a Deadwood game.

Wild West Online would be kick ass...as long as it doesn't get TOO silly with character creations and fictional happenings. Obviously you have to throw some fiction in there to keep it interesting, but no aliens and robots and shit like that! Set up tons of scenarios completely made up and also based on real life events, have several different servers so the originality doesn't wear thin, allow people to crossover to other servers from time to time.

so they're making a Firefly/Serenity MMO game. That could be really cool, but it could also blow if they try to make it too much like other MMO games.

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the "Western" aspects in the TV show, I think they should play that up a bit when you're on planets, because it's something different.

Come to think of it, why aren't there any real wide open Western games? think GTA/Bully type play, but in the old west, battlin' injuns, shootouts at the OK Corral, poker, think basically a Deadwood game.

There will probably be a lot of "bounty" missions in either type of game. I guess in a western game you could also rassle some cattle up or something.

Here's something interesting: Super Mario Bros. Special, a game made by Hudson Soft in 1986 for some Japanese PC. Man does this game look like it sucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAZnxPoqKJY

What was with that Hudson Bee power-up? What did it do besides make his outfit yellow?

The loading between screens makes the game look almost unplayable.

Guest NYankees

I thought gun was like that.

Anyone who has a DS must get the New Castlevania Portait of Ruin. Best Buy had a stack of 'em out there yesterday breaking the streetdate. Great follow up to Castlevania: DS and Bloodlines (Genesis).

What's the general opinion on Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for SNES?

I just started playing it on an emulator (with a dual shock - the ps2/pc adaptor works perfect). At first I wasn't all that hot on it (since i'd been playing super mario world the previous day), but as its gone on, I've really warmed up to it. The egg shooting and the Luigi-mario2-hang-in-air jump both work perfectly.

What's the general opinion on Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for SNES?

It's absolutely terrific, amazing, a classic, and one of the best platformers ever. Extremely creative play mechanics, A++ level designs, spot on control, a very funky and unique graphic style, and oddball graphical effects. The only problems are that the bosses are easy and there's far too little variety in the music (a handful of tunes are rehashed throughout the entire game).

Say what? They do? Seriously? The team needs more Japanese players.

I made out like a kid in the candy store during the off-season in NCAA. I aquired like 18 different freshmen during the off-season, mostly ****, to increase an already deep talent pool for my team (doesn't mean my team is GOOD, but deep helps). Got one **** named Tom Richards, WR that is 95+ for speeds, agility, and acceleration, but awareness is 50, however strength and break tackle are both in the 80s. ^_^

Also what is with the schedule maker for NCAA? I'm playing my first six games on the road. Its the oddest schedule ever and A too.

Oh, for that matter, has a tight end ever won the Heisman? My TE was second last year and is the favorite to win it this year.

I didn't like it. Just because Baby Mario was SO FUCKING ANNOYING

So you are so bad at the game you're actually hearing that often? :P

That isn't the game's fault. Suck it up and get better at it.

I haven't ever seen that to be a valid reason to dislike the game. If anything it increases the sense of urgency.

Guest Smues

It's a valid reason to get annoyed at the game, just not to hate it. Playing on mute isn't a great option because then you miss the awesome music.

So today I found out that Nintendo actually owns the Seattle Mariners (baseball team). Learn something new every day.

Ken Griffey Jr presents MLB Baseball was a really good baseball game despite the lack of a Players License except for Griffey.

I didn't see this anywhere else, so...

In an unexpected announcement, Square-Enix revealed that the next installment in the Dragon Quest series is going to be on the Nintendo DS.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/750/750590p1.html

I'm relieved, since I was convinced that it'd be released on the PS3, meaning that I wouldn't be able to play the game for at least a couple years. But at the same time, this represents a pretty big shift in the series. Not only is it the first time a "main" title from the series is released on a handheld first (I think), but the gameplay is changing from traditional RPG to a Four Swords kinda thing. Either way, I'm excited, and I can't wait to get my hands on this title.