TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Picked up Tetris Plus, Bust a Move 99, Star Sweep, Rampage 2 Universal Tour the other day. Star Sweep is my new favorite puzzle game now its a basic color tile matching game with pieces being pushed upward the music sounds like it came from Puzzle Bubble series. What makes this different is that each tile has a star on the corners and must be matched up with corresponding color. In vs mode if the opponent does a combo it will send over some clouds that can not be eliminated which turns up the difficulty level.

My local store stopped carrying N64/PS1/DC stuff last year (shipped all their stock to "other stores"), but I was out of town today, and picked up a few games.

For N64 I got Hybrid Heaven and Kirby.

For PS1 I got Rhapsody, Bust a Move 99, Twisted Metal 2, and since it was only 45 cents--Uprising X (I honestly don't know what the hell it is even).

And somebody slapped the wrong label on NES Classics Zelda (was labeled as Zelda 2), so I picked it up as well. Fortunately, I was being rung up by the token female-who-knows-nothing-about-games they recently hired, so she didn't notice. Yay.

Except for Zelda, the rest was like 9 bucks total.

I had huge high hopes for Hybrid Heaven, how humorous.

Although a friend of mine and I thought the cutscene of a naked guy answering his door while the guy talking to him keeps appearing to look down pretty funny.

are they still making new GBA games or have they moved on completely to the DS?

A trickle.

Because of DS' GBA slot, I don't expect we'll see the end of GBA games completely for a while.

I watched Angry Nintendo Nerd's (after just discovering - or perhaps rediscovering as I know I've been to screwattack.com before at Andrew's suggestion) review of CastleVania 2 today. I wish more of them were like that. He's pretty calm and just explains design flaws without going into explicitly long cursing rants.

Forget about downloading those emulated games on wii or ps3 get the real thing for cheap! Twisted Metal 3 and 4 for a two~ dollars! Dreamcast Tony Hawk 2 for $1.25, alot of crappy sports games for 0.75 cents! Golden Eye for two fitty, F-Zero X for two fitty, Ken Griffey Baseball for $1.25!

NHL '97 for the Saturn is $1 at Zellers.

I watched Angry Nintendo Nerd's (after just discovering - or perhaps rediscovering as I know I've been to screwattack.com before at Andrew's suggestion) review of CastleVania 2 today. I wish more of them were like that. He's pretty calm and just explains design flaws without going into explicitly long cursing rants.

That's on the first one's I've watched, and made me almost think that the guy is actually watchable. How wrong was I. The guy became such a caricature of himself that he ceased to be funny or make good points anymore. But that is his best review because he doesn't try to hard to be funny, and it actually seems to be informative. Plus, CastleVania 2 is in a long list of "Second games in a great franchise that either really suck or just not worth the time", along with Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan), Zelda 2, and Final Fantasy II (Japan).

On a different topic, I'm currently avoiding GameStop/EBgames at the moment, really because they're showing the full ending for Zelda: TP on the video they show in the stores. That has to be the most brain dead thing a company has done, I can't fathom how this will help the company in the long run. I know of a few people willing to boycott the company just because of it.

It'll be like like having a major

Showing the scene where Aeris dies

just months after FF7 came out. Heck, even showing the ending to FF7. I can't imagine anybody wanting to play FF7 after seeing how bad the ending is.

admiteddly, I did get a laugh out of the Nerd's review of Top Gun.

The best part is the power glove one when he lands the plane in top gun with the glove and just stares in amazement.

I did get Tony Hawk 2, Virtual Tennis, Space Channel 5, Ready 2 Rumble, V Rally, Royal Rumble on Dreamcast but missed out on Dragon Warrior 7 on Playstation :( $1.25 for Dreamcast games ruled and $1 for the controller!

Hold on, you got Space Channel 5 for $1.75? Jammy bastard, ive been after that game for ages.

On a different topic, I'm currently avoiding GameStop/EBgames at the moment, really because they're showing the full ending for Zelda: TP on the video they show in the stores. That has to be the most brain dead thing a company has done, I can't fathom how this will help the company in the long run. I know of a few people willing to boycott the company just because of it.

It'll be like like having a major

Showing the scene where Aeris dies

just months after FF7 came out. Heck, even showing the ending to FF7. I can't imagine anybody wanting to play FF7 after seeing how bad the ending is.

Aeris dies!!!!

Oh no. I can't keep playing anymore. Why did you do this Square?

I haven't been this upset since SNK keeps trying to kill of Geese.

I picked up Sonic Mega Collection last night, knowing it's away better deal than waiting for each Sonic game to come out individually for the VC. Smart move on my part. I beat Sonic 1 for the first time without savestates for the first time ever. Feels very satisfying when I win without cheating :P. I only collected two emeralds, those special stages are though.

Also, I managed to find a copy of Star Fox 64 for $5.00 at GameCrazy. The original cart for 50% less than the VC? Good deal I say.

I liked the "Ring shaped planet" part the most.

It's a tragedy no one brought THIS game over to the US for release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

Morbo congratulates our gigantic cyborg president. May death come swiftly to his enemies.

It's already all in English! I don't know why they didn't.

Someone was going to at one point - I found it in an old OXBM.

I'll wait until I see the trailer to bash it anymore, but frankly I think GTA has it coming. They released about 5 games (6 if you include Bully) that were the exact same damn game, basically, within the span of one generation. The same problems, the same basic gameplay, with slight changes (Now with motorcycles! And swimming!), but they never fix any of the fundamental flaws of the series or do one thing particularly well. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Who called it?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/782/782956p1.html

Other details revealed by Reiner include the possibility that players may be able to drive boats, get a girlfriend and - bizarrely - climb up telegraph poles. Rockstar also hinted to him that previous characters from GTA titles might put in an appearance, plus Reiner predicts that locations outside of Liberty City could be downloaded from Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network.

So, we MIGHT get some features they've had in the past games. Maybe they've decided this badass individual drowns the second he touches water, like in III. Good show, Rockstar, good show.

Yay! Rockstar jumps on the Microtransaction bandwagon! Did I say yay? I meant BOOOOOO!

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 on PS2. So far, it's a great game but two gripes. 1) It's at times damn hard to see around because your character takes up too much of the screen (it's behind the shoulder view) and 2) lack of strafing ability. As a result it's sometimes clunky to move around (I guess similar to the previous REs). But the story seems more interesting and some of the fights are damn terrifying.

Since watching the AVGN TMNT review, I ended up watching them all and determined the guy is hilarious. I mean, he's just a character (he said so himself), what are people (looking at YOU, Pumaman) getting so uptight about? The Ghostbusters stuff, Atari 5200, and TMNT III movie review were all excellent.