TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Couple of Rockstar-related bits:

First off is the Xbox 360 GTA IV Cause Chaos Live Weekend. Register, download a picture pack, play GTA IV multiplayer, and maybe win some stuff.

http://www.xbox.com/CauseChaos

Second, there's a half-price Rockstar Games sale on Steam this weekend. $10 for San Andreas, $5 for Vice City, GTA III, the Max Paynes (or $7.50 for both), and so on. Or get everything for a tidy $30.

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Rockstar%20Games

Has anyone else downloaded Mega Man 9 yet? I've been playing since Thursday, and wow, some of the levels actually are pretty hard. I've really been enjoying it, though.

Guest Smues

I picked it up on Monday and thus far I don't like it. Yeah yeah old school feel, so I understand no charged shot. But no slide? Are you kidding me?

Guest Smues

But Beat, Rush, collecting screws to buy shit all started after MM3. I know they want to go old old school, but throwing all that in yet no damned slide is just retarded.

I can make it all the way to the twin slime balls in the third part of the last level. The slide's pretty unnecessary, but if I was a huge Mega Man fan, I'd probably feel the pain of missing it.

Besides, if they gave Mega Man the slide, a lot of people wouldn't pay the extra dollar for Proto Man.

I picked it up on Monday and thus far I don't like it. Yeah yeah old school feel, so I understand no charged shot. But no slide? Are you kidding me?

The logic behind no slide is that it makes escaping certain bosses' patterns much easier. Imagine fighting Galaxy Man with a slide. Not that he's hard anyway.

Protoman can slide?

If you pay a dollar to unlock him, yes. He also takes double the damage that Mega Man does and he goes back twice as far when hit.

And I just got killed by Wily's third form. Damn damn damn.

Protoman can slide?

If you pay a dollar to unlock him, yes. He also takes double the damage that Mega Man does and he goes back twice as far when hit.

And I just got killed by Wily's third form. Damn damn damn.

TWO DARRAH

Guest Smues

Well the double damage taking and flying when hit already makes me not want him, and paying for him just to have the slide would validate them not including it in the first place, or some other immature rationalization, so I won't buy him!

Well the double damage taking and flying when hit already makes me not want him, and paying for him just to have the slide would validate them not including it in the first place, or some other immature rationalization, so I won't buy him!

I dunno if I'll get him. The new stage with a new boss will be bought, though.

I am now a Metal Gear Solid fan after finishing the first one due to a friend pushing it on me. I bought the collection, so I have 2 and 3 to go before I hit 4.

I ended up getting MGS4 with my PS3 in the bundle and tried my damndest to only play online and skip any story parts of the main single player campaign. Just so that I could play through 1-3 beforehand. Couldn't resist though, so I went through 4 first and just finished 1 the other weekend. Going onto 2 & 3 now. Yah I know I did the story a lil backwards but I'm just looking at it like I'm seeing "prequels" to the 4th game, heh.

It has nothing to do with anything, but times they are a-changin when a GameFAQs character battle appears to have Tidus & Weighted Companion Cube teaming up to eliminate Donkey Kong in the first round.

And in more important news, 5 games are available on Steam for free if you own anything that has the Source Engine. To top THAT, if you don't have anything with the Source engine, HL2: Episode 1 is on sale for $5 and that'll get you started.

So I've played two games of 2k9 and both games have frozen on me.

Of course, I haven't updated my system since Ike hit so maybe that's it..if not, maybe a patch will come out for it.

I am now a Metal Gear Solid fan after finishing the first one due to a friend pushing it on me. I bought the collection, so I have 2 and 3 to go before I hit 4.

I ended up getting MGS4 with my PS3 in the bundle and tried my damndest to only play online and skip any story parts of the main single player campaign. Just so that I could play through 1-3 beforehand. Couldn't resist though, so I went through 4 first and just finished 1 the other weekend. Going onto 2 & 3 now. Yah I know I did the story a lil backwards but I'm just looking at it like I'm seeing "prequels" to the 4th game, heh.

My roommate had MGS2 on his Xbox, so I finally played it a few months ago and completely fell for it. I tracked down a copy of Twin Snakes that I could play on my Wii and beat it twice (I had an old save file from 2006 on there that I finished immediately after my new file). I really, really want to play Snake Eater. I've heard it is the best one. Hopefully I can borrow a PS2 from someone. Until then I found some old Splinter Cell games for $4 at a local game store. Hopefully they'll tide me over.

I loved MGS1, but MGS2 confused the hell out of me. I actually had to think about everything after the game ended. Not saying that in a bad way. Going to start MGS3 this weekend.

In other news, I've been on a PSX binge and just bought Parasite Eve and Silent Hill off Ebay. I'll be going into them after MGS3.

I got Saint Rows 2 today.my store got it in early.

Fucken awesome. The radio stations in this game blow away the ones in GTA 4. It's definetly fun. I know why they delayed it because every flaw GTA 4 has, this game improves. Also it added checkpoints in mid misson so if you die in a misson you don't have to start at the beginning.

Customization is amazing too. i made my charcter a girl. A real whore too. Playing this game as a girl adds a whole new level to this insanity.

Guest Smues
Really, who cares about the single player campaign?

Raises Hand.

That's all I played in the first Star Craft, and that's likely to be all I do in the 2nd one.

And having read that article I think splitting it into 3 parts is pretty lame. On the upside I guess I can skip the zerg one and just buy Terran and Protoss.

Really, who cares about the single player campaign?

Raises Hand.

That's all I played in the first Star Craft, and that's likely to be all I do in the 2nd one.

And having read that article I think splitting it into 3 parts is pretty lame. On the upside I guess I can skip the zerg one and just buy Terran and Protoss.

Maybe not. The way it sounds, is that the Terran campaign is the main one, and Zerg and Protoss are expansion packs. Not sure if anything will be stand alone or not. Too many conflicting reports to determine what's what, though.